2022 DIS CON Weather Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I haven’t been on the boards for ages but we are scheduled to do the con. Trying to decide what to do now. We are supposed to fly on Thursday which I’m sure won’t be happening now. I might try to change to a Saturday flight but depending on where the storm heads after Florida even that may not be possible. It’s looking more and more like we might have to end up cancelling. 😔

I moved my flight to Tuesday and am going to hope for the best. I plan on enjoying myself even if that means lounging in my room and catching up on Netflix/Disney plus.
I thought about flying in on tuesday but I have an appointment that day that I cannot miss. So hopefully I will be arriving MCO Thursday 5:30pm. Time will tell exactly what this storm will do.

Thank you to @GADisneyDad14 for the curated list on your thread in the resort section.

Per Orlando twitter feed,
TODAY (9/27) at 1 p.m., Orlando Mayor, Commissioners, Orlando Utilities, and MCO airport will host a press conference about #HurricaneIan preparations. Watch live on our Facebook page: https://facebook.com/cityoforlando

I don't have Facebook, but maybe it'll be available to anyone like a YouTube stream.

Awe.. and so it begins.😔 I just got this notice from American for my final lag of my trip to Orlando:
Flight AA1672 from DFW to MCO on Sep 29 at 8:41AM has been canceled. We're working to rebook you and will send an update soon.

Awe.. and so it begins.😔 I just got this notice from American for my final lag of my trip to Orlando:
Flight AA1672 from DFW to MCO on Sep 29 at 8:41AM has been canceled. We're working to rebook you and will send an update soon.
I’m sorry to hear that! MCO shall be closed from 28-30 September, except for emergencies.😔

AIRPORT STATUS INFORMATION
provided by the FAA's Air Traffic Control System Command Center​
The status information provided on this site indicates general airport conditions; it is not flight-specific. Check with your airline to determine if your flight is affected.
Orlando International Airport (MCO) Real-time Status
Due to CLOSED EXCEPT EMERGENCY, the Orlando International Airport (MCO) was closed as of Sep 28 at 10:30 AM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 30 at 10:30 AM EDT.
Delays by Destination:
  • Due to CLOSED, the IMM airport was closed as of Sep 27 at 22:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 30 at 16:00 UTC.
  • Due to CLOSED, the Melbourne International Airport (MLB) was closed as of Sep 28 at 02:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 30 at 10:00 AM EDT.
  • Due to CLOSED, the St Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport (PIE) was closed as of Sep 27 at 06:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 30 at 12:00 PM EDT.
  • Due to CLOSED, the SPG airport was closed as of Sep 27 at 17:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 30 at 11:00 UTC.
  • Due to CLOSED, the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) was closed as of Sep 27 at 08:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 29 at 07:59 PM EDT.
  • Due to CLOSED EXCEPT EMERGENCY, the Tampa International Airport (TPA) was closed as of Sep 27 at 05:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 30 at 12:00 PM EDT.
General Departure Delays: Traffic is experiencing gate hold and taxi delays lasting 15 minutes or less.
General Arrival Delays: Arrival traffic is experiencing airborne delays of 15 minutes or less.
This information was last updated: Sep 27, 2022 at 4:59 PM GMT
Glossary of Air Traffic Management Terms - A table containing definitions and/or descriptions of many common Air Traffic Management acronyms.​
From FAA for all airports - https://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/flyfaaindex.jsp?p=0&ARPT=mco

Just to add to the FAA posting, thank you for that, is a twitter response for MCO that someone posted in the resort thread. MCO said that 10:30 is an approximate time, because it relies on the recovery review of the property to make sure it can open for commercial flights. Here's hoping there's no major damage. I'm sending all my good grisgris your way FL!

Thank you all very much for participating in thread. Now that DIScon 2022 & events is concluded, I think we can close this thread to further replies. (Also, I'm a fan of preventing zombie-necro-threads to arise well after the purpose of the thread is done.)

Thank you mods for your help and all you do! Thank you DISers for your community spirit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter