23 Nights, 40 ADRS, too many food pics to count!! COMPLETED 01/22!

Thanks for all the reviews and good photos! We are semi-vegetarians who eat a vegetarian diet plus most seafood, so it was really helpful to see DH's meals everywhere to know what to expect. We will be visiting WDW in May 2012 and are going to several of the restaurants you reviewed. We are looking for a picture of the vegetarian jambalaya at Boatwright's at POR but can't seem to find one on the boards. It is a new menu item that we are looking forward to trying! Anyway, thanks again. We enjoyed looking at your pics all morning. Now it's time to do some weekend chores.:laundy:

You're welcome. The veggie jambalaya at boatwrights sounds good, that's one of the restaurants we haven't got round to trying.

My sentiments exactly. DW and I ate in the main dining room during our last trip and we were so full by the end of the meal, I cannot imagine eating the additional courses provided in the QVR (not to mention all the extra adult beverages!). For most people, V&A is an experience like no other. We really enjoyed it and will go again. Loving your TR and all the pics. I sure wish someone would invent a computer screen that has a scratch and sniff button!

I think I didn't realise how much extra food you would get in the QVR room. Definitely a fantastic experience but we're back to the main dining room for our next visit.

I've just caught up :)
Wow V&A looks amazing
It's great to see your DH's options as i have always worried that not eating meat would mean a below par meal but his dishes look wonderful :)
Shame about the room at BLT
I just don't understand how they can overbook - just not fair
Looks like it all worked out well in the end though :)

V&A is fantastic for vegetarians, DH has always had amazing meals there, sometimes the veggie dishes look better than the meat ones!

I was really disappointed with CR, but at least we got some money back which effectively paid for our dinner at California Grill on our last night.

Your reviews are excellent, so detailled and enjoyable to read, thanks!

Thanks very much.

Your "culinary" tour of WDW is to be commended! I don't know how you can eat all that food in a day though!!! (and I'm not just talking about the V&A day!). Whew! Maybe when I was like 19 or 20 could I pack down that amount of food, but definitely not now in my 40s! Just looking at your photos made me full :worship:

What a fantastic food "journey" you had while visiting the WDW resort!!! Amazing! And thanks so much for sharing!

There was a ton of food, we didn't eat everything you see in the pictures though, in fact it was rare for me to finish a dish (DH managed though!).

Love reading your trip report!

Thanks very much.

OMG that banana cream pie looked heavenly!!!!

It was really good, it was massive though so I'm so glad DH was there to help me eat it.

I am literally **blown away** that you guys were able to eat like that for so many days in a row!!!

Your food pics are awesome, great commentary too. I feel like I've been around the (WD)World!!

Did you just go home, put on your expandable clothes and have a PB&J? I think I would have forgotten how to cook. Please tell me you put on a couple pounds. I think I did just going through this. You guys are hardcore--impressive.

What can I say, when we go on holiday we like to go all out! A couple of pounds:rotfl: I put on 7 and DH put on over 10! It didn't bother me too much as I got rid of it within a couple of weeks, a lot always seems to be water weight with all the salty food. I cook from scratch a lot at home and never add salt, so 3 weeks of restaurant food makes me pretty bloated!!

Eeeeeeek V&A waaaay too much food, I would have rolled home lol

We pretty much did, I was so full!

I loved your V&A review, what an amazing looking meal

I love that for most courses you and DH could eat the same thing with only a couple of tweaks

Your reviews are just fabulous, you must go back to WDW soon so we can have more :laughing:

I loved your V&A review, what an amazing looking meal

I love that for most courses you and DH could eat the same thing with only a couple of tweaks

Your reviews are just fabulous, you must go back to WDW soon so we can have more :laughing:

Thanks very much, it was amazing.

I've another 7 months to go before we're back, and already I can't wait!

We had late start today, it was official opening day of the F&W festival and we got to World Showcase just after 11. The queues were building up and some booths were bit late opening, but it wasn’t mega crowded. I wanted to try fish pie at the Ireland, the booth opened late so I joined the queue of around 15 people. Once open the queue moved quickly, I paid for the fish pie but first batch had already gone, and I had to wait about 10 minutes for the next batch to cook.
When it was finally ready it was really good, tasty sauce, plenty of fish topped with soft creamy mash.
IMG_1718.jpg

While I was waiting for the pie, DH joined the queue at the Greek booth. I walked over to meet him just after he’d paid. They were also struggling to get food ready and he had to wait a while for cheese, although there were lots of the other entree available. We sampled the cheese with greek honey and pistachios, it was good but it was cold meaning the cheese was a little hard, but it worked well with the honey/pistachio flavours.
IMG_1719-1.jpg

Next we stopped at Belgium for a waffle, this booth seemed much better organised with only a small queue they actually had food items ready. The waffle was good, hot and fresh with a good fruit compote and cream.
IMG_1720.jpg

Next was New Zealand where we shared the scallop with red curry puree. Again this was very good, the puree was reasonably spicy with lots of flavour, the scallop was nicely cooked and the apple added some crunch and balanced the spice.
IMG_1721-1.jpg

Next was Singapore for shrimp cake and noodle salad. This was another good item, the shrimp nicely cooked, moist and the noodle salad well cooked.
IMG_1722-1.jpg

Last was South africa for vegetable curry served in bread bowl. The curry was good, the vegetables were all soft and there was nice flavour to it, the ‘bread bowl’ tasted almost exactly like an ‘Aunt Bessies’ yorkshire pudding so wasn’t really the soft bread bowl I was expecting.
IMG_1723-1.jpg

We were attending MNSSHP tonight so we had a 5:30 reservation at California Grill. We had a drink in the Club lounge before heading down to the second floor to check in. There was a huge queue to check in but a lot of people were wanting a walk up or to eat in bar.

After checking in we went straight up and had time for a quick walk on observation deck before being buzzed and sat at a nice window table. Again our server was good here, efficient, friendly and constantly kept our water glasses topped up.

We decided to share the cheese plate to start which was very nice. There were five cheeses and all were good, the blue worked well with honey, a delicious sheeps milk cheese was very creamy and definitely our favourite and a Drunken goat cheese with a red wine rind which worked beautifully with the fruit jelly.
IMG_1740.jpg

For our entrees we shared two sushi dishes, Yoshie’s deluxe Platter and a california roll. The California roll was very good with lots of fresh crab meat. The Platter was excellent with lots of different fish and styles of preparation on display. Our favourites were tuna, salmon, and tempura prawn.
IMG_1741.jpg

We shared a dessert of Giandjua chocolate mousse with cocoa nib tuille. This was lovely, quite a light dessert but with a pronounced chocolate and hazelnut flavour. It was served with baileys ice cream which was delicious, I could have eaten a whole tub of this stuff!
IMG_1744.jpg

We had another fantastic meal here,both food and service were excellent, it was different being here at the beginning of the night rather than the end, it was a little busier/noiser but still had a nice atmosphere, and the restaurant was very pretty with sunlight streaming through the windows.

Following dinner we headed back to our room to change back into park clothes, before walking to MK for MNSSHP. I read on the Dis that the party had sold out tonight and was stressing over how crowded it was going to be, but as we weren’t interested in characters it was actually pretty manageable. We watched Hallowishes and the parade, rode all the rides we wanted, and left candy collecting to the end of the night, at which point there were pretty much no queues. Even with the sell out, we had a good time and it was a lovely end to our holiday.

Today was our last day in Disney World. I woke up sad, but after 25 nights away from home I was ready to get back and see our baby, Holly who had been staying with my in-laws for the past 4 weeks. I will say when we did get back she sulked for days, as I think she actually prefers staying with them, as they have another dog and she’s never without company.

This is her looking very sorry for herself after being forced to have a bath!
P1000714.jpg

We had another lie in and left the hotel around 10:30. We grabbed a cab to DTD and checked in with Virgin there, so we were free of the bags and had our boarding cards already.

We did a little shopping then watched Contagion at the AMC. After the film we walked to the Market Place and decided to try Fultons as a walk up. We were told it would be a 20 minute wait but in reality it was more like 10.

We’d never eaten here before and we were sat at a high top by the window which gave us a great view of the watercraft and Saratoga Springs.

I ordered some sort of cocktail to drink, which I’m afraid I don’t remember the name of but I do remember enjoying it!
IMG_1861.jpg

To eat I chose the Baby back ribs, half rack of ribs served with french fries and coleslaw. Now I know this is a seafood restaurant, but I realized it was my last day in the US and I hadn’t eaten ribs all holiday, so decided it had to be today.

These were fantastic. It was a big portion, but the ribs were so tender with a lovely tangy barbeque sauce, I couldn’t stop eating them. The fries were hot and crispy and the coleslaw was nice, working well with the ribs.
IMG_1863.jpg

DH had a crispy baby shrimp po-boy, served with kettle chips. This was another big portion, a massive bread roll stuff with lots of crispy shrimp, salad and mayo. He really enjoyed it although I never got a taste as I was too busy with my ribs.
IMG_1865.jpg

We still had some time to kill so decided to share a dessert. We split a cookie sundae, a large, hot chocolate chip cookie, topped with ice cream, cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce. This was delicious, the cookie was soft and moist, and lovely with the creamy vanilla ice cream.
IMG_1866.jpg

We both enjoyed our lunch here and would definitely return. I see it’s now on the ddp for this year, I wouldn’t use 2 credits for lunch, but dinner may be worth it.

We walked to SSR where our town car was waiting to take us to MCO. We arrived with a couple of hours to spare, got through security quickly and had a couple of drinks at the Delta lounge.

Our flight took of on time and the cabin crew were soon serving dinner.

I had beet carpaccio and gorzonzola cheese salad to start while DH had Poached lobster tail with panzanella salad.
IMG_1867.jpg

I had chicken supreme with cannellini beans and fingerling potatoes for my main.
IMG_1868.jpg

DH had Roast artichoke, tomato, asparagus and caramelised onion tart with tomato tapenade, which he really liked.
IMG_1869.jpg

We both had the same dessert, some sort of chocolate sponge which was lovely and moist.
IMG_1870.jpg

After dinner I turned my seat into a bed and managed to get three hours sleep, before we touched down at London Gatwick. It took us another 5 hours to get back up to Newcastle but we finally made it home.

And that’s it, I’ve finally completed my longest dining report ever! We had an amazing trip with some fantastic meals, the highlight of which was of course V&A Queen Victoria Room.

I now have just over 7 months until our next trip to WDW. This one is going to be a little different as we’re bringing my parents and my sister with us. It will be the first time the three of them have ever been to America, and I’m so excited to show them the place I love so much. There’ll be no Deluxe dining for us, both due to the cost and the fact that I don’t want to spend that much time in restaurants with it being their first visit. We did get the free ddp so between our credits and a few oop meals we’ll still be dining at some of our favourites, including Cali Grill, Jiko, Yak & Yeti, Yachtsman, Coral Reef and V&A.

I hope these reviews have been helpful, and look out for my next review sometime in September.

Fantastic reviews! Really loved the V&A Queen's room review....I will try it someday....I've eaten in the dining room twice and it was fantastic!

Poor Holly...my dog looks at me like that too! I take her to a boarding facility where she can run with other dogs her size (mini dachshund) and I think she hates coming home!

Looking forward to reading reviews from your next trip!

Jill in CO

Your reviews were fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing your journey. Can't wait for your next one!

Fantastic reviews! Really loved the V&A Queen's room review....I will try it someday....I've eaten in the dining room twice and it was fantastic!

Poor Holly...my dog looks at me like that too! I take her to a boarding facility where she can run with other dogs her size (mini dachshund) and I think she hates coming home!

Looking forward to reading reviews from your next trip!

Jill in CO

Thank you very much. Hope you get to give the QVR a try at some point, but V&A is just an amazing meal wherever you dine!

We are so lucky our in laws take Holly while we are away, it would cost us a fortune otherwise and at least we have total peace of mind that she's ok. The only downside is she's so sulky when she comes back.

Your reviews were fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing your journey. Can't wait for your next one!

Thank you very much.

Enjoyed every meal with you. Glad you went to fulton's, the portions are huge. We have our vow reception there in October, don't think I will be having ribs in my gown though...lol

Thank you for a fantastic report xx

Thanks for sharing all of those meals with us! I enjoy your reviews a lot and can't wait for the next batch!

Holly is super cute!

What great reviews and photos....Thanks so much for making this so enjoyable...

Just got thru your report and LOVED it! While we are pretty anti-seafood (can do a little, but not much at all), I still loved your pictures, descriptions of your meals, service, atmosphere, etc. Will definitely be on board for your next report!!

Enjoyed every meal with you. Glad you went to fulton's, the portions are huge. We have our vow reception there in October, don't think I will be having ribs in my gown though...lol

Thank you for a fantastic report xx

Thank you very much. The portions were much bigger at futons than the other signature restaurants, and no I don't think I'd be chancing ribs in a wedding dress either!:rotfl:

Thanks for sharing all of those meals with us! I enjoy your reviews a lot and can't wait for the next batch!

Holly is super cute!

Thank you very much. And thanks for saying Holly is cute, she's a pain in the butt sometimes but I love her to bits.

What great reviews and photos....Thanks so much for making this so enjoyable...

Thanks very much.

Just got thru your report and LOVED it! While we are pretty anti-seafood (can do a little, but not much at all), I still loved your pictures, descriptions of your meals, service, atmosphere, etc. Will definitely be on board for your next report!!

Thank you. With DH eating fish now I guess it was a pretty seafood heavy report! Now when I go with my Dad and sister in September, they are big meat eaters so expect to see a lot more steak reviewed!

Thanks for the fabulous reviews!popcorn::

Thank you very much.

Great reviews and wonderful pics, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experiences with us!! :goodvibes I'm really looking forward to reading about your next trip, I'm sure you'll have a blast sharing the world with your family! :thumbsup2

I enjoyed your review so much that I read it again!

Not long until your September trip now and with more people that means more food reviews I hope! Can't wait for your new reviews!

Thanks again for an excellent report!

Excellent reviews. Thank you for the time and effort you put into them!

Thanks very much.

Great reviews and wonderful pics, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experiences with us!! :goodvibes I'm really looking forward to reading about your next trip, I'm sure you'll have a blast sharing the world with your family! :thumbsup2

Thank you. Planning this family holiday has been a lot more challenging than normal but I'm really excited for it new.

I enjoyed your review so much that I read it again!

Not long until your September trip now and with more people that means more food reviews I hope! Can't wait for your new reviews!

Thanks again for an excellent report!

Thank you!

Only 2 weeks to go now and I can't wait. There's been a few changes of plan and my sister is no longer coming with us. She turned down a free trip to disney (I'm now doubting whether we're even related:lmao:) so it's just the four of us going.

I've been tweaking out adrs for months but think I have a good line up now including jiko, narcoosees and v&a. We've stuck with the normal dining plan so we've got a lot less adrs than normal but I think it will be nice not to be tied down so much.

I know I'm late to the party, but I LOVED all your reviews!! I loved that pic of your doggie even more! He's the cutest! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter