$320 a POINT for VGC ?

is that a typo? $200pp?! And it's my UY. I don't think I need more VGC points but this is tempting!
I hope it's not some kind of broker trickery! 🤪 You should totally buy it, so I can live vicariously through all of your VGC points. hahaha 😁

I hope it's not some kind of broker trickery! 🤪 You should totally buy it, so I can live vicariously through all of your VGC points. hahaha 😁
It has to be! I think it's best to spread the VGC love. Besides, my wife would kill me for sure. You should totally buy it!! At the new direct price point at $310, I wonder if this will be the first VGC contract that Disney decides to take back on ROFR in awhile. I still can't believe the price after what we've all seen the past couple of months. Are the other brokers just plain greedy? Or is this seller misinformed? I'm still dumbfounded.

I balked at a $230/pt, 100 pt add on earlier this year. I should have done it!! But, I bought mine direct right when VGC opened, so $230 sounded crazy...at the time. :/

Looks like it hasn’t been sold yet. I wonder if it was the seller or DVCRM who came up with that price point.

Looks like it hasn’t been sold yet. I wonder if it was the seller or DVCRM who came up with that price point.
well, it's a loaded contract and the seller probably isn't in a hurry. I probably would hold out too if I were the seller. I'm sure the seller set the price and the broker gave them the green light. It just means more money to the broker in commission.

I thought I overpaid a little for a stripped contract in January 2020 but it was just what I wanted! $180 a point/150 points. 1 point in 2020, which turned out great since they were closed most of the year. So glad I jumped on it!

Hi there! It's Derek with the DVC Resale Market and just wanted to respond to the question about WHO chose the price - in every case we will always suggest a listing price based on resort/points/points avail/etc - in this case the seller requested to be listed above the current suggested market price given to them. I hope that helps but let us know if you have any other questions!

Hi there! It's Derek with the DVC Resale Market and just wanted to respond to the question about WHO chose the price - in every case we will always suggest a listing price based on resort/points/points avail/etc - in this case the seller requested to be listed above the current suggested market price given to them. I hope that helps but let us know if you have any other questions!

I wasn’t expecting any sort of official answer to that question… but thank you for the response nonetheless.

I thought I overpaid a little for a stripped contract in January 2020 but it was just what I wanted! $180 a point/150 points. 1 point in 2020, which turned out great since they were closed most of the year. So glad I jumped on it!

I paid $150/pt for a 100pt VGC contract a few years ago, that was a stretch for me at the time... but now I regret not buying more!

The rooms frequently go for $700+ a night + tax on the GCH side, so the retail value of a point is > $30/pt. If you set a "break-even" period of 10 years, that means the points are equivalently worth $300/pt (not counting maintenance fees or the increasing price of the hotel rooms).

So $320/pt makes sense in relation to the GCH room cost. Someone will pay, but I'm kind of hanging back (happy with my 100... if I want to stay more, I'll just pay cash at GCH) waiting for the DLH tower to open.

I'm pretty much also never selling my 100pt contract...I will be 72 when it expires, and I intend to use it every year so long as I'm physically able!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!