2023 Moonlight Magic Dates

With the exception of Epcot, they are spreading out the offerings more than in the past. I think that is a good idea. The dates don't overlap with any of my trips this year, but maybe I'll get lucky again sometime. I've been to one (MK), and it was great.

Interesting that there is no MK offered.

Hi.
How do I register?
When does it open on January 25 and where exactly do I need to be online in the DVC site to get in the que?
Thank you so much!

I don't know ifbI should be happy. The 7 months window for my trip in September opens in a couple of weeks and I bet the night of the MM at DHS will be booked solid by then. I just wish they wouldn't announce the dates more than 7 months in advance.

I’d like at least one more at DLR.
8 east coast, 1 west coast but I guess be happy they are doing them at Land again.
Certainly more DVC owners at WDW.
They usually only do one a year out here and in the past it alternated between DL and DCA each year. 2019 was the only year they did 2 of them.

I don't know ifbI should be happy. The 7 months window for my trip in September opens in a couple of weeks and I bet the night of the MM at DHS will be booked solid by then. I just wish they wouldn't announce the dates more than 7 months in advance.

They should announce 12 months in advance honestly. They wait too long for a trip that you really are planning 11-12 months out to book when the window opens.

I’d like at least one more at DLR.
8 east coast, 1 west coast but I guess be happy they are doing them at Land again.
Certainly more DVC owners at WDW.
The registration page for February 1 was open for days. Basically anyone within driving distance of DCA who wished to attend had little difficulty of registering. Even with 8 nights at WDW, many people will not get in.

We went to Hollywood Studios last year and loved it. This year our trip overlaps with the Animal Kingdom date so we are really excited. Fingers crossed we get it.

We have both direct points and resale. The trip we have booked that coincides with the AK moonlight magic this July is booked using both direct and resale points. Probably 2/3 of points I used came from our direct contract and the other 1/3 came from our resale contract. Will this make a difference or cause an issue as far as me being able to book moonlight magic?

We went to Hollywood Studios last year and loved it. This year our trip overlaps with the Animal Kingdom date so we are really excited. Fingers crossed we get it.

We have both direct points and resale. The trip we have booked that coincides with the AK moonlight magic this July is booked using both direct and resale points. Probably 2/3 of points I used came from our direct contract and the other 1/3 came from our resale contract. Will this make a difference or cause an issue as far as me being able to book moonlight magic?
Last year we went to the Epcot one with a trip booked on our resale points (same membership as direct points) and we were able to book MM.

They should announce 12 months in advance honestly. They wait too long for a trip that you really are planning 11-12 months out to book when the window opens.
Except registrations will open shortly before. So you may book a trip and then not get a ticket. Some people will just suck it up, others will cancel. And others will just book one night to get the priority window, causing problems to people who want to take longer vacations (I.e. one night not available almost anywhere) and/or just one night after the wave of cancellations.
Also some get wide advance notifications, others just a few weeks.
MM are not something you should plan around. It's a nice bonus if you get it, but chances are you won't get it. And it disrupts plans for everyone else.

Does anybody know which park is easiest to book? For example, I think HS is smaller so less people get in than say epcot which is much larger and accepts may more. Which is probably the most difficult to book and which is the easiest. We managed to get into HS last year but wondering if AK will be easier to book this year

Does anyone remember what the hours typically are on these? We’ll be there over one of the HS ones with our little kids so I’m not sure if we can take advantage or not. Not that there’s much at that park for small kids…

Does anyone remember what the hours typically are on these? We’ll be there over one of the HS ones with our little kids so I’m not sure if we can take advantage or not. Not that there’s much at that park for small kids…
Parks will run their normal hours for day guests. In the case of Hollywood Studios, last year the park was open until 9pm and MM officially ran from 9:30 - 12:30. Expect about the same. DHS rarely closes before 9pm, and they won't close early for Moonlight Magic.

The registration page for February 1 was open for days. Basically anyone within driving distance of DCA who wished to attend had little difficulty of registering. Even with 8 nights at WDW, many people will not get in.
Not in driving distance nor are a lot of DVC members. Nice if you are but not If the one day doesn’t work… No dice. Not a local who can just squeeze it into their schedule. East coast has 8 potential dates that might work with their schedule. Could do one of those but… 6 hour flight vs 2. Yes a lot more competition at WDW but at least some date options so one/some more likely to work. We do come to DLR 5-6 times a year.

Not in driving distance nor are a lot of DVC members. Nice if you are but not If the one day doesn’t work… No dice. Not a local who can just squeeze it into their schedule. East coast has 8 potential dates that might work with their schedule. Could do one of those but… 6 hour flight vs 2. Yes a lot more competition at WDW but at least some date options so one/some more likely to work. We do come to DLR 5-6 times a year.
No dates are going to work for everyone.

My point was that with one event at DL, it took days for the availability to fill. At WDW, they could host 8 events, 12 events or 100 events and chances are they would all fill within a couple hours.

If you're choosing how to allocate resources (money), there's more benefit to hosting a private night at WDW than DL. But the Disneyland area will gain a lot more members once VDH opens. Once sold out, maybe enough to justify 2 events per year.

Probably 2/3 of points I used came from our direct contract and the other 1/3 came from our resale contract. Will this make a difference or cause an issue as far as me being able to book moonlight magic?
It does not matter which points are used. Membership Extras are a result of having an eligible membership. A membership qualifies for ME if it contains a contract(s) that met the qualifications at the time it was acquired.

To put in it in another way: the usage of points and the qualifications for Membership Extras are completely separate.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter