• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Watch: All 2018 Itineraries are announced as of May 11th, 2017!

We have looked at Costco. But it's not OBC, it's store credit :/
Also, we are silver, so would we still be able to book our "opening day" them? Are they the same as using a TA? Or you mean I have total control, they only book the cruise and give me a cash card to Costco?

Yes, store credit. However, up until this last cruise, they would cash them out for me. Not this time though. Oh well - I buy enough stuff there to use it up.

And yes - you can still book on your opening day. The rates won't be out on the Costco site yet, so you must call them and they will in turn call DCL to get you booked. Costco Travel is a travel agency, so they are your TA. Your res will reside on their site (you can login and see it), so you would just go through them if you need to make a change. Your cash card comes about a week or two after the cruise is over.

I can't figure out how to contact someone at DU without asking for a quote and I can't choose a cruise date/itinerary that isn't out yet (obviously), help?

I can't figure out how to contact someone at DU without asking for a quote and I can't choose a cruise date/itinerary that isn't out yet (obviously), help?
I would fill out the form for a quote for any cruise and in the notes/comments say that you really want a quote for dates that have not been released yet.

I had contacted them previously, doing the above, and got info to a worker there... It said "if you have any questions or want information on a different cruise, please contact xxx at xxx@xxx.com"
Today I sent them an email about it, and that's when I got told about them (possibly) not being in Galveston anymore.

^ Ditto - I got a response about 9 hours later confirming that transferred reservations get 1/2 OBB as Dug720 said.

Thanks. I've got butterflies in my stomach :bitelip:
I've received an email back from one TA, waiting on an email back from another company although it appears they offer the same OBC amount per spent. I like how fast the first was at returning my emails! That's a good sign.

I'm guessing itineraries will be out next week... :cheer2: *wishing and hoping and thinking and praying* (Did I get that song stuck in anyone else's head? :laughing:)

Anyone know where I can get a list of recommended travel agents for dreams unlimited?

I'm not sure if anyone replied to this for you. I don't know of any lists of recommended agents with them, although I'm sure people here could tell you if they recommend their agent or not. I think you are pretty safe going with whoever from there contacts you though, they seem to have pretty high standards. (Avid Dis podcast listener here and they talk about their agents on the Dreams Unlimited show quite regularly. I love the podcasters enough to be very trusting of their company and agents )

Thanks. I've got butterflies in my stomach :bitelip:
I've received an email back from one TA, waiting on an email back from another company although it appears they offer the same OBC amount per spent. I like how fast the first was at returning my emails! That's a good sign.

I'm guessing itineraries will be out next week... :cheer2: *wishing and hoping and thinking and praying* (Did I get that song stuck in anyone else's head? :laughing:)
I love your enthusiasm! I know exactly how you feel!! I usually book all our cruises myself, this is my first time using a TA. I contacted DU about a month and a half ago and was put on a list for when the new itineraries are out. The TA I have has responded quickly to all my questions. I'm a little nervous giving control to someone else, but am giving it a try (the onboard credit is the motivating factor). Hoping itineraries are out next week!

Well, I wasn't put on a wait list for new iteneraries, lol guess I should do that! Newbie here :rolleyes:

I'm DYING to know if they are going out of NYC in 2018....any guesses? I'd prefer only affirmative answers..LOL

I'm DYING to know if they are going out of NYC in 2018....any guesses? I'd prefer only affirmative answers..LOL

Many have posted how much they love the Magic leaving from NYC. We saw her last year docked next to us on the NCL Breakaway and I longed to be on her (she looked so tiny there). The first year they did it the prices weren't too bad, but since then I think their prices for a mere 5-night cruise are too high for us. I can do a 7-night in a verandah on other ships with more ports for less than an oceanview on a 5-night on the Magic out of NYC :confused3

I thought I read last year that they didn't sell well, but I would think they'd be popular because it saves many from flying -- even those in Canada can drive down.

I always meant to post this here as well. I did a search for Grand Cayman for the Disney Wonder for late 2018, early 2019 and this came up:

bildschirmfoto-2017-04-22-um-17-55-48-png.232644

I searched 9/1/18 to 3/31/19.

10/30 is a Tuesday, 11/5, 12/3 and 12/24 are Mondays and 1/6/19 is a Sunday.

Comparing this with the 2017 dates, this leads to the conclusion that there might be cruises out of Galveston again as it fits the 2017 pattern.

This would mean a 10/19 EBPC cruise from San Diego to Galveston (arriving there Friday 11/2).
11/2-11/9 a 7-night Western Caribbean (stopping in Grand Cayman Monday 11/5)
11/9-11/30 unclear
11/30-12/7 7-night Western Caribbean (Stopping in Grand Cayman Monday 12/3)
12/7-12/21 unlcear
12/21-12/28 7-night Western Caribbean (Stopping in Grand Cayman Monday 12/24)
12/28 and after: unlcear
maybe: 1/4-1/8 a 4-night Western Caribbean with one stop in Grand Cayman on 1/6/19 (Sunday). There is a similar itinerary in early 2018 with one stop in Cozumel and I think those are exchangeable.

In 2017 the Wonder is doing 7-night Bahamian cruises on the weeks she is not doing Western Caribbean, so this might be what she is doing in the weeks she is not at Grand Cayman.

(Thanks to @KalamityJane who helped me figuring this out over on the Galveston thread!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter