3 night sailing: Will I hate it that it's so short?

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
So I'm considering doing a "quickie" cruise with DS in Dec 2013.

Is a 3 night cruise worth it? If we don't do this one, then because of schedules, it will most likely be 2015 before we cruise again (even though we could go longer on that one....) but I don't know if we can wait that long!

Opinions?

Is a 3 night cruise worth it? If we don't do this one, then because of schedules, it will most likely be 2015 before we cruise again (even though we could go longer on that one....) but I don't know if we can wait that long!

Opinions?

IMHO that is way to short...we did a 5 day and said never again 7 days is just right for us.:cool1::cool1:

Hate to be negative, but we did one 3 day cruise & swore we wouldn't do another. Just way to rushed, we were literally unpacking when it was time to repack & leave the ship. It just wasn't an enjoyable part our vacation. Just our 2 cents worth. Thankfully we still had 6 days at WDW, before we headed home. :cool1:

IMHO that is way to short...we did a 5 day and said never again 7 days is just right for us.:cool1::cool1:

I agree. We did the 5 day cruise on the Dream in June and thought it was too short, even though we spent 8 nights at Disney afterward. We'll try seven nights next time, but I have a feeling I'll still feel the same way...

I agree. We did the 5 day cruise on the Dream in June and thought it was too short, even though we spent 8 nights at Disney afterward. We'll try seven nights next time, but I have a feeling I'll still feel the same way...

My favorite Disney cruises have been 15 days. :thumbsup2 I doubt we'll sail on the Dream til the itineraries change. And no, we're not interested in a back-to-back on the Dream just to get a week-long cruise out of it.

Like others have said, if it was all I could fit in, I would do it. It is rushed though. We're on a 5 day next week because of our schedules. My wife prefers the shorter and I prefer the longer so we usually compromise on the 7 day. I want to do transatlantic but I have not yet been able to convince her. I would go and just be prepared to rush.

It's too short. 7 night is perfect for my family. But if 3 days or nothing, we will take it.

If a 3 day cruise is all i could fit in my schedule then its better than nothing, however a longer cruise will be best

We did a 4 night in April and found it was long enough to satisfy the cruise desire until our next "long" vacation. I'm not sure I would feel the same way about a 3 day because there is no sea day and IMHO, I feel cheated on a cruise if there isn't a sea day.

All 3 of my Disney cruises have been 4 nighters to the Bahamas, and the first one was with my elderly mother. She and I weren't great cruise roommates, and by the time the cruise ended - I couldn't wait to get off the ship! Thank goodness I planned to spend 4 days at WDW afterwards...solo! ;)

Honestly, I can't see myself doing a 3 night again. I did one as a 4/3 B2B and one as a combination with a 5 night WDW trip. A 3 night cruise is really 2 1/2 days long. The cost of getting to and from Florida is the same whether you cruise for 3 or 14 nights unless you live close enough to drive. DCL tries to cram all the most popular activities into those 2 1/2 days and the guests seem to be frantic because they might "miss" something. Seriously, the guests can be a bit nuts! If at all possible, turn that 3 night into a 4 night; otherwise just wait.

Opinions?

In the 17 DCL cruises that I've done, they were the following lengths:

3-Nighter: Once
4-Nighter: Five Times
5-Nighter: Once
7-Nighter: Six Times
8-Nighter: Once
11-Nighter: Two Times
15-Nighter: Once

& We have the following upcoming cruises booked:

7-Nighter: Three Booked
12-Nighter: One Booked

So you can see, we like the longer cruises. The only reason we did the 3-Nighter that we did was b/c we got a fantastic last minute deal for myself & DH. Yes, it was short, but wasn't too bad. We know what we had going in, but we did definitely miss the day @ sea that you have on a 4-nighter vs. a 3-nighter. The one good thing...not having to pack too much/over pack. :lmao:

My suggestion is this: If you can still switch it to at least a 4-Nighter, I would b/c that day at sea really gives you the chance to explore the ship. Whereas on a 3-Nighter, being in ports, you just loose that ability do explore imho.

HTHs! :thumbsup2 & No matter what, even 3-nights on a ship is better than no nights on a ship. ;)

We went on the Disney Fantasy for 3 nights and it was great ~ there is one danger though, it leaves you wanting MORE!!! We cruised in March and are now cruising again in Septmeber.

I did feel that I did not get to accomplish near what we had hoped for ~ there is just so much to do!! However, it was an amazing experience and I encourage you to go :goodvibes

tbh (to be honest, what the kids on FB say) I could never do a 3 day cruise. It would be too much of a tease for me. I wouldn't even feel like I was settled in the stateroom, when it would be time to get off.

In the 17 DCL cruises that I've done, they were the following lengths:

3-Nighter: Once
4-Nighter: Five Times
5-Nighter: Once
7-Nighter: Six Times
8-Nighter: Once
11-Nighter: Two Times
15-Nighter: Once

& We have the following upcoming cruises booked:

7-Nighter: Three Booked
12-Nighter: One Booked

So you can see, we like the longer cruises. The only reason we did the 3-Nighter that we did was b/c we got a fantastic last minute deal for myself & DH. Yes, it was short, but wasn't too bad. We know what we had going in, but we did definitely miss the day @ sea that you have on a 4-nighter vs. a 3-nighter. The one good thing...not having to pack too much/over pack. :lmao:

My suggestion is this: If you can still switch it to at least a 4-Nighter, I would b/c that day at sea really gives you the chance to explore the ship. Whereas on a 3-Nighter, being in ports, you just loose that ability do explore imho.

HTHs! :thumbsup2 & No matter what, even 3-nights on a ship is better than no nights on a ship. ;)

Hey collectoraholic I have one you don't :)

3 nighter - one
4 nighter - two
5 nighter - one
10 nighter - one (was supposed to be 7 but it was a hurricane lengthened cruise)

While we love the longer cruises too we tend to sail more if we do shorter ones.

So to the OP I am with the sentiment that if you can go with longer that includes at least one sea day do it - I felt that on the three night we couldn't even scratch the surface of what dcl had to offer.

We decided to do a quick getaway in September and the 3 day fit better in our schedule than a 4 night did. I would have loved to do a 4 night, but to me, the 3 night was better than no nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter