• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

411 on special viewing options for fireworks/shows???

I can’t imagine them skipping the opportunity and it would be even more popular than before. I just won’t watch fireworks without it. That mass of crowd freaked me out before covid and now...ick!!
Yes I agree! The thought gives me anxiety like I wouldn’t have had pre-Covid 😅

As a side note, if the projections aren't as important to you or if you'd like an immersive view, the area behind the castle, in front of Be Our Guest and between the entrance to Belle and the end of the 7D coaster is FANTASTIC! It's usually almost empty and you have fireworks in front and behind you.

With the way Disney is progressing and moving along to normalcy I can see buffets returning soon, including the buffet for HEA dessert parties. There's too much money being left on the table for them not to get this going too. There are buffets in my area that are open. Disney could have attendants serving from the buffet to make it appear a bit better.

I'm a huge fan of the garden party at MK. It was amazing and worth the money. So I hope it returns!
If they have attendants serving at buffets they'll have to up the price substantially. That might result in fewer people booking them. That would make for some substantial number-crunching for Disney to determine level of profitability.

Nothing is being offered yet. Pre-shutdown, there were two options. One was the standard dessert party, which was desserts at tomorrowland terrace plus reserved viewing areas either at the terrace or on the hub lawn. The other option was a Cinderella's Royal table dining package, which included dinner at the restaurant, reserved viewing on the lawn, and an after-show dessert party (different than the other one).

I could picture Disney eliminating the buffet and possibly giving guests a pre-packaged dessert box or something like that. Having said that, there is nothing stopping Disney from reopening buffets at this point (from a covid restriction standpoint). Buffets have started happening again elsewhere.
This is what DD and I had due to our food allergy - it was amazing! So I would be fine with this, but IDK what DH and DS would think about not being able to choose their desserts.

As far as view, we have done the terrace before and it is off-center. This area had limited people per square foot such that everyone in attendance got a spot on the railing for an unobstructed view. Each party had their own table on the terrace but when the show started we all went to the railing. It was off-center but the front row view was worth it. We would do the garden view now that DS and DD are taller than I and we aren't as worried about people blocking their view - the "straight" view of the projections is preferable to "unobstructed" view for what we hope is the next time. YMMV
Bring on the dessert parties! (...and if anyone with authority at HS is listening, some of us want a SWAGS option even during "Christmas" and would pay more for SWAGS than JBJB - JMHO)

Nothing is being offered yet. Pre-shutdown, there were two options. One was the standard dessert party, which was desserts at tomorrowland terrace plus reserved viewing areas either at the terrace or on the hub lawn. The other option was a Cinderella's Royal table dining package, which included dinner at the restaurant, reserved viewing on the lawn, and an after-show dessert party (different than the other one).

Third option is do a Private VIP Tour and end the day at HEA. If the dessert party and other dining packages aren't back. Tours are running and I'm sure this would most likely be an option. The location they used in 2019 was very good almost front and center. Very expensive option, but you get expedited access to all rides other then RotR :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter