2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Quick question for those of you familiar with booking with a TA. I’ve never booked this way before, but am coming late to the game.

I filled out the online form for hotel & 5&10k with Acclaim on Sunday. I’m still waiting for hotel & bib links. Given that last weekend was a holiday should I give it until next week before I try to call? I don’t want to bother them if they’re away on vacation. I’m pretty sure Acclaim has been used by runners on this thread.
Glad I called. Neither my hotel nor my bibs had been processed. Hope the rest of this goes more smoothly. I won’t ever again complain about the DVC advance registration chaos.

Last edited:
I am running the half. I just did my first 10k today to try to get a proof of time.

I ran in 1:08. Is that a good enough time to move up a corral? If it is, how do I post my proof of time? I promise I looked and looked and I can't figure it out! Maybe I'm still a little loopy from my run this morning. lol

I am running the half. I just did my first 10k today to try to get a proof of time.

I ran in 1:08. Is that a good enough time to move up a corral? If it is, how do I post my proof of time? I promise I looked and looked and I can't figure it out! Maybe I'm still a little loopy from my run this morning. lol

Last year I submitted 1:09 and I was in corral E. You can submit your proof of time by editing your registration.

Well I submitted PoT from my run this past Sat. I'm not a fast interval runner but did PR with a 1:20 so I'll take it. I have one more half before the cut off and should I do better than the pace I had for the 10k last Sat I'll edit my PoT but right now I'm just happy knowing I should have moved up at least one corral :) Progress is progress right?!?!

Well I submitted PoT from my run this past Sat. I'm not a fast interval runner but did PR with a 1:20 so I'll take it. I have one more half before the cut off and should I do better than the pace I had for the 10k last Sat I'll edit my PoT but right now I'm just happy knowing I should have moved up at least one corral :) Progress is progress right?!?!

A 1:20 10K converts to a 2:58:21 half using McMillan’s calculator.
https://www.mcmillanrunning.com/

You don’t need a POT for that estimated finish time. Just select the 2:45-3:00 estimated finish from the drop down box.

I'm just happy knowing I should have moved up at least one corral :)

Not from that time (which is 16 minutes faster than my last 10k, so I’m not judging except to be super-jealous). POT isn’t needed (nor used) until it matches with being faster than 2:45.

Keep training, and of you not 1:15 or 1:12, I think for your next race mentioned, that is when you will change your estimated time to the one that used and requires a POT.

A 1:20 10K converts to a 2:58:21 half using McMillan’s calculator.
https://www.mcmillanrunning.com/

You don’t need a POT for that estimated finish time. Just select the 2:45-3:00 estimated finish from the drop down box.

Not from that time (which is 16 minutes faster than my last 10k, so I’m not judging except to be super-jealous). POT isn’t needed (nor used) until it matches with being faster than 2:45.

Keep training, and of you not 1:15 or 1:12, I think for your next race mentioned, that is when you will change your estimated time to the one that used and requires a POT.

I know they aren't required and not used but it does make me feel better. :) I'll prob never be below 2:45 anyhow hahahaha.

Question/Feedback - anyone ever purchase the Race Retreat and think it's worth it? If yes, why? :)

TIA!
I have and thought it was worth it. HOWEVER, I would not do it again since they dropped the early expo entry which was what IMHO made it worth it. The race retreat tent is usually far from the start (corrals) and the food is average at best. It does offer a place to sit out of the elements and the porta potties usually have no line.

I know they aren't required and not used but it does make me feel better. :) I'll prob never be below 2:45 anyhow hahahaha.

But if you select 2:45-3:00 there isn’t even a spot to enter a POT. If you choose a faster time and submit a POT that doesn’t match/convert you can get bumped to the very last corral.

Question/Feedback - anyone ever purchase the Race Retreat and think it's worth it? If yes, why? :)

TIA!

I liked it when I ran my very first half marathon at 2017 PHM. I used the heck out of the tent after the race. I bought it this year for early expo entry and barely used it. I’m not getting it next year. I’d rather spend the money on brunch at California Grill.

But if you select 2:45-3:00 there isn’t even a spot to enter a POT. If you choose a faster time and submit a POT that doesn’t match/convert you can get bumped to the very last corral.

Hmmmmm...I know when I did the wine and dine last year I was able to still put a PoT and select after 2:45 however my friend registered me for this one as I was traveling for work so she's managing my registration. Guess I need to make sure she didn't say below 2:45 cause yeah that's def not happening lol Clearly this part is different in the new tool because I know I've never selected below 2:45 and have always put in a PoT for my halfs :)

Hmmmmm...I know when I did the wine and dine last year I was able to still put a PoT and select after 2:45 however my friend registered me for this one as I was traveling for work so she's managing my registration. Guess I need to make sure she didn't say below 2:45 cause yeah that's def not happening lol Clearly this part is different in the new tool because I know I've never selected below 2:45 and have always put in a PoT for my halfs :)

Things changed this year with Marathon Weekend registration.

This is what the page looks like when you select 2:45 or less finish time. You can see where you need to enter the POT.

A101B3A7-12A3-4AC6-8D13-EB5174779210.jpeg

This is what it looks like for over 2:45. There’s just a drop down box to select a finish time.

FD54D670-2EE2-43F6-BF25-64D890F38B22.jpeg

Things changed this year with Marathon Weekend registration.

This is what the page looks like when you select 2:45 or less finish time. You can see where you need to enter the POT.

View attachment 359234

This is what it looks like for over 2:45. There’s just a drop down box to select a finish time.

View attachment 359235

Thanks for sharing! I've asked her to request I can manage it now because yes she selected 245 and below. I need to fix that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!