2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by Bree, Feb 16, 2018.

1. scootersjunk

scootersjunk Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what the 2019 medals will look like?

2. QueenFernando

QueenFernando Earning My Ears

You will most definitely not be out of place. Last year there was a group of guys that were completely decked out as various princesses. Full on costumes. Long dresses. Mulan carried a full fan and everything. They were great! I think people took more pictures with them than the Disney provided princesses. :) Also, as we finished there was an older gentleman wearing a perfect princess sash cheering us on. It was the 10th running, so he had run all 10.

daisyray4 and scootersjunk like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. epcotgirl22

epcotgirl22 Earning My Ears

You will not be out of place at all. There are more women than men running, but there are lots of men, too..including my husband! Go for it!

ErinC and scootersjunk like this.
  5. Lovewinnie

Lovewinnie Mouseketeer

Just booked the snow white dinner at artist point during our race trip. FYI for those who are watching for this

bumbershoot likes this.
  6. sanibel93

sanibel93 ALL Ears

Just booked for the Wednesday before the race. After I booked the only times left are after 7:30pm on that Wednesday.

7. lovingeire

lovingeire DIS Veteran

I had it open to book this morning, but was indecisive and my BFF said she was fine with BOG (which we currently have booked) or Artist Point. But her one request was to eat at BOG so I figured we'd just stick with that and I'll book Artist Point in June with my family.

8. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

We won’t know until around December. Maybe.

9. BFD

BFD Just point me to the bar.

Does anyone know when/if the Fairytale Challenge usually sells out? I'm registered for the 10k and I'm thinking about upgrading. But my first half marathon will be the WDW Half in January, and I won't know if I feel like attempting another one until after I do it. Any possibility it'll still be open in January?

10. scootersjunk

Sounds like I have to be drag to fit in.

11. HomeiswhereMickeyis

HomeiswhereMickeyis When can I go back?

LOL! There are quite a few men who dress as Disney princes too. The "why are all these princesses chasing me" t-shirt always gets a smile from me too.

scootersjunk likes this.
  12. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Only with that group. I will tell you, though, that that group gets a ton of positive attention from women, so if that’s your thing, consider it.

There are plenty of men running at Princess.

13. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

It’s usually already sold out. I would NOT expect it to still be open after marathon weekend.

I haven’t fully trained for a few years (stupid injuries) but I’ve done a very hilly Seattle 15k the *week* after Princess for three years now. You’ll have a month in between.

And training for the challenge will help your January half immensely!!

BFD likes this.
  14. scootersjunk

OMG I might need therapy after the race. :D

15. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

I wouldn't count on it being open in January either, but I wouldn't have counted on it being open now!

BFD and bumbershoot like this.
  16. Repeates

Repeates Earning My Ears

Hi, we just signed up my husband and 21 year old daughter for the 1/2 marathon. The other 4 of us in the family will just be there to cheer them on : ) I am now looking at accommodations and am wondering if most of you stay right there at one of the Disney parks close by Epcot? I'm not finding a lot of options for a family of 6 at one of the Disney resorts. In regards to the race, is it better to stay at a Disney hotel than stay at an Airbnb / other hotel close by?

bumbershoot likes this.
  17. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

I wouldn’t bother insisting on an Epcot resort. You have to bus in to the start no matter where you stay. And you can only walk through Epcot to get back to the Epcot resort if you have tickets (and I’d you were planning on a different park that day then the tickets need to be hoppers).

Just know the morning is early if you’re coming in from offsite! Earlier than if staying onsite. But both work.

18. SunDial

SunDial Where Are The Umbrella Hats

I have been away from the boards for a little while.

You will have a good time. 2019 will be the 4th year running with my daughter during this race. Each weekend is a great father/daughter time together. Would not pass it up.

And she gets to pic the costumes that we wear. The first year she told everyone that she was going to put her dad in a tutu. That year the theme was The Little Mermaid. We also decided to reverse rolls. She was the dad and I was the daughter. It was the best father/daughter weekend ever.

IMG_20160221_093335.jpg

This was this past year. With Snow White the theme and since i had did my first Dopey Challenge. Yes we dressed accordingly. I was in another dress. We will be doing the same thing this year once we know what the theme will be.

This past Princess

wdw2018056944102006_8194415429_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

The group of guys that has been mentioned go by The Princess Men.

IMG_20180225_051844.jpg 0

19. SheHulk

SheHulk Smashing runDisney events

I’ll bet all your daughters friends are jealous that she has such a great dad!

SunDial likes this.
  20. scootersjunk

OMG THANKS FOR THE PICS! THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!

21. Madame

Madame DIS Veteran

Quick question for those of you familiar with booking with a TA. I’ve never booked this way before, but am coming late to the game.

I filled out the online form for hotel & 5&10k with Acclaim on Sunday. I’m still waiting for hotel & bib links. Given that last weekend was a holiday should I give it until next week before I try to call? I don’t want to bother them if they’re away on vacation. I’m pretty sure Acclaim has been used by runners on this thread.