36 Hours of Disney

That will be fun! Definitely check for After Hours events - that could really help you maximize your time. I got a lot done at Animal Kingdom's event last week.

Another idea would be to make this a theme trip - ride all of the coasters, or see if you can do all 4 parks in a day, or map out just your favorites and hit all of those. The key is going in with a plan!

This sounds so fun!

I'm usually a "pace yourself" Disney tourist, but for this I'd just go-go-go for two days and then drop on the plane. If it's warm, I could probably manage for one night with just a backpack, so I'd probably Uber straight to the parks from the airport and stash it in a locker, then check in at night. EMH or events could alter this, but my first instinct would be:

Day 1 - begin at DHS...end at MK (gotta do fireworks)
Day 2 - begin at AK (to rope-drop FOP)...end at Epcot (best options for end-of-trip dinner)

Where to make FPs would depend on the rides that are most important to you.

I would do the morning EMH in whichever parks it's available then hop late morning. DD and I did nearly 36 park hours in two days back when they had the EMH until 3:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. to start. We slept when we got home. A great memory! You will have a blast, but you will be tired when you get home :)

And I would highly recommend the DAH event if available. We did one at MK and it was fantastic.

So, my only suggestion would be to prebook your FP each day and then just go with what you feel like doing. For such a short trip, I think trying to pack too much in will make it feel more hectic than fun. Even with FP+, I have found some of my best days where I might book my FP+s ahead of time, but that is all the plans I make and I just go with the flow and make FP+ as I go after or move parks when I just feel like I need or want to.

I'm doing this today, but not going to any parks. Flying down today at 5:30 and I'm leaving early afternoon Sunday, so only have basically Saturday to bop around. I'm thinking some boat rides I've never taken and some resort hopping.
Lots of cocktails and snacks during the day.

I did this last fall! I checked my bag, so that I could hop on the first park bus after magical express. I spent my whole first day at MK with the Halloween party that night, but I easily could have done a different park that morning. I went to DHS and Epcot the second day and had time to hit a lot of my favorites before heading out to the airport. I had a lot of fun and would definitely do it again!

We are back! We have been to Disney over 20 times, but this was one of the best trips! 48 hours or the highlight tour as we called it. Just myself and my 23 year old daughter. We got up at 2am, got to the airport in Philly and took off at 6am. We arrived in Orlando at 8:30am, took Magical express to the All Star Music. Got lucky room was ready dropped off carry on bags and headed to Epcot. Arrived at Epcot at 10:30am. Decided to start with the countries, quick stop in France for Breakfast and worked our way around. Walked on the Frozen ride! Lunch in Germany, sat with a really nice of ladies. Hopped on Soarin with a 30 minute wait. Daughter did single ride line on test track. A little shopping and headed back to the hotel at 4pm. Freshened up and head to MK at 5pm. Felt like we hit the jack pot! Had 3 FP, headed to HM walked right on did not need the FP. Looked at each other and decided to ride again! Next FP mine train, used this one, then headed to Space Mt, again walked on. Walked on the following with little or no wait....Buzz, people mover, Little Mermaid, Jungle cruise, PC, small world, watched the fireworks, quick dinner at Gastons place and called it a night around 12:30am, (open until 2am) back to the hotel for 6 hours sleep. Got up, headed to HW - again got really lucky walked on 2 of 3 rides in toy story land (slinky dog over hour wait, we made a rule 30 mint or less wait), walked on star tours, fast pass so did it twice, pictures in launch bay, rock n roll, TOT and nice lunch at Base Line Tap House. Headed to AK at 2pm - Lion king show, Dinosaur, Safari and Everest. Sat and had a drink and snack before boarding the tragic express. Got back to Philly at 1:30am. Tired yes, would I do it all again....Absolutely!!!

My rental car cost $45 on the 2 days/1 night that I went. I thought it was worth it to have control. Had an annual pass, so I did move around.

I’d do magic kingdom the first day, spend all day there, go on as many attractions as possible, watch the parade and stay for the fireworks. Then second day I’d go to HS in the morning for rope drop, if you plan your FP right you can do all the attractions pretty much in a few hours. Then I’d go to Epcot for the afternoon, eat some nice food in world showcase, have more of a relaxing afternoon. You’ll be super tired, but you might as well fit in as much as you possibly can within those 2 days.

I’d do magic kingdom the first day, spend all day there, go on as many attractions as possible, watch the parade and stay for the fireworks. Then second day I’d go to HS in the morning for rope drop, if you plan your FP right you can do all the attractions pretty much in a few hours. Then I’d go to Epcot for the afternoon, eat some nice food in world showcase, have more of a relaxing afternoon. You’ll be super tired, but you might as well fit in as much as you possibly can within those 2 days.

They’ve already returned from their trip...

So glad you posted back to tell the tale!! It sounds like great fun and fabulous memory! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter