24-Hour Day 2015 Tips

Got the phone message, but had already taken care it was welcome though! now just have to finish packing!

Anyone know if we should get our Olaf 24 hour shirts we ordered thru the Disney store delivered before we leave for our trips so we can wear them on the 24 hour day?

I just got the phone call....really nice CM! I told her that yes, it had been cancelled but that I had been able to get it back the next day. She told me that was terrific, but that we were still getting a 4th FP. That it shows at the top of the page for that day. I told her that I had seen it but that it was an experience for one and that there are three of us. She went in and changed it to three!!! And then told me to be sure to replace that existing FP for Wishes with something else.
I'm going to but I'm going to be really peeved if I show up for my Wishes FP and we're told that they aren't good!!!

A little nervous, we are going to try to do every attraction and character meet. We will see how that goes, lol. I am not too into characters but I have two younger cousins that I am going to make a video collage of all the characters saying something cute to them. Two questions:

Anyone think the lockers will sell out before RD?

What time does the first monorail run, going to try to be the first ones through the gates. Maybe the family of the day? #highhopes :scared::rotfl2:

Okay, so I've been debating going back to the room mid afternoon for a few hours for a rest, but not sure we wanna do that. So, I started wondering if there's anywhere in MK that you could kind of take a rest and just relax, maybe even doze off a little. :cool2: I know we could snooze in COP or HOP maybe, but then again I might wanna watch those, lol. Do they kick you out after one go round? Maybe riding the train awhile? I'm wondering if there's anywhere that you can just get away from the crowds and rest? I was thinking maybe even that little area on the right side of main street(facing castle) where it's like a little cute alley where there's not usually too much going on. Anyone have any idea or thoughts on this idea? Maybe it's a dumb idea, but maybe we could avoid heading back for a long trek back and forth and missing too much. Anyway, just tossin' it around. :goodvibes

Last year, there were people sprawled out all over the place. My plan is to take an hour or so at the resort to change, cool off and take a break, maybe longer. Last year the break is what made staying until 6am possible.

I guess what I am saying is, take a break during the worst of the heat and enjoy the night.

A little nervous, we are going to try to do every attraction and character meet. We will see how that goes, lol. I am not too into characters but I have two younger cousins that I am going to make a video collage of all the characters saying something cute to them. Two questions:

Anyone think the lockers will sell out before RD?

What time does the first monorail run, going to try to be the first ones through the gates. Maybe the family of the day? #highhopes :scared::rotfl2:
I don't know how they could. The lockers are inside the park

Okay, so I've been debating going back to the room mid afternoon for a few hours for a rest, but not sure we wanna do that. So, I started wondering if there's anywhere in MK that you could kind of take a rest and just relax, maybe even doze off a little. :cool2: I know we could snooze in COP or HOP maybe, but then again I might wanna watch those, lol. Do they kick you out after one go round? Maybe riding the train awhile? I'm wondering if there's anywhere that you can just get away from the crowds and rest? I was thinking maybe even that little area on the right side of main street(facing castle) where it's like a little cute alley where there's not usually too much going on. Anyone have any idea or thoughts on this idea? Maybe it's a dumb idea, but maybe we could avoid heading back for a long trek back and forth and missing too much. Anyway, just tossin' it around. :goodvibes
I would just return to the room but if you must stay there is an area back in Pete's Silly Sideshow that may be good. They had Jack Skellington back there during the parties. I don't think it's used for anything else. It's bound to be hot but it is out of the way and in the shade.

You could ride the train around and around

I'm in the same boat. My husband is insisting that we stay the entire 24 hours. He wants to just be able to say he did it. LOL. So I'm wondering where I can grab a nap at the park.

Anyone know if we should get our Olaf 24 hour shirts we ordered thru the Disney store delivered before we leave for our trips so we can wear them on the 24 hour day?
No idea. I ordered one and worried when I did that it wouldn't make it in time. It said at the time it would be 3-5 weeks before delivery and it was less than 5 weeks before 5/22. I hope it makes it but I won't be 100% surprised if it doesn't.

Last edited:
I just checked my order and it still says Active as the status. It would be cool to receive it before 5/22.

Mine also says "active", I guess they are being handled by a third party according to the email I received this morning. I ordered the green disneyland shirts just incase they dont show in time, when I buy the olaf ones on the 22nd I have not wasted money buying the same shirts twice.

As for the lockers, last year it was something like a 30 minute wait to rent a locker in the morning. Funny thing is we really didn't need it and I left my keys in the locker when we went back to the resort and all my clothes were locked in my car. :( Oh well, the 24 hour party is a blast and my niece and I will be there every year they have one.

Did it last year - and now a new family favorite. Discussing hitting DL for their event next year. Meeting the Frozen ladies at 4:30am was rather epic

we got there early (not as early as we wanted). Left after lunch and went back to POR. Big break during the heat of the day was a key. Its a marathon not a sprint.

Starbucks at 2am - mobbed but very well staffed.

Love the idea of leaving the car because when we came back around 8:30pm for Wishes it was mobbed and I ended up parking at WL.

Certain rides closed "early" before 6am.

Remember your CMs - Last year for example the transport guys on the boats were on something like a 45+ hour work schedule between Friday am and Saturday at MK. pretty incredible.

Attachments

• 2014-05-24 05.07.23.jpg
    2014-05-24 05.07.23.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 10
Got my call and my fast passes all fixed. For some reason on my end it only showed me for Wishes, but when I called they said it was all of us and then put me on hold to fix it so I could see all of ours. So excited to have wishes back.

That's an interesting idea about driving to tic, then doing a bus for the afternoon nap but having our car for night time. We plan to go until our kids drop lol, but we are also doing our split stay starting that day. Does anyone know what time transportation from TTC will start in the morning on Friday?

Just saw this on TouringPlans.com. Not a whole lot of info, but it is starting to trickle in.

Anna, Elsa, Olaf, and Kristoff will be on hand to welcome Guests to the park at 6:00 a.m. following a spectacular opening show ceremony.
The Festival of Fantasy Parade will take place twice – once at noon and once at 3:00 p.m.
The Main Street Electrical Parade will also take place twice – at 11:00 p.m. and at 1:00 a.m.
The Move It! Shake It! Dance and Play It! Street Party will take place at 9:30 a.m. and at 5:40 p.m.
A DJ will spin tunes in the Club Chill party zone in Tomorrowland from 4:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. In addition, Guests should be on the lookout for some of your favorite Disney Channel and Disney XD stars, because they might just drop by!
Late night dance parties hosted by characters in PJs in Frontierland and the Castle Hub
Chalk Artists
Tasty Frozen-inspired treat

I'm in the same boat. My husband is insisting that we stay the entire 24 hours. He wants to just be able to say he did it. LOL. So I'm wondering where I can grab a nap at the park.

Well, that's my problem! I want to go back and rest up with a nap. Definitely a night owl and the six a.m. Doesn't scare me but still figure with such an early morning start on Friday, a rest would def make it easier, specially if it's a hot humid day! But, DD24 says we gotta stay the whole 24 hrs, that's the point of the day! So I thought some park napping would maybe help instead, lol!

I don't know how they could. The lockers are inside the park

I would just return to the room but if you must stay there is an area back in Pete's Silly Sideshow that may be good. They had Jack Skellington back there during the parties. I don't think it's used for anything else. It's bound to be hot but it is out of the way and in the shade.

You could ride the train around and around
]

Okay having a mind blank on where Pete"s silly side show is. Somewhere back the circus area? I don't recall seeing it, is it new in the last couple years? I've been there but not a lot back there.

I want to order a shirt! Has anyone been able to order once since the pre-sale was over?

They only sent out links in an email, to purchase ahead, to AP holders.. They didn't show up at Disney store online without the link.

I do expect to get our shirts as they are for the event kick off and otherwise why bother letting anyone buy ahead if we aren't going to have them in time!

Just saw this on TouringPlans.com. Not a whole lot of info, but it is starting to trickle in.

Anna, Elsa, Olaf, and Kristoff will be on hand to welcome Guests to the park at 6:00 a.m. following a spectacular opening show ceremony.
The Festival of Fantasy Parade will take place twice – once at noon and once at 3:00 p.m.
The Main Street Electrical Parade will also take place twice – at 11:00 p.m. and at 1:00 a.m.
The Move It! Shake It! Dance and Play It! Street Party will take place at 9:30 a.m. and at 5:40 p.m.
A DJ will spin tunes in the Club Chill party zone in Tomorrowland from 4:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. In addition, Guests should be on the lookout for some of your favorite Disney Channel and Disney XD stars, because they might just drop by!
Late night dance parties hosted by characters in PJs in Frontierland and the Castle Hub
Chalk Artists

Thanks for sharing that! At least it's a little more info!

Still waiting for the shirts as well. If they arrive after we leave I may be sending them back. We also had the Wishes FP email and were able to rebook right away. Is it safe to rely on that other FP that showed up at this late date?

Chalk Artists
I bet the chalk artists are going to be cool.
The PJ parties are showing on the Disney schedule for MK for Friday. I believe they are from 2:AM till ? I forget

Okay having a mind blank on where Pete"s silly side show is. Somewhere back the circus area? I don't recall seeing it, is it new in the last couple years? I've been there but not a lot back there.
Pete's Silly Sideshow is the name of the circus area. Where Barnstormer and Dumbo is. Between Barnstormer and the M&G spot for Goofy/Daisy/Minnie/Donald is a large tent with nothing in it but benches.

Still waiting for the shirts as well. If they arrive after we leave I may be sending them back. We also had the Wishes FP email and were able to rebook right away. Is it safe to rely on that other FP that showed up at this late date?
What do you mean by "rely on that other FP"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter