• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2021 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! June 12, 2021!

I think you are right about it being cancelled. We will probably not be on it in 2022. We really want to see Alaska again, and are looking at a June 2022 cruise and land tour on Princess.
Just saw that DCL officially cancelled May 2021 cruises. DVC should go ahead and cancel this cruise.
Alaska in 2022 sounds wonderful Our last Alaska trip was 2014 so it's time to return!

We really want to see Alaska again,
Alaska in 2022 sounds wonderful
Remember, the 2020 DVC member cruise to Alaska was moved to August 2022. Not sure how many members took the refund last year, or how many spots may be available for booking. DVC has not said any more about it after the reschedule.

Last edited:
Just saw that DCL officially cancelled May 2021 cruises. DVC should go ahead and cancel this cruise.
Alaska in 2022 sounds wonderful Our last Alaska trip was 2014 so it's time to return!
2019 was our last trip to Alaska, before that was 1994. We appreciated it more in 2019, and don‘t want to wait too long before going back. This time we want to end in Fairbanks.

Remember, the 2020 DVC member cruise to Alaska was moved to August 2022. Not sure how many members took the refund last year, or how many spots may be available for booking. DVC has not said any more about it after the reschedule.
I'm planning to take the refund for this cruise. Maybe join the Alaska member cruise in 2022. Thanks for the reminder!

Just looked at my reservation and it says my booking window for excurions etc opens tomorrow. I tried not to laugh out loud.

I wish that Disney would be proactive about this and just cancel it or move it. I don't except it to happen and if by some miracle it does, my husband and I won't be able to go as we won't have had access to the vaccine in time. We are WAY down on the priority list.

We have a Princess Cruise round trip from Seattle booked in August, and it is still on the Princess sire to book. One stop is Victoria, and Canada has said no cruise ships over 100 passengers. I would think Princess would give upon it already, but no.

Just to change the subject from the possibility of the cruise cancelling, has anyone who used the Chase Disney Visa card received a credit for the interest? I finally paid off the principal, but interest on the interest is still accruing!
I received a letter today from Chase. Basically says I didn't receive the promotional APR financing and as a result may have been charged interest incorrectly. Last paragraph "We apologize for the inconvenience and have issued a statement credit for the amount. We also removed any interest that may have been charged incorrectly."

Of course, they fix all this just when the cruise will likely be cancelled.

I received a letter today from Chase. Basically says I didn't receive the promotional APR financing and as a result may have been charged interest incorrectly. Last paragraph "We apologize for the inconvenience and have issued a statement credit for the amount. We also removed any interest that may have been charged incorrectly."

Of course, they fix all this just when the cruise will likely be cancelled.
Be aware there was another error at Chase. They refunded interest to everyone who had the regular non-promo transaction whether or not the account was charged interest. I received the interest refund and I was never charged interest because my account was corrected early. They are going to have to correct their corrections.

Oh
Be aware there was another error at Chase. They refunded interest to everyone who had the regular non-promo transaction whether or not the account was charged interest. I received the interest refund and I was never charged interest because my account was corrected early. They are going to have to correct their corrections.
Oh my!

Thanks for the info. If Chase had only done this right the first time....

I got the letter and the interest refund from Chase, too. I also got an appointment for the vaccine later this week! I feel like I’ve spotted two unicorns!

Listening now to Walt Disney Company shareholder meeting. Question was asked about when DCL will restart operations. Mr Chapek responded that "Maybe by this Fall - limited operations of our cruise ships."

Listening now to Walt Disney Company shareholder meeting. Question was asked about when DCL will restart operations. Mr Chapek responded that "Maybe by this Fall - limited operations of our cruise ships."
Thanks - looks like my September bookings will end up cancelled.

That would mean the 2021 DVC MC will not sail. I wonder about the Magic‘s NYC, Bermuda, Puerto Rico Cruise .

Will the Magic come back to America?

That would mean the 2021 DVC MC will not sail. I wonder about the Magic‘s NYC, Bermuda, Puerto Rico Cruise .

Will the Magic come back to America?
I'm just waiting for the cancellation e-mail from DVC. Maybe we'll hear something by the end of the month.
My guess is the Magic stays in England.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter