• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 - 6 - 7 - 8 night stay enough?

jcf

DIS Veteran
How many days have you found is enough to not feel rushed?

How many prefer to stay at 1 location for the entire trip?

I always stay 1 week...
I have done split stays...and stayed put....

I dont unpack everything so moving is not a problem...

I would love to do a 5/5 split...10nights:love:
IMO....you need at least 3 nights to get the feel of a place....

But as far as having enough nights....
You can stay 1 month and not get everything done...

Always a reason to go back:thumbsup2
Kerri

We always atay a week (arrive on Sunday and leave Saturday). :goodvibes That seems to work best for us. We have some "down days" if we need them. Going back in 11 days :banana: and can't wait!

How many days have you found is enough to not feel rushed?
We have stayed as few as 5 days and didn't feel rushed...we just cut back on what we wanted to do that trip. As long as you don't feel the need to "do everything" every trip you should be fine with almost any length trip.

We normally take 9-12 day trips, and those are better not because we feel less rushed but because we can do more (including off-site activities).

How many prefer to stay at 1 location for the entire trip?

You can count us in the group that hates to move. But each person has their own preferences and that's cool.

We also enjoy Sun-Sat. We have a lazy day on Weds which the kids love. Lazy Day = pretty much a day at the pool and a few hrs at DTD

We generally go down and stay 3-4 days. But I have family in Gainesville, so on the weekends we go up there. Leave the crowds for others.

We rarely feel rushed because we know we are coming back. Anything we can't do this trip around we can try and do next time.

I know I've posted this before, but we pick 2 "must do" things per day (one in the morning and one in the evening.) Like Chef Mickey's for breakfast, and Illuminations. Then we just sorta "fill-in" around the those things.

johno

When my wife and I go for Food & Wine Festival my waistline and liver can only handle four nights.

When the whole family goes in the summer we stay at least nine nights and sometimes either ten or eleven.

Our standard is 4 nights at Vero followed by 8 at VWL.
We deviate now and then to accommodate work schedules, and certain special events.

This October we have 5 nights at VWL, followed by 4 at VB, then back to VWL (will try for AKV) for another 5. :thumbsup2

MG

We usually go for 7 nights, though we have done 3-4 - since we're coming from the west coast we lose a lot of time (all of the first day) flying, it's really not worth it to stay less than 4 nights. Even with as many trips to WDW as we've had, we still always seem to get to the end of the trip with a list of things that we didn't do. :-) But since we know we'll be back soon it's not a big deal!

When we first became members, we always stayed a week at a time. That was how we looked at the point totals as well. Now, we prefer to stay 8-10 nights. We don't usually move, but we often will downsize from a 2 to a 1 bedroom during the longer stays. If we do a lock-off and have the ressies linked, we don't really have to move that way. Come November, we are going to have our longest stay yet. We will be in a 2 bedroom with guests the first 5 nights and in a 1 bedroom with just the 2 of us the next 6 nights. We have never done 11 nights before, and I'm a bit worried we are going to get spoiled by it and want to do that all the time!!

We usually ~9nights. That gives us 5 park days (1 at each with an extra at MK) and 3 resort days. We learned this trip that we prefer to stay at one place.

We prefer to spend two days each at Epcot and MK, one day each at MGM and AK. That adds up to 6 days in the parks. That doesn't leave me any time for golf or DW any time for a spa, so we need 1 day for that. We like to go to a water park 1/2 day, and we spend at least 1/2 day at DTD. Preferably we like to spend at least 1 day off-site at another park or shopping or whatever. That makes my ideal vacation 9 days/10 nights.

We are also coming from the West Coast and like to do at least 9 nights. Usually we don't move. This year, we are making our biggest move mid-trip ever: we are starting with 2 nights at DL and continuing with 10 nights at BWV. I can't wait!

-- Suzanne

We stay 8-10 nights.But a 12 night stay is our goal.:cool1: :cool1:

When my wife and I go for Food & Wine Festival my waistline and liver can only handle four nights.

:laughing: Good one!

Before we were DVC members we would stay 6 nights but we were usually exhausted by the end of the trip. I guess we like to do too many things. But now that we are members we are staying 9 nights and we will definitely have more down time.

We are also splitting our stay. Not sure how we will like doing this because we have never done it before. Sounds like fun now but you never know.

We normally stay 6 nights which is definately not long enough for me. A couple of years ago we did a 9 night trip and it was wonderful but we moved twice during that trip so it was a little hectic. This June we are doing 9 nights at BCV :cloud9: :cloud9:- I can hardly wait :cutie:! I would love to do a 12 - 14 night stay one day but we would definately need more points to do that!

We did a 12 night back in September and it was awesome. It definitely spoils you though. There was plenty of time to do everything we wanted, golf, parks, spa, DTD and waterparks. We didn't go off property though, which was fine for us. 12 nights was just about right. Of course we'd all like to make it a 12 MONTH stay (just to make sure we don't miss anything:woohoo: )!

Hidden Mickey's are everywhere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter