2021 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! June 12, 2021!

Agree. I wonder how many staterooms are actually booked on the DVC member cruise.
I don’t think there are many....I got through on the phone lines too quickly on booking day. On the website when they were initially showing each cabin category & would update those when sold out, there were only 4 or 5 categories sold out & those were the ones with not many cabins to begin with. It never changed for several days until the site was changed to the four overall types of cabins we see today.

Sadly, I have to cancel because I will have an operation in May, and won’t be able to travel. I just learned about the issue yesterday. The lines at DVC are just cutting off, not even letting me wait. Will try again tomorrow.

Sadly, I have to cancel because I will have an operation in May, and won’t be able to travel. I just learned about the issue yesterday. The lines at DVC are just cutting off, not even letting me wait. Will try again tomorrow.
I’m sorry to hear about your surgery, I hope all goes well for you.
The DVC phones are crazy, I was on hold for over 30 minutes yesterday before finally giving up. Good luck getting through!

Checked back through the DCLBlog articles - the May 2021 sailings were removed from the DCL website for further bookings on February 12 and cruise cancelled on February 24. We are well past those dates for March. I’m hoping that was because of the release of the summer 2022 itineraries & they will be making June cruise decisions soon.

Sorry to hear about your surgery! Hope all goes well!

Hope all goes well with your operation and recovery.

Hope all goes well with your operation and recovery.
Thank you. Cancelling is not easy...people are talking about phone times to reach DVC. I have been cut off phone 3 times this morning so far. Fourth time now, at 20 minute hold. No idea if this will be successful!

DCL has no penalty for canceling this close. Initially, it would have meant 20% cancellation of money and points. We all got everything back.
Jill was the vacation club person. She was with me for over 30 minutes. We had to get Patricia on the phone. It all worked out!!
The operation should make my quality of life better. Not something I had planned on, but I am grateful it can be done.

Best wishes as you all wait for the cruise or cancellation!
Bobbi

DCL has no penalty for canceling this close. Initially, it would have meant 20% cancellation of money and points. We all got everything back.
Jill was the vacation club person. She was with me for over 30 minutes. We had to get Patricia on the phone. It all worked out!!
The operation should make my quality of life better. Not something I had planned on, but I am grateful it can be done.

Best wishes as you all wait for the cruise or cancellation!
Bobbi
So happy to hear you finally got through! I’ve been on hold with MS myself for 34 min now, my second call this morning. First one got thru after 20 min, they had to transfer me where I got dropped due to call volume. Called right back & am in the queue again, I can hold for about another hour then need to drop off - hoping it won’t be that long.

And thanks for the info about no cancel penalty. Maybe they are following DCL temp revised cancel policy of no penalty up to 60 days in advance of sale date. We are at 71 days today.

Got through, and I too have decided to cancel now rather than wait for DCL/DVC. We won’t get any FCC with the DVC sailing since it is a charter, and if it ends up rescheduled I’ll play the phone queue game again.

An unplanned opportunity came up last week for an AbD to Alaska with perfect travel dates that overlap this cruise. I put the deposit down, but PIF date is next week & with no word from DCL re June sailings, which I still will be surprised if they go off, I decided I couldn’t wait and then miss out. Also, with Alaska Airlines having a great sale thru this weekend on flights to Alaska, that clinched it for me. Alaska feels so right, where this cruise is still feeling too uncertain.

Hang in there, everyone! Someday we will member cruise again!

Got through, and I too have decided to cancel now rather than wait for DCL/DVC. We won’t get any FCC with the DVC sailing since it is a charter, and if it ends up rescheduled I’ll play the phone queue game again.

An unplanned opportunity came up last week for an AbD to Alaska with perfect travel dates that overlap this cruise. I put the deposit down, but PIF date is next week & with no word from DCL re June sailings, which I still will be surprised if they go off, I decided I couldn’t wait and then miss out. Also, with Alaska Airlines having a great sale thru this weekend on flights to Alaska, that clinched it for me. Alaska feels so right, where this cruise is still feeling too uncertain.

Hang in there, everyone! Someday we will member cruise again!
So happy that the ABD fits the bill for you! Alaska will be happy to have tourists doing land things!
What cities will be the bases for your ABD?

So happy that the ABD fits the bill for you! Alaska will be happy to have tourists doing land things!
What cities will be the bases for your ABD?
Yes, Alaska seems very ready after missing out on one and likely two cruise seasons. We start in Anchorage, up to Denali area, then back to the bay and Girdwood....areas DCL does not hit on their cruises. We are adding Fairbanks at the end for a couple of days,

Yes, Alaska seems very ready after missing out on one and likely two cruise seasons. We start in Anchorage, up to Denali area, then back to the bay and Girdwood....areas DCL does not hit on their cruises. We are adding Fairbanks at the end for a couple of days,
We did Princess land portion and enjoyed Anchorage and Denali. DSis did go to Fairbanks. It sounds wonderful!

i just checked out your itinerary...it sounds excellent !

Last edited:
Please mention here as to exactly when you find out that DVCMC is cancelled. Or also, mention when it’s rescheduled, please.

:boat:

I'm reading on FB this morning that someone called DVC yesterday and they confirmed that the 2021 MC is cancelled. No word on reschedule yet.

My September European sailing is no longer showing up in the DCL app this morning,,,,I expect more cancellations coming soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter