2022 Trip Planning Thread

We are between Disneyland Paris and California for 2022. I'll be in Europe (likely) end of June 2022 and was planning on meeting my DH and DD (will be 5) in Paris. I've been able to get amazing tips on both trips on these boards - but still not sure which one to pick (which one will be safer, which one will be easier [with a 5 y/o]. We will be flying from Toronto. Any feedback is welcome! Our DD's biggest trip to date was WDW for her 3rd bday (Jan.2020) and she did great!

If we do Paris it would be first week of July - if we go West to Cali we are flexible, but probably May, or Fall (I'd time it out do see the Halloween or Christmas events).

To me this decision depends on how much other sightseeing you want to do beyond Disney, and how well your kiddo travels. Those are both going to require jet lag and you will have account for that for sure with a young kid. If you're in Europe anyway I'd go Paris, especially if you are interested in seeing the rest of the city/country.

To me this decision depends on how much other sightseeing you want to do beyond Disney, and how well your kiddo travels. Those are both going to require jet lag and you will have account for that for sure with a young kid. If you're in Europe anyway I'd go Paris, especially if you are interested in seeing the rest of the city/country.

Thanks! We were leaning toward Paris because of what you just said (me being nearby anyway), but I've been reading things are going to be crowded next year, so we were thinking of waiting it out a bit. Still lots of time to decide!

Working on planning a July 2022 trip *crossfingers. I'm hoping it works out well. Otherwise we can always push it back to April 2023 or July 2023.
We are hoping to have enough reward points to fly for mostly free between airmiles and my husbands work rewards.

I think we are going to take the plunge and book, hopefully some discounts come out closer to the travel time. I think we are talking about 8 nights. We'd like 6 days in the park. I think we are looking at Wilderness Lodge club level. This will likely be our only trip to DW with our kids, as we are much closer to Disneyland so go there much more often. Any advice? What are the chances some discounts for Wilderness Lodge will come out for July?

My kids want a day at Universal as well, mainly for Harry Potter stuff, but the ticket prices are so high for just one day there. So not sure if we will do that or just do a water park instead.

My kids want a day at Universal as well, mainly for Harry Potter stuff, but the ticket prices are so high for just one day there. So not sure if we will do that or just do a water park instead.
OMG, trust me when i say this is something you don't want to miss if you have anyone in your group with even a tiny bit of love for all things Potter, you MUST GO! The theming is over the top, truly immersive and full of details that had us just stopping to stare. We did nothing other than that, used 1 day park-to-park (or whatever it's called) tickets and would do it again in a heartbeat.

OMG, trust me when i say this is something you don't want to miss if you have anyone in your group with even a tiny bit of love for all things Potter, you MUST GO! The theming is over the top, truly immersive and full of details that had us just stopping to stare. We did nothing other than that, used 1 day park-to-park (or whatever it's called) tickets and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Thanks. We've done it in California but not in Orlando. We may consider that then. My husband is interested in the space center too, so it will be between those two.

Thanks. We've done it in California but not in Orlando. We may consider that then. My husband is interested in the space center too, so it will be between those two.

We did the space centre on our 2015 trip and it was amazing! Next time we are back in FL, we are going back for sure!

We are all booked… they got rid of my usual direct YHZ-MCO flights (BOO) so naturally I remedied this leaving a day earlier :laughing: And if we have to connect anyway, we might as well fly out of Fredericton since it’s closer. We booked with Aeroplan.

March 2-13
10 nights in a Polynesian Studio - our DVC “home” :cloud9:
1 night at MCO Hyatt because our departure flight out of MCO is at 8am, plus it’s time change day.

We are a LARGE crowd going this year - my parents, my sisters and their families, and a random assortment of aunts and uncles and cousins. I think we will total 25 or so. We are used to this and all do our own thing but meet up for a meal or ride here and there. Always end up back together at the resort for a drink by the pool! That’s the best part about staying on site with a large group is that everyone can come and go as they please.

I am SO EXCITED about this trip and hoping my 2 young girls can be vaccinated before we leave so I don’t have that worry as well.

We are all booked… they got rid of my usual direct YHZ-MCO flights (BOO) so naturally I remedied this leaving a day earlier :laughing: And if we have to connect anyway, we might as well fly out of Fredericton since it’s closer. We booked with Aeroplan.

March 2-13
10 nights in a Polynesian Studio - our DVC “home” :cloud9:
1 night at MCO Hyatt because our departure flight out of MCO is at 8am, plus it’s time change day.

We are a LARGE crowd going this year - my parents, my sisters and their families, and a random assortment of aunts and uncles and cousins. I think we will total 25 or so. We are used to this and all do our own thing but meet up for a meal or ride here and there. Always end up back together at the resort for a drink by the pool! That’s the best part about staying on site with a large group is that everyone can come and go as they please.

I am SO EXCITED about this trip and hoping my 2 young girls can be vaccinated before we leave so I don’t have that worry as well.
We used to cruise with our extended family .. around 15 of us. It’s a great way to go because there is always someone who wants to do the activity you are interested in . We never moved around as a large group but met up for dinners . Sounds like your family will have a blast !

Working on planning a July 2022 trip *crossfingers. I'm hoping it works out well. Otherwise we can always push it back to April 2023 or July 2023.
We are hoping to have enough reward points to fly for mostly free between airmiles and my husbands work rewards.

I think we are going to take the plunge and book, hopefully some discounts come out closer to the travel time. I think we are talking about 8 nights. We'd like 6 days in the park. I think we are looking at Wilderness Lodge club level. This will likely be our only trip to DW with our kids, as we are much closer to Disneyland so go there much more often. Any advice? What are the chances some discounts for Wilderness Lodge will come out for July?

I agree that Universal is expensive. I've paid for a two park one day ticket too, which included the Hogwarts Express ride. I was a big HP fan and I have to say visiting both Hogwarts and Hogemede was a dream memory. I urge you to grit your teeth and try to afford it! The rest of Universal is great too but I visited HP when there was only one land and then years later when I could go between the two worlds. I still get goosebumps. I'm 63 and not wacky, it is beautifully done. People on the train were crying, it's that good.

Wohoo! Just booked our flight! Going down for March Break with my husband and kids. My sister is supposed to join us with her kids so the cousins should have lots of fun together.

Still undecided on our resort. My sister is on a budget so looking at a moderate resort. Our first choice is POFQ just because of size and boat to Disney Springs but it is still closed with no opening date as of yet. Bummer! For now its is between Coronado Springs resort and Caribbean Beach.

Personally I would prefer a deluxe but not sure my sis can afford it. We looked at renting a DVC villa at AKL but my husband is not crazy about sharing a space with my sister and her family. My niece and nephew are really young (3 and 7) and are quite rowdy! He wants his own room so we can have some down time.

Last edited:
We are between Disneyland Paris and California for 2022. I'll be in Europe (likely) end of June 2022 and was planning on meeting my DH and DD (will be 5) in Paris. I've been able to get amazing tips on both trips on these boards - but still not sure which one to pick (which one will be safer, which one will be easier [with a 5 y/o]. We will be flying from Toronto. Any feedback is welcome! Our DD's biggest trip to date was WDW for her 3rd bday (Jan.2020) and she did great!

If we do Paris it would be first week of July - if we go West to Cali we are flexible, but probably May, or Fall (I'd time it out do see the Halloween or Christmas events).
We’ve done both Disneyland Paris and California, and liked both for different reasons. They’re both pretty easy to get to/around (way easier than WDW). I’d probably choose by either cost of trip, or by which surrounding area you’d rather visit (I’d probably choose France if I had to decide right now for me and my family)
The safety aspect is harder to answer right now, and if it’s a big factor, I’d probably wait until closer to the first trip to make a decision.
I personally loved Disneyland Paris. It definitely has fewer rides. To me, it was more of a park for you to just be at and enjoy the Disney atmosphere, if that makes sense.

We are still talking about going back in August 2022, replanning our 2020 August trip. But now we are waiting to see how crazy the Star Wars hotel is going to be to see if we want to try to include it. Also DH just changed jobs, and may not be able to travel next August, so we haven't booked anything yet. We do have an NCL cruise booked for March, that I have to decide if I'm paying for by November - it all depends on vaccines for my DD - holding our breath and waiting for the under 12s to have something available!

Crossing fingers that numbers all get better. Lookong at Hawaii for the first time. Have points for flights, dvc for room. Thinkkng the way they have kept the islands semi better than mainland we should be good. Nice suprise and change from wdw

We are planning for August 2022. We were supposed to be August 2020 sigh.
We had everything paid for, I got all great deals and then f'ing COVID.
So now we are going and it's killing me slowly how much more I now need to pay to get all the stuff I already had fully paid off.

Now that the rant is over, We are going in AUGUST 2022!! lol
We will be staying at a Moderate on site. Praying by then more of the on-site perks are back.
I'm going with a friend who has never been to Disney. And I haven't been there since 2006 so I am ready to return.

We are planning for August 2022. We were supposed to be August 2020 sigh.
We had everything paid for, I got all great deals and then f'ing COVID.
So now we are going and it's killing me slowly how much more I now need to pay to get all the stuff I already had fully paid off.

Now that the rant is over, We are going in AUGUST 2022!! lol
We will be staying at a Moderate on site. Praying by then more of the on-site perks are back.
I'm going with a friend who has never been to Disney. And I haven't been there since 2006 so I am ready to return.

Oh I hear you on the price increase! I'm looking to book for dd and I for end of June into July and now 5nights/2 parks at All Star Music costs more than 7 nights/3 parks same time frame and same hotel only 3 years ago. Hundreds more!!! And, that's not taking into account big increases in food prices and no more free Magical Express next year so another added cost.

We've booked a Disney cruise, Pacific Coast to Vancouver and 3 days at DL at the beginning. Apr. 2022. My first cruise ever and never been to DL. Currently trying to book pet and farm sitters 10 months out! Anyone fancying a farm stay near Arthur, Ontario do not hesitate to message me. LOL(no seriously)

I saw your were wondering about getting from DL to San Diego - and we’re thinking of Amtrak.

It looks very doable, from what I am finding online. I’m not getting precise details, as this is just to give you an idea of what’s out there.

To get to the Anaheim Amtrak station:
  • “ART Anaheim Resort Transportation Route 15 operates to Anaheim and Disneyland® Resort every 30 minutes. ART provides a free service to Disneyland® Resort, The Anaheim Convention Center and all surrounding Anaheim Resort Hotels. A valid Metrolink and/or Amtrak ticket must be presented upon boarding.”
If it goes to DL area, it’s probably returning to the station, also.

Some days, there are 14 departure times. Travel time is a little over 2 hours.

Upon arrival,

“Downtown San Diego’s train station, the Santa Fe Depot, is only two blocks east of the terminals and is a beautiful, historical landmark in addition to providing convenient access to rail transportation.”

If going the train route, allow time for breakdowns, track closures, perhaps taking the evening train the night before - or a morning train.

We've booked for January 2 - 12 at Coronado Springs 😍 I was just looking at flights to check prices but Southwest doesn't have all our dates out yet, booo! I'm feeling hopeful the quarantining will be over by that time.

I am trying to sort out a trip next year, assuming I am double dosed (had an allergic reaction)..

Kids and I will be flying to Scotland to visit my mum and grandad for 2 weeks... train down to Dover, 7 night DCL Euro cruise, back up to Scotland and then fly home. Looking at spending 3 weeks away.
Watching all these test cruise videos this AM has got me giddy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!