3 year old - Small World Nursery or Oceaneer's Club?

I have a 3 year old as well. He will be 3 1/2 on our cruise. He won't have any older siblings in the Club so I am concerned about him being alone just left to wander around by himself. Can I try the Club and then if it doesn't work out switch him to the Nursery or do they make you stay where he is originally signed up?

momof3poohlovers said:
I have a 3 year old as well. He will be 3 1/2 on our cruise. He won't have any older siblings in the Club so I am concerned about him being alone just left to wander around by himself. Can I try the Club and then if it doesn't work out switch him to the Nursery or do they make you stay where he is originally signed up?

That is what I wanted to do but they said once you signed up for one that was it. We cruised in July and got mixed messages from nursery and club CM's.....new staff, new ship, new procedures/some confusion I guess. Anyway it worked out for us. Could the nursery have been boring if we left him there for full days? Maybe.....but we really only did a few hours at a time and after checking them out on the first day and speaking with CM's, I knew the nursery was the right call for my kid. The point of the nursery was for my husband and I to have some carefree-ish alone time so I needed to feel confident that the kids were going to be fine and didn't mind paying for the service. We got to do Palo Brunch one day, enjoyed Satellite Falls a few times and had a dinner with just the adults in our party one night . Plus I kind of wanted middle of the day quiet time for the kids and the nursery has a quiet room. Good luck! Have an amazing trip! We can't wait to go again!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You really won't have an answer to that question until you are onboard. Since he is already 3 yrs old, they'll expect him at the Club and you won't be able to pre-sign-up for any nursery time. That's assuming he is fully potty-trained. Once onboard, you can ask at the nursery if they will accept him - it may depend on how many little ones are on your specific cruise. Since the nursery has a lower child:caregiver ratio, they can accept fewer kids and that comes into consideration with cruise capacity.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter