2022 DIS CON Weather Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. that's all I can say. wow. I'm so surprised we haven't heard anything official and equally surprised this is still happening.
It’s an incredibly weird situation
Like even if it’s still happening, they should send out SOME kind of word.
If it’s CANCELLED/POSTPONED, even if they don’t have a new date yet, LET US KNOW. People shouldn’t be travelling down to dangerous weather, only for the reason they’re going to be cancelled because of said weather and they’re stranded in a hurricane.

I have a VIP ticket and they haven’t sent out ANY info about the VIP stuff, which they did a few WEEKS before the event last year

It’s an incredibly weird situation
Like even if it’s still happening, they should send out SOME kind of word.
If it’s CANCELLED/POSTPONED, even if they don’t have a new date yet, LET US KNOW.
I have a VIP ticket and they haven’t sent out ANY info about the VIP stuff, which they did a few WEEKS before the event last year
I agree - the silence is not a good thing by any means. Most of us aren't FL residents and this is a big deal just getting there. I wouldn't be upset over not getting a refund for the convention but there's the hotel and the MNSSHP ticket I purchased for 9/30. Although I think Disney will help me with the latter. Who knows at this point. I'm almost to the point of just cancelling and forgetting the whole thing. Not worth the stress. I totally agree with you - JUST LET US KNOW SOMETHING.

I agree - the silence is not a good thing by any means. Most of us aren't FL residents and this is a big deal just getting there. I wouldn't be upset over not getting a refund for the convention but there's the hotel and the MNSSHP ticket I purchased for 9/30. Although I think Disney will help me with the latter. Who knows at this point. I'm almost to the point of just cancelling and forgetting the whole thing. Not worth the stress. I totally agree with you - JUST LET US KNOW SOMETHING.
I feel ya
I’m coming down from CT, set to arrive Thursday afternoon, MNSSHP ticket, VIP DIS Con ticket, photo ops purchased, all in limbo right now.
I would reach out to Steven Amos (StevenA@GKTW.org) but I’ve bothered him with so many other questions already about the event

I wouldn’t expect to hear anything until there is more certainty on where and when the hurricane will make landfall. At this point, Ian can potentially skirt Florida’s west coast and hit further north. Unfortunately, it may be Tuesday or Wednesday before certainty is known. I’d guess the cost of canceling now is high for them, so they’ll wait until a hurricane declaration is made (possible reduced cancellation fees).

My situation is that we’re scheduled for a cruise that Saturday, and it’s unlikely we’ll get in to Orlando as planned (Thursday). So I’m making multiple contingency plans, of which flying in after the cruise for our post—cruise stay is most likely.

Just curious….is there anyone in this thread that is local? Like, right by Disney local? We’re wondering what the situation is with the grocery stores currently. Still weighing whether to try to come down tomorrow or not and driving is not an option. We would be getting a rental at the airport. Thanks in advance!

Just curious….is there anyone in this thread that is local? Like, right by Disney local? We’re wondering what the situation is with the grocery stores currently. Still weighing whether to try to come down tomorrow or not and driving is not an option. We would be getting a rental at the airport. Thanks in advance!

OKW Lover is. they live 2 miles from the castle. I was watching WESH last night, the NBC affiliate and they said water was starting to get scarce. I live near Tampa and Publix had a limit on 4 gallons and 2 packs of water.

The odd thing is that Ian is is starting to suck up the moisture in the air. The humidity is way down to 65% on the south of Tampa Bay.

The odd thing is that Ian is is starting to suck up the moisture in the air. The humidity is way down to 65% on the south of Tampa Bay.
that sounds comfortable !! nice. It's like that here in NC too .. low humidity and a high of 77 today. Like heaven.

I'm local. However, we did our shopping a few days ago and I haven't been to to Publix since so I really can't answer about supplies.

Our local FB page does have people reporting that certain things are out of stock. Mostly water & milk basics. However, supply lines are still in operation so restock happens regularly.

Okay, so I'm desperate. I need to hear from the convention. Does anyone have any kind of an emergency contact number?

I'm being told by locals that water, gas, and some food products are running out. The airlines are telling me I won't be able to fly in on Thursday and that Friday is unlikely. There is a request a refund button on the ticketing app, but there's nothing that says my request will even be considered. I'm looking for any kind of contact information, or any information at all about their plans for the storm.

Updated to add: Disney call center strongly suggested that I wait until tomorrow to cancel. Disney hasn't made an offical decision yet, and the help they can before that decision is made is limited.

Last edited:
I'm local. However, we did our shopping a few days ago and I haven't been to to Publix since so I really can't answer about supplies.

Our local FB page does have people reporting that certain things are out of stock. Mostly water & milk basics. However, supply lines are still in operation so restock happens regularly.
Thank you! It looks like I’m heading down tomorrow. Carl and Ellie may truly be in for the adventure of their lives on this trip!

Thank you! It looks like I’m heading down tomorrow. Carl and Ellie may truly be in for the adventure of their lives on this trip!
Hey there. I saw on the details thread you asked whether we ended up with traveling down. I'm sad to say that we chose not to come due to the many hurricane logistical impacts. I would be stuck in a hotel that is very not Disney, and the new track has Orlando in the dirty side of the storm. If it slows down, I'm really going to be stuck in a hotel that might not be as safe/provisioned as I would like. I believe airports will be slammed, and I wouldn't be able to fly in after the storm and still make the events. As a New Orleans native, I am concerned (not freaked out) about being there without the usual resources I would have to get ready for a storm if I were a local. If I were staying on Disney property, it would be a different scenario. I saw how they handled Matthew, and even though this track is more direct to Orlando than Matthew was, I think I would feel differently about coming if I knew I could shelter in place on Disney property.

Anyways, long post to say I'm really going to miss y'all. I know "Lobby Con" is going to be awesome, and the weather after a hurricane is always glorious. That nice high pressure ridge that moves in afterwards is just beautiful. Y'all have a safe and really fun time for me! I will be updating the Unofficial Events page shortly.

Hey there. I saw on the details thread you asked whether we ended up with traveling down. I'm sad to say that we chose not to come due to the many hurricane logistical impacts. I would be stuck in a hotel that is very not Disney, and the new track has Orlando in the dirty side of the storm. If it slows down, I'm really going to be stuck in a hotel that might not be as safe/provisioned as I would like. I believe airports will be slammed, and I wouldn't be able to fly in after the storm and still make the events. As a New Orleans native, I am concerned (not freaked out) about being there without the usual resources I would have to get ready for a storm if I were a local. If I were staying on Disney property, it would be a different scenario. I saw how they handled Matthew, and even though this track is more direct to Orlando than Matthew was, I think I would feel differently about coming if I knew I could shelter in place on Disney property.

Anyways, long post to say I'm really going to miss y'all. I know "Lobby Con" is going to be awesome, and the weather after a hurricane is always glorious. That nice high pressure ridge that moves in afterwards is just beautiful. Y'all have a safe and really fun time for me! I will be updating the Unofficial Events page shortly.
Sad that you will not be there, but glad you finally got the answers needed to make your decision. We ended up at the Swan. Disney-adjacent, and hoping for the best. We are going to miss you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter