5th Park inevitable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That blows my mind they’ve only used a quarter of that land. I don’t think satellite pictures even do justice what they have to work with

Yeah, it’s overall ~40 square miles .... manhattan is ~22 Square Miles so they have almost twice the land

My understanding is that Walt's will stipulated that a certain percentage of Disney property be set aside for wetlands etc. to the point where if they do expansions they buy additional undeveloped property in Central Florida to offset it.

My understanding is that Walt's will stipulated that a certain percentage of Disney property be set aside for wetlands etc. to the point where if they do expansions they buy additional undeveloped property in Central Florida to offset it.
I don’t think it’s his will, I think it’s regulations set down by the Florida government.

But I do know that they have bought and sold land to keep that balance going

Yeah, it’s overall ~40 square miles .... manhattan is ~22 Square Miles so they have almost twice the land
It’s very hard to comprehend. The most I notice it while there is going to AK, because it’s way out in a bottom corner. It does set the vibe up of that park very well though

Hasn't that already been floated a few times and dismissed?

It's never been a) floated or b) dismissed by Disney or anyone associated with the Disney company. It's routinely floated and dismissed by readers of the DIS and other fan sites so the veracity, or lack thereof, should be filtered through the appropriate context. In other words, we have no idea what Disney will or won't do in the future, but it's a fun thing to speculate about.

It's never been a) floated or b) dismissed by Disney or anyone associated with the Disney company. It's routinely floated and dismissed by readers of the DIS and other fan sites so the veracity, or lack thereof, should be filtered through the appropriate context. In other words, we have no idea what Disney will or won't do in the future, but it's a fun thing to speculate about.
Absolutely. It’s very unlikely but fun to talk about. Plus these are posted by different posters who are asking an honest question

I doubt there will ever be a 5th park at WDW. The current expansion is gearing up for the opening of Galaxy’s Edge and the 50th. There is a satuation point where just adding more stuff will not bring in more revenue. I think Disney would be more interested in expanding its non-American property first. It’s very expensive to build and maintain a new park. And why would they need to build a new one when they have huge parks like Epcot and DAK in which to expand?

I honestly thought there was, but I guess that's just memory. However, hypothetically-speaking, if there were to be a 5th park in WDW, I do wonder what the possible theme could be.

Don't need a 5th gate .. as many have said here .. just adding more net-new attractions to AK and Epcot now is needed.
While DHS always had a ton of shows, in just a few years DHS will be transformed into a large park (walking area-wise) with more ride attractions than AK and Epcot. (No matter the quality of the shows, people come for the rides).

DHS is going from 5 ride attractions .. to 9 in two years time. Add on top of that all the shows, M&Gs and the new Lightning McQueen attraction -- DHS could almost be a two-day park for first time guests to experience it all.

Until they get each park to the MK level where tiering isn't needed because of the quantity and quality of attractions there -- they don't need a 5th park.

Until they get each park to the MK level where tiering isn't needed because of the quantity and quality of attractions there -- they don't need a 5th park.
This part is spot on. Or frankly having enough viable attractions to pick 3, which I can’t do with Epcot on your average day

Emotionally, I like the idea of a 5th gate (or heck, even a 6th...)

That said, what seems to be missing is a combination of compelling business case (what's in it for Disney financially) and artistic vision (what's the focus of the new park). Absent a combined positive combination of both, I don't see it ever happening.

I just can't see a 5th gate. You are already talking about many families having to take a 7 day vacation to see all in the parks now. And we are adding SW:GE already, plus adds to Epcot and MK as well. A fifth gate will force folks to either go 2 weeks vacation to see and do all, or pick and choose which parks they will visit. Which only cuts from some parks.

I think at best, we are looking at :
Epcot - at least a few more adds - some attraction in WoL, 1-2 new pavillions in WS, perhaps another attraction in WS either with new Pavillion or added to current. I do think eventually they fix Imagination as well.
AK - my gut says there will have to be at least one more major add here - Pandora was a hit, but it still needs a bit more.
DHS - you added MMRR, TSL and SW:GE , update Muppets courtyard - now you need to vamp up Indy or replace Indy and add something major to Animation courtyard. Plus new IP for Star Tours.

Mk- added Tron, I think we see some addition to jungle cruise. I also think eventually you will see one more major add to MK.

All of this is just my gut feeling.

No 5th park until the 4 are all finished. I feel like you need 4 e tickets to be “finished”.

Shouldn’t Disney take the hint that some of their parks don’t have enough good stuff when they’re forced to tier your FP+ selections?

Magic Kingdom is fine. It doesn’t need the Tron coaster and I wish that was going to Epcot. MK is e ticket heaven, SM, SM, TM, 7DMT, PP are all e tickets. potc, hm, jungle cruise, princess meets, Buzz are all D tickets. MK doesn’t need help.

Maybe Hollywood Studios will be fine after Star Wars Land and the Mickey train. You’ll have the falcon, Mickey train, slinky, tot, and rnr. Maybe slinky and Mickey won’t be true e tickets 10 years from now when they’re no longer new. It’s close but you could argue it doesn’t need more. You could also argue it may need 1 more E ticket to really be a great park.

Animal Kingdom needs 1 more E ticket. Safari is great, Pandora is great, Everest and Kali are good. DINOSAUR was a miss for most people. With one more E ticket they could safely close Everest for 2 years to dismantle the track, fix the Yeti, and do whatever else is needed. Then you got 4 solid e tickets (safari, Pandora, Everest, new e ticket) and 2 marginal e tickets (Kali, DINOSAUR). Plus there’s enough other stuff (tough to be a bug, petting zoo, Dino land rides, walking trails) that the park would feel finished.

EPCOT is a disaster. Is Frozen considered an e ticket? I would put it as a D. Which leaves Soarin and Test Track as the only e tickets. The other rides are more like C or B quality. EPCOT needs like 3 more E tickets and at least 2 more D tickets before its close to competitive. Unless you like drinking around the world. Then EPCOT is your park!

Last edited:
No 5th park until the 4 are all finished. I feel like you need 4 e tickets to be “finished”.

Shouldn’t Disney take the hint that some of their parks don’t have enough good stuff when they’re forced to tier your FP+ selections?

Magic Kingdom is fine. It doesn’t need the Tron coaster and I wish that was going to Epcot. MK is e ticket heaven, SM, SM, TM, 7DMT, PP are all e tickets. potc, hm, princess meets, Buzz are all D tickets. MK doesn’t need help.

Maybe Hollywood Studios will be fine after Star Wars Land and the Mickey train. You’ll have the falcon, Mickey train, slinky, tot, and rnr. Maybe slinky and Mickey won’t be true e tickets 10 years from now when they’re no longer new. It’s close but you could argue it doesn’t need more. You could also argue it may need 1 more E ticket to really be a great park.

Animal Kingdom needs 1 more E ticket. Safari is great, Pandora is great, Everest and Kali are good. DINOSAUR was a miss for most people. With one more E ticket they could safely close Everest for 2 years to dismantle the track, fix the Yeti, and do whatever else is needed. Then you got 4 solid e tickets (safari, Pandora, Everest, new e ticket) and 2 marginal e tickets (Kali, DINOSAUR). Plus there’s enough other stuff to finish the park.

EPCOT is a disaster. Is Frozen considered an e ticket? I would put it as a D. Which leaves Soarin and Test Track as the only e tickets. The other rides are more like C or B quality. EPCOT needs like 3 more E tickets and at least 2 more D tickets before its close to competitive. Unless you like drinking around the world. Then EPCOT is your park!
You can’t base a park solely on “e tickets”. By that logic a park could have 4 attractions all e tickets and it would be done in your book.

You need more than that.

To make a 5th park work you would need a major theme to drive it. I know alot here and I am one of them love the idea of a "villans" world. That could be so much fun. But I really don't think it will happen any time even close to soon.

You can’t base a park solely on “e tickets”. By that logic a park could have 4 attractions all e tickets and it would be done in your book.

You need more than that.
Yeah you need “filler” rides so to speak.

There’s probably 4-5 e tickets in MK, and 4-5 D tickets, but then there’s so much other stuff to eat people and keep them occupied. I truthfully believe the only other park that comes close to fulfilling that level of things to do right now is AK, but that’s if you’re into walking trails and animal encounters. World showcase kinda has a similar effect as the trails do, but again only if you’re looking to soak up the atmosphere vs just doing rides

To make a 5th park work you would need a major theme to drive it. I know alot here and I am one of them love the idea of a "villans" world. That could be so much fun. But I really don't think it will happen any time even close to soon.
I think they could do a villians land expansion to MK or the studios and you’d be just as successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter