2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

I just booked World Of Color dessert party for tomorrow night. I am so excited! Does anyone know if the dessert plate is holiday themed? We’ve only ever done a regular one. My daughter will be thrilled! We can’t do many of the night shows or fireworks because of my husband’s PTSD. But he won’t be joining us until the next day so I am excited to do something special like this for her before he gets there.

I just booked World Of Color dessert party for tomorrow night. I am so excited! Does anyone know if the dessert plate is holiday themed? We’ve only ever done a regular one. My daughter will be thrilled! We can’t do many of the night shows or fireworks because of my husband’s PTSD. But he won’t be joining us until the next day so I am excited to do something special like this for her before he gets there.
Here are 2 photos from last nights party. 20191108_201205.jpg20191108_201205.jpg20191108_200955.jpg

Folks, one of my favorite things to see at DL during the holidays is the making of the hand-rolled candy canes. But as many of you know, it isn’t something that happens daily. Here’s what I’m told is the 2019 schedule for DL and DCA. I’ll be at the park tomorrow and will look for the card that lists the dates to confirm.

Candy Palace at DL
November 29; December 2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20 and 24

Trolley Treats at DCA
November 30; December 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21 and 25

I plan to go at least once during the season, probably on a Wednesday.

How was the party and the holiday WOC?
The party was very nice. They started wrist banding everyone around 7:45 or so. They also assigned your table. You could tell them if u wanted a high or low top table. They started seating around 8:05 and brought your dessert plate right away. Then took drink orders. Liz was our server and checked back in on us frequently. I thought everything was tasty. I would have liked more crackers and probably could have asked, but it was busy. The show itself was amazing. Great song choices and all the animation, just Wow!! So glad I did it :)

I asked in the Christmas thread but I think my question got lost......would you happen to know how the Candy Cane line works on the 24th and 25th. I could be mistaken but it seems like they have EMH/MM both days at both parks according to the historical hour charts? Am I seeing that wrong? I don't want to waste that precious time in line but love the idea of getting a candy cane. If I remember correctly they usually do candy canes opposite parks of EMH. I am wondering how that works on Christmas Eve at DL and Day at DCA. We will have one MM with our 4 day hopper as we are not staying on-site. I hope my question makes sense. Lol Any advice on trying to get one ? Thanks!

Last edited:
Booked Dec 6-8. Haven't been to Disneyland in 4 years and during Holiday season in 7 years. Any tips on how to get onto the horse-drawn streetcar while the Dapper Dans are hanging on while singing? This is in the Top 3 things for us on the to-do list, but not really sure the best way to do it.

At the parks now. I’ve been here since rope drop. Taking a break in the grand Californian lobby.
Few thoughts:
- Christmas tree popcorn bucket has a long line. It wasn’t too long at the front of DL though. I was going to stand in line for my coworker but she said never mind so I left.
- Jack isn’t always in his Sandy claws suit! Today it was just his regular outfit
- it’s pretty hot! I’m able to tolerate it because it doesn’t seem too humid.
- it’s also very busy but wait times are manageable; most people are here for Festival of holidays, and merchandise. I assume it will pick up more by night time for fireworks and the parade.
- pork belly adobo is amazing just like last year 😋
- holiday hard cider from the Hollywood lounge is also yummy

There’s an area (it was right in front of us - in the first photo in my post a few back, the woman on the phone is in that area), but I don’t know any details of how you get in there.
I've seen guests ask CMs to let them in there. CMs allowed the guest on the ECV and one or two family members into the section. Not sure what happens once the section gets full.
ETA: There is more than one section for ECVs and wheelchairs -- I've seen at least one section on each side.
Thanks for the info! I'll be there for the week so I'll check with City Hall earlier that week to see what the process is to get a spot in the ECV/wheelchair section.

Another site mentioned that the Tree Popcorn Bucket was available on Buena Vista Street in CA Adventure. That is 100% False. You can only get it at Disneyland. I hate when people put up Wrong information. I came to CA Adventure today primarily to get it, and could not get into DL with my flex pass as reservations were full.

Can confirm the Tree popcorn bucket was long , ar noon waited nearly an hour but got it.
Due to miscommunication hubby didn't go to Golden horeshoe to get the sipper and it is now out resort wide :(

Can confirm the Tree popcorn bucket was long , ar noon waited nearly an hour but got it.
Due to miscommunication hubby didn't go to Golden horeshoe to get the sipper and it is now out resort wide :(
Is it only available at certain popcorn carts, and if so, which ones?

I got the jingle bell sipper at the refreshment corner at 3:16.

Last edited:
Will the Christmas tree popcorn buckets be restocked throughout the holiday season or once they’re gone that’s it? We don’t visit until December 7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!