2020 Tropical Storms/Hurricanes

Why are there two different maps?

Just as a FYI, so far early indications show it'll just be a Tropical Storm

So basically, just a lot of rain, and a little windy. Probably still wouldn't be a fun time to go to the parks because almost all the outdoor rides won't operate

Just as a FYI, so far early indications show it'll just be a Tropical Storm

So basically, just a lot of rain, and a little windy. Probably still wouldn't be a fun time to go to the parks because almost all the outdoor rides won't operate

I personally do not get worked up for anything under a 3, but even a TS can cause travel issues. Best to be aware if flying in and out this weekend.

We arrive this Friday @10 am . We leave 8/8.
Which park has the most indoor rides in case we catch a rainy day

We arrive this Friday @10 am . We leave 8/8.

hmm, Hollywood I think? Slinky Dog is the only outdoor attraction I can think of

MK could have Splash , 7DMT, Big Thunder all down

AK probably wouldn't run Everest, possibly the Safari pending wind and how heavy rain, and Kali River Rapids

Epcot wouldn't have Test Track

Has anyone been onsite during a TS or hurricane? We have TS booked at our resort Sunday and Monday night. If the storm does hit do they cancel and close the resort restaurants?

This is most likely going to be just a tropical storm, and when it is that far out, the track tends to change as it gets closer. There is not any reason to start changing plans at this point. Even if it does come into Florida, most things will be treated just like during summer thunderstorms. Outdoor rides close for lightning, or heavy/gusting winds. They will only close things as a last resort. Those tracking cones do more of a disservice than a benefit when you are more than 3 or 4 days out.

This is most likely going to be just a tropical storm, and when it is that far out, the track tends to change as it gets closer. There is not any reason to start changing plans at this point. Even if it does come into Florida, most things will be treated just like during summer thunderstorms. Outdoor rides close for lightning, or heavy/gusting winds. They will only close things as a last resort. Those tracking cones do more of a disservice than a benefit when you are more than 3 or 4 days out.

Yes we get posts like this in every hurricane thread. Common sense is best during hurricane season. No one knows what will happen until it actually makes landfall.

Yes we get posts like this in every hurricane thread. Common sense is best during hurricane season. No one knows what will happen until it actually makes landfall.

agreed, best to just keep an eye on it. Don't brush it off, but don't get worked up about it either.

I remember when Hurricane Michael was devleoping 2 years ago, it looked like it was going to just be a TS at landfall...then it turned into one of the strongest hurricanes ever to land (landed about 100 miles east of where I lived)

And on the flip side, people freaked out about Hurricane ...Dorian?(forget name) and it ended up being a fish storm for FL (I can't remember if it technically made landfall in the Carolina's or not)

MK is the best because of how close the attractions are to each other. Epcot and Animal Kingdom would be the worst.

I've been through 5-6 tropical storms and some where more damaging than a hurricane (combination of wet, flooded areas with sustained 50-73 MPH winds for hours and hours).

The projection, and I use the term loosely right now, is that the east side of the storm might come right up the middle of the state. The forecasters I follow indicate this is where tornado activity is much higher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter