2023 Moonlight Magic Dates

I just tried again now with the link from the email and it said I had 3 people in front of me.
I was able to reopen browser windows at will after the half hour mark.

That wasn’t the issue…it was non DVC resort stays not being recognized by Pluto

I was able to reopen browser windows at will after the half hour mark.

That wasn’t the issue…it was non DVC resort stays not being recognized by Pluto
Oh, I actually thought it was only for DVC owners.

I just logged in at 11:20 for the heck of it to see how far into the queue I would make it. Got spot 5,746 when I logged in at that time, and made it all the way through the queue and had the chance to still register for both dates (I don't have a reservation, so didn't spend the time doing that), but this is definitely an outlier to availability of past events. Normally I wouldn't have a chance logging in that late.
Maybe because Epcot MM still shows availability because Epcot has the highest park capacity of the theme parks?

If this is true, then Hollywood Studios MM might be the toughest to get.

Is their reservation linked to their MDE? And is their DVC membership linked to their MDE as well?
Yes & yes

We’ve successfully registered in the past for: MK, Epcot, mgm & the last AK one that was cancelled

half were while staying at a non Dvc Disney resort

Would’ve loved to be able to use our points, of course, no availability this late in game

Just us and the twirlers & cheerleaders making merry that week at the All stars lol
They received an email from DVC saying they were eligible to register today. The actual registration process failed.
Exactly & accordingly to DVC MS, we surely weren’t the only ones in same situation this AM
Toughest to get.
from what I’ve seen reported here, MK seems to go the fastest; followed by mgm

Do they add dates throughout the year? I’m going in November and I noticed none of the dates are for the later part of the year.

Do they add dates throughout the year? I’m going in November and I noticed none of the dates are for the later part of the year.
Last year they added some nights at Typhoon Lagoon on short notice.

But October - December is not a common time for the events. To some extent, probably because of the Halloween & Christmas parties which frequently tie up MK, the holiday decorations, Food & Wine fest, Candlelight processional and other Christmas events at Epcot.

I don’t remember there being any events during that time. Once upon a time there was a dvc holiday event at Epcot, but wasn’t a MM event. I agree, with all the parties and the higher crowds, I doubt it. I’m there late October/early November but not expecting anything.

You will be allowed to get the number of tickets that match the number of registered guests on your reservation. You have to make sure you do that by a specific date, or you will be limited to how many guests are there.

However, you do not input any names for the specific tickets so who the actual guests are that attend with you does not matter as long as you are with them that night.

I have done this a few times now when my trip has corresponded. I have entered the guests that are tentative to come with me so I have tickets and if they end up not coming, I give the tickets away to other DVC owners that didn't get in.
How far in advance do the guests need to be updated typically on a registration or do they specify for each one? We're going to be there for the 5/11 one. I currently have 7 separate reservations for 8 days because I gradually grabbed a day at a time as days opened up (Riviera standard view studio - had a full reservation for the stay, but wanted to stay at Riviera - was able to eventually get the whole week from individual days popping up). I didn't bother putting anyone else on the reservations because I was going to do it when I eventually got them combined into 1. I finally got around to calling Member Services a week ago, but they still haven't been combined. I guess I should go through each reservation and add wife and kids to it now, but I feel like that's going to invite a problem with them combining them or something since I'm making a change after asking them to be combined (I know that shouldn't be - but it's Disney IT).

Last edited:
How far in advance do the guests need to be updated typically on a registration or do they specify for each one? We're going to be there for the 5/11 one. I currently have 7 separate reservations for 8 days because I gradually grabbed a day at a time as days opened up (Riviera standard view studio - had a full reservation for the stay, but wanted to stay at Riviera - was able to eventually get the whole week from individual days popping up). I didn't bother putting anyone else on the reservations because I was going to do it when I eventually got them combined into 1. I finally got around to calling Member Services a week ago, but they still haven't been combined. I guess I should go through each reservation and add wife and kids to it now, but I feel like that's going to invite a problem with them combining them or something since I'm making a change after asking them to be combined (I know that shouldn't be - but it's Disney IT).

It is usually 48 hours before the registration opens.

It is usually 48 hours before the registration opens.
Oh, ok. No rush then. I've been getting a little frustrated since it's been a week and they're not combined - I waited a while to call, but now that I finally did, I'm a little antsy to get the reservation updated and put into MDE. I kind of waited until I was ready to start doing other stuff, and thought that it would be like it was in the past where it was done while I was still on the phone. I've still got a month until dining reservations, so it's not a particular rush, but I hadn't thought about moonlight magic being an issue. It sounds like it's still going to be a while before they open up the DHS ones. It would be nice if it was a lot sooner - I'd like to start planning our days and meals. It's going to be especially frustrating if they announce dates for After Hours into May - will need to decide whether we want to do that or just stick with Moonlight Magic and Extended Evening Hours (obviously if we don't get MM, that would factor in).

Oh, ok. No rush then. I've been getting a little frustrated since it's been a week and they're not combined - I waited a while to call, but now that I finally did, I'm a little antsy to get the reservation updated and put into MDE. I kind of waited until I was ready to start doing other stuff, and thought that it would be like it was in the past where it was done while I was still on the phone. I've still got a month until dining reservations, so it's not a particular rush, but I hadn't thought about moonlight magic being an issue. It sounds like it's still going to be a while before they open up the DHS ones. It would be nice if it was a lot sooner - I'd like to start planning our days and meals. It's going to be especially frustrating if they announce dates for After Hours into May - will need to decide whether we want to do that or just stick with Moonlight Magic and Extended Evening Hours (obviously if we don't get MM, that would factor in).

I just had a merge completed for my March trip. It took 8 days. So I wouldn’t worry!

The planner in me gets frustrated when they can't do this quicker. They used to do it while I was on the phone with MS. My last merge (my final day came available) took a bit over a week. It'd be nice if they offered the option for us to merge online, with the program checking to see that both reservations match up.

If I recall, last year I received a reminder email about Moonlight Magic (MM) about 4-5 days before the event. Has anyone received a reminder email for the February 8th MM?

I am concerned as I asked member services to combine my two consecutive reservations into one (My one additional MM February 8th night came through on a waitlist a few days before the registration date). Member services assured me twice that they would not cancel my MM tickets when they cancelled my February 8th night reservation and combined it with my original reservation. I am using that reminder email to determine if I need to follow up with member services before we travel. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter