2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

Back at the hotel now for the night due to an exhausting souvenir adventure today..let me walk you through my day.

Got off work at Midnight, slept for about 5 hours before driving to San Jose Airport. Flight left of time and arrived at 11:15am. About to get in an Uber and hubby realizes he forgot his backpack on the plane. I head to the hotel and he takes an uber after me.

Get to Fairfield Inn around 11:45am , check in immediately then head to parks.
No security lines or backup, see Christmas Tree buckets being sold at the Main Street popcorn cart in the hub , immediately get in line around 12:15pm. I stood in line just under an hour to get mine , they had CM'S restocking the whole time.

Out of line at 12:55pm , messaging hubby while in line I hear the Jingle ornament slippers are at golden horseshoe so tell hubby. He is getting the alien popcorn bucket so stays in that line then heads over to Golden Horeshoe. I go and grab Yeti Matterhorn POP before meeting him. Line is wrapped around to gift shop, he is about 20 people back when it's announced they sell out around 1:30pm. Decided to get a drink and the red Mickey Head light up glow cube anyway.

2pm we split up to drop off all our stuff as I head to Carthay Lounge for some lunch and drinks. I stop by award winners just in case but sold out of sippers. Sit down at Carthay around 2:15pm and heard Paradise Pier Surfside Lounge had some so he hurried over , but sold out. At this point I've basically given up.

3pm after a few drinks and delicious duck.confit empanadas at Carthay see another lead that Siopers are now at Jolly Holiday. Hubby again runs from GCH to Jolly Holiday and we finally got it.

What a day Haha, I admit it was annoying and stressful as crowds were heavy but arrival days can be hectic. It was worth it and tomorrow California Festival of Holidays we feast !20191109_170253.jpg

I asked in the Christmas thread but I think my question got lost......would you happen to know how the Candy Cane line works on the 24th and 25th. I could be mistaken but it seems like they have EMH/MM both days at both parks according to the historical hour charts? Am I seeing that wrong? I don't want to waste that precious time in line but love the idea of getting a candy cane. If I remember correctly they usually do candy canes opposite parks of EMH. I am wondering how that works on Christmas Eve at DL and Day at DCA. We will have one MM with our 4 day hopper as we are not staying on-site. I hope my question makes sense. Lol Any advice on trying to get one ? Thanks!

Yeah they do usually do the candy canes on opposite days so I’m not sure what the best advice is for this question! Do you have another day to try and get one that’s not an EMH/MM day?

Yeah they do usually do the candy canes on opposite days so I’m not sure what the best advice is for this question! Do you have another day to try and get one that’s not an EMH/MM day?

Those are our only 2 days to try for them.

Back home! Crowds for sure went up in the evening. The park was still magical though 😍 Have a few pictures. Didn’t have any crazy merchandise adventures. The only thing I really wanted was the jersey this year. And I have too many buckets so I need to stop buying those lol.
A few more thoughts:
- During Halloween and Christmas when there are so many popcorn buckets, they really need to staff the lines better. The popcorn line at town square in the morning wasn’t too long, but it was soo slow! I stood in it briefly but my coworker text me and let me know she didn’t want it anymore so I got out of line. Now I see how lines can be 2 hours for buckets.
- Small World Holiday is AMAZING with the new added scents
- Tried the Santa Cookie churro. It was yummy but it tastes similar to a regular churro.

Attachments

• 6DF2F530-E289-45A2-8368-491BB4CE9F6C.jpeg
    6DF2F530-E289-45A2-8368-491BB4CE9F6C.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 37
  • FDBC7395-0FD5-4E61-A0F1-F67D729D640E.jpeg
    FDBC7395-0FD5-4E61-A0F1-F67D729D640E.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 59B7F71F-8DB2-4125-B5DA-A0671B064DED.jpeg
    59B7F71F-8DB2-4125-B5DA-A0671B064DED.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 35
Can confirm the Tree popcorn bucket was long , ar noon waited nearly an hour but got it.
Due to miscommunication hubby didn't go to Golden horeshoe to get the sipper and it is now out resort wide :(
Glad you finally got all your souvenirs! I can totally relate to that kind of triumphant exhaustion. By the way, for anyone still searching, the sippers were available at Refreshment Corner tonight after fireworks.

Is it only available at certain popcorn carts, and if so, which ones?
I saw the Christmas Tree Bucket today at the Hub and at the cart by IASW. Don't know if it was available at other popcorn carts in DL. After fireworks, the IASW cart only had the Pluto bucket.

Has anyone bought the sip & savor pass yet? Is there an AP discount on it?
Yes, there is an AP discount and a special AP button, too (while supplies last).

Got our first ride on IASWH tonight -- magical! Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis is in the buildling! And all is right with the (Small) World...

Back at the hotel now for the night due to an exhausting souvenir adventure today..let me walk you through my day.

Got off work at Midnight, slept for about 5 hours before driving to San Jose Airport. Flight left of time and arrived at 11:15am. About to get in an Uber and hubby realizes he forgot his backpack on the plane. I head to the hotel and he takes an uber after me.

Get to Fairfield Inn around 11:45am , check in immediately then head to parks.
No security lines or backup, see Christmas Tree buckets being sold at the Main Street popcorn cart in the hub , immediately get in line around 12:15pm. I stood in line just under an hour to get mine , they had CM'S restocking the whole time.

Out of line at 12:55pm , messaging hubby while in line I hear the Jingle ornament slippers are at golden horseshoe so tell hubby. He is getting the alien popcorn bucket so stays in that line then heads over to Golden Horeshoe. I go and grab Yeti Matterhorn POP before meeting him. Line is wrapped around to gift shop, he is about 20 people back when it's announced they sell out around 1:30pm. Decided to get a drink and the red Mickey Head light up glow cube anyway.

2pm we split up to drop off all our stuff as I head to Carthay Lounge for some lunch and drinks. I stop by award winners just in case but sold out of sippers. Sit down at Carthay around 2:15pm and heard Paradise Pier Surfside Lounge had some so he hurried over , but sold out. At this point I've basically given up.

3pm after a few drinks and delicious duck.confit empanadas at Carthay see another lead that Siopers are now at Jolly Holiday. Hubby again runs from GCH to Jolly Holiday and we finally got it.

What a day Haha, I admit it was annoying and stressful as crowds were heavy but arrival days can be hectic. It was worth it and tomorrow California Festival of Holidays we feast !View attachment 451496
I have been looking for the red mickey glow cube. Do you have a photo please and where could I find it? Thank you!

For those of you who don’t want to spend extra money for the WoC Season of Light dessert party I would recommend going to the 2nd showing at 10:15. You don’t need a FP for the 2nd show and I showed up 15 min before it started and got a spot right down the center at the front. Friday through Sunday are the only days with 2 showings per night though.

I was so happy to see the SoL version again. It’s been 2 years since it’s been showed with WoC’s long hiatus a year ago.

I have been looking for the red mickey glow cube. Do you have a photo please and where could I find it? Thank you!

I don't have a closeup pic but it's in this pic by the alien feet. I got mine at golden horseshoe but lost all counter services have it on their seasonal placard.20191109_170216.jpg

I’m at Galactic Grill and they have the Mickey Christmas sippers available for anyone still looking for them (refreshment corner isn’t open yet - was excited to see them at GG!)

I've seen this story before. I waited in a non-moving line for over an hour while they restocked the Haunted Mansion buckets a couple of months ago. Sky high demand for them as people thought they would sell out. Eventually the hype died down, and they could be purchased without any wait at all. I'm guessing the same is happening with the Tree bucket & Sipper cup. I'm not going to panic, or revolve my life around getting one, and if the lines stay crazy, I'll just wait a few weeks.

I asked in the Christmas thread but I think my question got lost......would you happen to know how the Candy Cane line works on the 24th and 25th. I could be mistaken but it seems like they have EMH/MM both days at both parks according to the historical hour charts? Am I seeing that wrong? I don't want to waste that precious time in line but love the idea of getting a candy cane. If I remember correctly they usually do candy canes opposite parks of EMH. I am wondering how that works on Christmas Eve at DL and Day at DCA. We will have one MM with our 4 day hopper as we are not staying on-site. I hope my question makes sense. Lol Any advice on trying to get one ? Thanks!
I’m not sure about those dates in particular but we have been there on busy dates both when they used to hand them out on EMH/MM days and post when they did that and honestly if it’s important to you I say do it- it takes about 10 mins with a big line, less if you’re in front or lines are less. Typically we have seen less of a line at DCA, although last year the opposite was true. I’d try the first day you can and then you have a back up if it doesn’t come through- we’ve never had an issue getting as many as we wanted (our group of 4 usually only wants 2, but we could have easily gotten 4) and never using more then 10 mins tops getting the wrist bands- we also take the fun photo at DCA so add that into the time as it’s a fun photo oop (maybe 5 mins more if there’s any line and to give you plenty of time for several poses). We didn’t get the candy cane hype until we did it- now we get 1-2 every year and really enjoy the experience of it- if you’re just after the candy cane itself they have pre-made ones available all day with no wait or wristband needed- I’ve been told they are made off site and just as good but since 95% of it is the experience for us we go the wristband route (we’ve actually really enjoyed talking with others in line as we waited too).

Enjoyed another amazing Afternoon Tea at Disneyland. This was the Holiday Tea and it didn't disappoint. Everything was delicious and well balanced.

The teas I had were Gingerbread House and Pear Cobbler. Gingerbread House was the perfect Fall/Holiday tea with notes of all spice , clove and baking spices. Pear cobbler was sweeter with a finish of lychee and great with the desserts.20191110_132954.jpg20191110_135000.jpg20191110_134947.jpg20191110_141243.jpg20191110_135003.jpg20191110_141246.jpg

Enjoyed another amazing Afternoon Tea at Disneyland. This was the Holiday Tea and it didn't disappoint. Everything was delicious and well balanced.

The teas I had were Gingerbread House and Pear Cobbler. Gingerbread House was the perfect Fall/Holiday tea with notes of all spice , clove and baking spices. Pear cobbler was sweeter with a finish of lychee and great with the desserts.

Thanks for sharing all the photos! I've been so curious about what they'd be doing for this year's afternoon tea. Glad you had a great experience.

I’m not sure about those dates in particular but we have been there on busy dates both when they used to hand them out on EMH/MM days and post when they did that and honestly if it’s important to you I say do it- it takes about 10 mins with a big line, less if you’re in front or lines are less. Typically we have seen less of a line at DCA, although last year the opposite was true. I’d try the first day you can and then you have a back up if it doesn’t come through- we’ve never had an issue getting as many as we wanted (our group of 4 usually only wants 2, but we could have easily gotten 4) and never using more then 10 mins tops getting the wrist bands- we also take the fun photo at DCA so add that into the time as it’s a fun photo oop (maybe 5 mins more if there’s any line and to give you plenty of time for several poses). We didn’t get the candy cane hype until we did it- now we get 1-2 every year and really enjoy the experience of it- if you’re just after the candy cane itself they have pre-made ones available all day with no wait or wristband needed- I’ve been told they are made off site and just as good but since 95% of it is the experience for us we go the wristband route (we’ve actually really enjoyed talking with others in line as we waited too).

Thank you for your thoughts! We will likely give it a try! I just didn't know if they handed out wrist bands during the EMH/MM time or if it's not until official opening? We got 1 on our last Christmas trip in 2014, it was definitely fun to watch them make them right there at the store window!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter