• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Watch: All 2018 Itineraries are announced as of May 11th, 2017!

Oh, you can also book on your own and then transfer to DU - you will get the same shipboard credit and goodies but you MUST do this within 30 days.

Edit: it is half as much as if they booked it themselves - I was corrected below!

Last edited:
Finding a good TA is the catch here. I would not stay with a TA that waited until the afternoon to book me (unless I knew it was an unpopular itinerary unlikely to go up) I'd get another one. I have never once waited days working with DU (or anyone else for that matter) if that makes you feel any better. I HAVE been naughty and placed a hold on my cruise at the same time I have waited for their quote though - a habit that I quickly stopped since they had the same price as me both times.

Yeah, Dreams was about the only one who actually got back to me in a reasonable time frame, so that's nice. I was hoping for hidden portholes (the blocked 5000 ones on wonder) but I know they sell quickly so I doubt I'll get them. That's why I was curious about talking to a TA prior to them being released, I guess to maybe up my chances? idk. lol. I know I'm disadvantaged by being a newbie sailor.

Oh, you can also book on your own and then transfer to DU - you will get the same shipboard credit and goodies but you MUST do this within 30 days.
Oh really? That's awesome! I might do that then. We'll see. I wasn't sure if they would discount it down for not booking directly through them in the first place.

Oh really? That's awesome! I might do that then. We'll see. I wasn't sure if they would discount it down for not booking directly through them in the first place.

Well, they don't discount it down, they give you an onboard credit you can use on the ship... just want to be clear in case other people search for this and get confused by semantics! :)

Does look like it's going to be this week then

In the past I've gotten the notice on a Tuesday for booking Wednesday... it could still happen.

I thought you got a reduced OBC if you transferred the cruise to them after booking.

Well, they don't discount it down, they give you an onboard credit you can use on the ship... just want to be clear in case other people search for this and get confused by semantics! :)

In the past I've gotten the notice on a Tuesday for booking Wednesday... it could still happen.

Yeah but there is 4 different booking slots now and I don't think the General sale will be on a Saturday

If we want specific dates and to use a TA, what do we do? I want to use Dreams for the OBC, but there's not really an option for it on the website.. do I have to wait until they announce dates? I hate waiting and want to book asap

If you decide to go with a TA, just tell them what you are interested in. If those dates/itineraries aren't open yet, see if they take a waitlist (mine does) and then they just get the quotes on opening day. Unlike what a PP poster said about their TA, mine does call when the lines open first thing in the morning. They always manage to get me the category and itinerary I want. Unfortunately, so far I haven't gone through with any of them as the pricing was in the "knock your socks off" realm, but I keep hoping and they are very informative and patient with me. :thumbsup2

They may have changed the policy, but that's how it used to be.
No you're right. They give you half off OBC. So if you would get $150 for booking with them first, you'd get $75 for transferring. Etc.

I'll see if I'm able to snag the one I want day of. And send in requests that day to TAs. If I can't, I always have the fall back of the TAs.

If you decide to go with a TA, just tell them what you are interested in. If those dates/itineraries aren't open yet, see if they take a waitlist (mine does) and then they just get the quotes on opening day. Unlike what a PP poster said about their TA, mine does call when the lines open first thing in the morning. They always manage to get me the category and itinerary I want. Unfortunately, so far I haven't gone through with any of them as the pricing was in the "knock your socks off" realm, but I keep hoping and they are very informative and patient with me. :thumbsup2

I had the same problem and just emailed to their general email address. An agent then got back to me saying they would be my agent.

Last edited:
I really want the OBC to help cover tips.... A family of 7 is expensive...;)

Also, take a look at Costco. Their rebate is excellent. You don't work with a specific agent there . . . its whoever you happen to get when you call. My last cruise cost $5,300 and my cash card was $425. I think of them as a TA for "do it yourselfers."

Also, take a look at Costco. Their rebate is excellent. You don't work with a specific agent there . . . its whoever you happen to get when you call. My last cruise cost $5,300 and my cash card was $425. I think of them as a TA for "do it yourselfers."

We have looked at Costco. But it's not OBC, it's store credit :/
Also, we are silver, so would we still be able to book our "opening day" them? Are they the same as using a TA? Or you mean I have total control, they only book the cruise and give me a cash card to Costco?

:confused: So uh... dreams just told me they're "unsure if Disney will still be in Galveston in fall 2018".

Should I be worried??

ETA: I emailed a TA for them for info and they said they would add me to the list but were unsure if Disney would still be out of Galveston that fall.

:confused: So uh... dreams just told me they're "unsure if Disney will still be in Galveston in fall 2018".

Should I be worried??

ETA: I emailed a TA for them for info and they said they would add me to the list but were unsure if Disney would still be out of Galveston that fall.

The only guaranteed port is PC until schedules are announced. Galveston has been problematic and not a great seller so they may well decide it is not worth it to go back.

Should I be worried??

If I recall when they signed with Galveston it was a 5 year contract and that may be up. So they either have to extend or pull out if thats true - people have said they don't sell well but again, only Disney knows for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter