2020 Watch??

First time using a placeholder on board credit this week... If there is a 2 hour wait on the phone and there are certain cabins that I really want, am I able to book them online myself and then call my TA and have them apply the onboard credit or do I have to start with the TA?

I've been on hold with Costco Travel for almost 2 hours now. They are still on hold trying to reach DCL.

Bleh! :crazy2: Not entirely surprised though... I just called them a few minutes ago and am on hold to get my placeholder i booked w/DCL this morning first thing, transferred to Costco Travel.

I have a question, since I am Gold, I can log on to the computer tomorrow to get prices or do I have to call?

You can log in and book. If you are moving a reservation or using a placeholder you need to call.

Yes! What gilsan said! And you likely will have access prior to 8am EDT if it goes like this morning did. Good luck! :flower2:

I logged in before 7 AM Central time this AM (Platinum Day) and tried to modify my OBB for a particular 2020 sailing and had error messages (no matter which browser I used) for an hour and then finally was able to modify my OBB to the sailing I was wanting...so don't count on being able to get what you want via online w/o any issues. I called in and got into the hold queue shortly after 7 AM Central and was told the hold time was 25 minutes. @ About 45 minutes, I was finally able to get in via the website, so once I knew I was going to be able to modify it that way, I hung up. Very disappointing b/c the Cat. I wanted was no longer available for my sailing. :(

I logged in before 7 AM Central time this AM (Platinum Day) and tried to modify my OBB for a particular 2020 sailing and had error messages (no matter which browser I used) for an hour and then finally was able to modify my OBB to the sailing I was wanting...so don't count on being able to get what you want via online w/o any issues. I called in and got into the hold queue shortly after 7 AM Central and was told the hold time was 25 minutes. @ About 45 minutes, I was finally able to get in via the website, so once I knew I was going to be able to modify it that way, I hung up. Very disappointing b/c the Cat. I wanted was no longer available for my sailing. :(

Oh! I didn't realize you could modify an OBB online? How do you do that? I thought you had to call in?

I find it so strange that they open the computer, but folks with placeholders can't make a reservation until 8am.
Next time, I will make my reservation online and then call and add my placeholder, so I can get the room/category I want.
Maybe next go around, you will be able to add your placeholder online, come on Disney upgrade the system.

I find it so strange that they open the computer, but folks with placeholders can't make a reservation until 8am.
Next time, I will make my reservation online and then call and add my placeholder, so I can get the room/category I want.
Maybe next go around, you will be able to add your placeholder online, come on Disney upgrade the system.

I’m not certain that would work either... if I recall correctly the OBB is a reservation in its own right so you’d be merging which they can’t do - not just applying a discount.

I’m not certain that would work either... if I recall correctly the OBB is a reservation in its own right so you’d be merging which they can’t do - not just applying a discount.
If you just have a placeholder and not actual booking do you think you could make a normal reservation without the on board credit online then call the TA once they open or once you can actually get through? I hate the thought of holding w the TA for 2 hours while they wait to talk to Disney! Afraid the rooms I want will be snatched up during that time!!

I'm gold... logged in, logged out... cleared cookies... tried on mobile ios and my laptop, cannot get any of the new itineraries to load! It keeps circling back to "explore itineraries now" then just goes to a page where ALL cruises are shown with no filters for hawaii, 2020 etc. ugh!!

I'm gold... logged in, logged out... cleared cookies... tried on mobile ios and my laptop, cannot get any of the new itineraries to load! It keeps circling back to "explore itineraries now" then just goes to a page where ALL cruises are shown with no filters for hawaii, 2020 etc. ugh!!
Ugh I had the same problem. Even made a completely new account for DH who never had one before. Still no go. Finallybgot it to work somehow on an old laptop

Lots of website glitches yesterday for platinum users -- website crashed on me four times and then several times wouldn't list anything but January 2020 :confused3

If you just have a placeholder and not actual booking do you think you could make a normal reservation without the on board credit online then call the TA once they open or once you can actually get through? I hate the thought of holding w the TA for 2 hours while they wait to talk to Disney! Afraid the rooms I want will be snatched up during that time!!

You can but then you would have two reservations and a quandary about which reservation to keep. Your initial online reservation has taken a room you want out of inventory to boot and might get snatched up by someone else if you cancel it to try and grab it under your OBB reservation.

I was having some problems as well but no time to mess with it so I opened an 'incognito' (chrome) also called 'private' (safari) window and did everything there. I had to fully logout and back in later (website was glitching on me earlier) before it would work properly in a normal tab.

Lots of website glitches yesterday for platinum users -- website crashed on me four times and then several times wouldn't list anything but January 2020 :confused3

Sure happened to me a bunch yesterday. Not in the morning but by about noon I was hitting issues. Frequently.

Why do you have to be on the phone with the TA? Mine gets my info for what I want and then contacts me when she has the quotes.

I had and actual OBB sail date that can be modified online. If you have a Placeholder OBB only, that you MUST call in to turn in to an actual OBB sail date, if that makes sense.

HTHs! :)

That's what I can't figure out? I have an actual OBB sail date as well but can't seem to find the link to modify reservation? I can see change stateroom or make payment but nothing about modifying sail date. Where do I find that?

Thanks for your help!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter