5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coachpug said:
Now you are really limiting yourself...not many States with No Income Tax near an ocean with out snow....

hmm - There's always Houston - if you get over on the other side of Houston - about 1 1/2 hr from the coast - pretty well protected from the hurricanes- meets all of those requirements including major universities - Baylor, Rice, A&M, UT all within driving distance....You only have to watch for hurricanes coming up into the gulf not from both sides like Florida. Further inland there's the hill country with Austin and San Antonio - there about 3-4 hours from Houston/Galveston and the coast...or S.A. always has the option of Corpus about a bit less...

Dancind said:
I am "officially" retired, but I'm still working. And Kevin will be working for a long time to come as well. That's one problem with starting a family when you are OLD.
Or having a baby when your kids are almost out of the house. I feel your pain :crazy: . DS is only in 5th grade, but talking about going to college in Florida. We're not discouraging him.

A UTOP with Diana!

TiggerInNY said:
Hi cruisers..

For all you that have the YES (Yankee Entertainment Station) channel, we'll be at the game tonight, weather permitting. They're playing the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Hey, that would include a lot of you Florida residents. We'll be on the upper deck, 1st base side. Keep your eyes out for us...:3dglasses . Let's go Yanks!!!

o.k. I've been south of the mason-dixon line a bit too long - my first thought was Yankee - as in the north - not baseball...And was trying to figure out what the station would air as the "Yankee" Entertainment... :lmao:

mickeymo said:
o.k. I've been south of the mason-dixon line a bit too long - my first thought was Yankee - as in the north - not baseball...And was trying to figure out what the station would air as the "Yankee" Entertainment... :lmao:

It's the "Anti-Dukes of Hazzard" channel :lmao:

I'm about ready to head home for the day. The girls have dance this afternoon so I'm hoping I can see Emily for a few minutes. Ashley's group is already done.

Later!
Ang

mickeymo said:

Now now, we're not gonna go there are we? No North vs. South stuff. Sorry, I didn't specify myself well enough. I was speaking about baseball Yankees. Baseball people...baseball!!!!

WDWLVR said:
Thanks - we do try and keep it up to date so that no important dates get missed.

Having said that and backing up what Mark said earlier I'm getting on my soap box for a moment:

We set the cut-off dates we do because of the work it takes to get the buttons and navigators ready and also to get them shipped out. We do this as our gift to everyone and to make the DIS group an easy to recognize and fun group.

Every cruise we have done this one someone has come to me after the cut-off and asks for a button. In one case the person had posted right after two of my reminder posts so I know they were on the boards. When I said production was done they threw a fit in pm.

So I'm giving everyone a warning now. If you haven't given us your infomation we need it no later than May 7th.

If we don't have a room number for you we will not make you buttons or add you to the list (sorry but we've been burned by making buttons and then no one picking them up...at least with a room number we can drop them off.)

If you e-mail me but I don't recognize you from the thread you won't be put on the list either. This is supposed to be about DIS friends - not some stranger none of us have ever "met". I know we have some very new people - in fact I had invited DVCDebb over from Cruise Critic. Yet they have all posted on the thread and introduced themselves and that is all we ask.

So that is it. If any of this makes people upset I'm sorry. Sad to say at least once each cruise someone is upset by it. Bottom line you have a little less than 2 weeks to get your info in to me. If you have been lurking up to this point now will be a good time to introduce yourself to the group and get to know each other.

Stepping off my soapbox now. :thanks:

DVCDebb Thanks you so much. I would have never known about this board and all the people I have been talking to if you had not told me. Hopefully I have contributed some info that was helpful to a few people. I have certainly learned a lot. What a great bunch can't wait to meet everyone. :banana: :wave:

DBCS said:
ARMY BABY!!!!! Most slots for pilots.... most helicopters!! And a beautiful fun filled year at Ft. Rucker, AL. :cool1: :rotfl2:

DH also just told me Coast Guard is actually a better assignment with more modern equipment and they have alot of choppers but not as many as the army. Not as many kinds of aircraft -- no gun ships-- but also no getting sent to the desert. :goodvibes

Oh I see some long discussions on this cruise for the guys. Fred is a retired Navy Pilot. So we can hear all the opinions or just let the guys talk and we shall all run away without them. :moped:

Dancind said:
1. Not too far from an ocean.
2. Nearby University.
3. Low altitude.
4. Affordable housing, comparable to NM.
5. No state income tax.
6. Preferably not near a coast where there are hurricanes!
7. No snow.

This is the girl who used to go home early from work when it "started" to snow!! That should have been higher on the list.

Running away for now to feed the family. I can hardly wait till don't have to cook for a week :stir: Not sure what I will feed them yet. Try to catch up later

Thanks again for telling me about this board. Some great people here to talk to and can't wait to meet them. DD has found a buddy to run the decks with hopefully. :Pinkbounc

WVMD said:
They have a new banana dessert - that is supposed to be flambeed at the table - mine just came warmed up - .... It was good though!

A T.O.P. with DCL, Stacey, and dessert!!

Virgil
pirate:

We ate at the Prime Steakhouse at the Bellagio...right on the water with the fountains. Anyway, they have another dessert that was wonderful....a warm banana cake with a burnt sugar topping (like creme brulee) set on a warm vanilla sauce. Lucky for me, it's a very small dessert. But I learned a lesson.....do NOT save your tightest slacks for the last day of the trip! :guilty:

A T.O.P. with Virgil and dessert!! I'm sensing a pattern.....:goodvibes

pixiedust: pdfg

I am confused why do I still have the edit and scissors in my post. What have I done wrong this time. Please help this newbie to the boards. Terrible to be old and forgetful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter