• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2023 Dates?

Is it super crowded being so close to New Year's?

I'm going to say yes. 2018 was the most crowded that I have ever seen Marathon Weekend (it was the Polar Vortex and I distinctly remember being bundled in a winter coat and wading through an unbelievable amount of people in AK. Marathon Weekend was January 4-7 that year.

And I just remembered I'm planning to do Dopey in 2023, so I'd have to deal with all those crowds instead of staying longer the week after. Ugh!

Is it super crowded being so close to New Year's?
I'm going to say yes. 2018 was the most crowded that I have ever seen Marathon Weekend (it was the Polar Vortex and I distinctly remember being bundled in a winter coat and wading through an unbelievable amount of people in AK. Marathon Weekend was January 4-7 that year.

And I just remembered I'm planning to do Dopey in 2023, so I'd have to deal with all those crowds instead of staying longer the week after. Ugh!

Yep. I remember that 2018 weekend as well. It was sooooo crowded during the early part of the week we were there for the race. It was just starting to slow down some when we left. I know 2022 will be bad also.

Yep. I remember that 2018 weekend as well. It was sooooo crowded during the early part of the week we were there for the race. It was just starting to slow down some when we left. I know 2022 will be bad also.

If we do the 1/2 during Marathon weekend, we would arrive Friday and leave the following Wednesday. Would Princess weekend be less crowded?

If we do the 1/2 during Marathon weekend, we would arrive Friday and leave the following Wednesday. Would Princess weekend be less crowded?

I've never done the princess weekend, so I can't be sure, but I suspect it would be slightly better. Typically marathon weekend isn't too bad other than when it falls so closely after the holidays.

I've never done the princess weekend, so I can't be sure, but I suspect it would be slightly better. Typically marathon weekend isn't too bad other than when it falls so closely after the holidays.
Thank you! It looks like it's falling pretty close for the next few years.

Has anyone seen when registration might open for 2023?

We really need to let them announce the race weekend officially first…

We’ve also seen them open registration as early as March/April or as late as August, so sometime in that timeframe is my guess…. :P

Probably. I suggest making the vacation part of the trip after marathon weekend instead of before. The crowds should be lower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter