34-Year-Old Man Who Died After Getting Coronavirus Had Visited Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes many people who went to Disney will test positive. Really wish he had not gotten on a plane while coughing up blood.

This man had health issues and a compromised immune system. Horrible tragedy.

yeah. Probably infected a few CMs while out there as well as many visitors.

Unfortunately just shows they need to stay closed for longer Then April 1.

I am of the belief that basically almost all the cm that worked from January to March have been exposed or infected with the virus, the body reacts to it and defends itself against it which is why we haven't seen a lot of cm reporting symptoms strong enough that need to go to the hospital. One of the main reasons is underlying conditions from those who have died, I'm sure numbers of infected here will continue to grow as testing becomes available

I am of the belief that basically almost all the cm that worked from January to March have been exposed or infected with the virus, the body reacts to it and defends itself against it which is why we haven't seen a lot of cm reporting symptoms strong enough that need to go to the hospital. One of the main reasons is underlying conditions from those who have died, I'm sure numbers of infected here will continue to grow as testing becomes available

The Chinese have done an early study and found that people with type A blood are more susceptible to the virus and type O is more resistant. However, the sample size is still too small to rule out it being a coincidence.

I'm not sure about that. Even though most of the deaths are in 60+ here in the US at least we are still seeing a lot of younger people still needing to go to the hospital. If all or most CMs were already exposed I think we'd have heard of some of them needing to be hospitalized... and "Disney CM at hospital for corona" would be a big headline.

I understand Disney wants to open their parks as quickly as possible for their financial benefit, but those of us with APs can't go without risking our lives and as it stands, our passes might only be extended for the length the park is closed and not until after a vaccine makes it safe for us to return. Their financial greed is forcing us to throw away up to around a thousand dollars...several thousands of dollars for some families at a time when many are loosing their jobs.

APs need to be given a choice to suspend our pass until after we have access to a vaccine or to reactivate the pass once the parks open for those who are willing to take the risk or have already beaten the virus.

I'm not sure about that. Even though most of the deaths are in 60+ here in the US at least we are still seeing a lot of younger people still needing to go to the hospital. If all or most CMs were already exposed I think we'd have heard of some of them needing to be hospitalized... and "Disney CM at hospital for corona" would be a big headline.
My point is that most people's body actually can fight this, the one's that need to be hospitalized usually have underlying conditions. Here in Florida most cases have come from someone who has traveled, international travel season was huge this year during December and January.

My point is that most people's body actually can fight this, the one's that need to be hospitalized usually have underlying conditions. Here in Florida most cases have come from someone who has traveled, international travel season was huge this year during December and January.

the average is 10-20% that need hospitalization With the sheer number of cms I can’t see most being exposed and none falling into that 10-20%

We are also experiencing record (or near) high temperatures in Florida. That is another data point for Dr. Birx to work with the modelers.

With the current backlog of tests, she explained that the curve is expected to show a significant increase over the next several days as the testing throughput has increased.

The Chinese have done an early study and found that people with type A blood are more susceptible to the virus and type O is more resistant. However, the sample size is still too small to rule out it being a coincidence.

I wonder about that. Some things I have read in the past indicated that Spain has a large percentage of type O blood. I only pay attention to this because my husband does autoracing (his type is listed on his helmet) and donates blood frequently. Anyway, but Spain is getting hit really hard. All of this is completely anecdotal though.

We were in the parks that week too. I came home with a nasty cough that has lasted 2 weeks now.

Do I have COVID? Probably not, I’ve never had a fever. And no one else in my family has gotten sick at all. And the usual generic cold germs have not ceased to exist with the advent of this illness.

But the idea is there in the back of your head.

Keep in mind, the average patient only spread to between 2 and 3 people. While I doubt this was the only person walking around wdw with COVID, it’s not like one person is statistically likely to spread it to hundreds.

I understand Disney wants to open their parks as quickly as possible for their financial benefit, but those of us with APs can't go without risking our lives and as it stands, our passes might only be extended for the length the park is closed and not until after a vaccine makes it safe for us to return. Their financial greed is forcing us to throw away up to around a thousand dollars...several thousands of dollars for some families at a time when many are loosing their jobs.

APs need to be given a choice to suspend our pass until after we have access to a vaccine or to reactivate the pass once the parks open for those who are willing to take the risk or have already beaten the virus.

I'm curious what's going to happen to international APs depending when the parks open. I'm sure there's much less of us, but I wonder if they're going to be a little more lenient with us or allow us to freeze our passes in some way if we can't even enter the country when the parks open up.

I was in Disney around March 5/6 and crammed into many lines so while I hope not I’m not gonna ignoren that I was sick for a bit when I came back but am fine now.

Last edited:
Technically that doesn’t matter...reports show the virus can live on plastic and metal surfaces for 3-4 days, so technically if you rode the same ride 3-4 days after him you could have been exposed.

could but doesnt mean likely to. One in 17,000 people got it in China. 1 in 1,700 in Italy. Using Italy’s numbers and looking at Magic Kingdom as a 50,000 person city, that puts 30 people who would catch it and 1.5 deaths. Of course the number actually infected that showed no symptoms and could spread it would actually be higher. But the deaths would not be. Now given the type of place Disney is, their numbers could be worse than Italy even though the US numbers are not as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!