2018 Monthly Fee reaction?

Jim Ousley

Disneyfamilyof6
If.....DVC Raises the per point fee a lot for each resort what will happen in your opinions?

Will resale take a hit on price?

Will the market get flooded?

I have a feeling we might see a lot of fees similar to Copper Creek.

Biggest complaint I have seen for Copper Creek buy in is fee per point?

What do you think?

Resale won't take a hit. Not with "new" selling for $165-185, and aggressive ROFR.

If Disney lose their property assessment appeal, dues will rise fairly quickly. They are capped, but there will be a multi-year stretch of max increase or special assessments.

That said, DVC News posted the 2017 property appraisal values and millage rates just released by the OC property appraiser (http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...taxes-less-than-estimated-for-wdw-dvc-resorts), and estimated taxes look like they may be lower than budgeted. In fact, it looks like CCV's property taxes for 2017 will be over $1.50 per point lower than the amount budgeted. So if this data is correct, we might not see the tremendous increases in dues we've been concerned about - yet.

On the other hand, as a BWV owner I'm wondering why BWV's appraised value increased by 10% :headache: while BCV's didn't change.

Actual taxes came in below estimated taxes across the board and will be credited against the 2018 MF. If MF goes up it will not be because of taxes.

Assessments only effect the taxes, which is collected with dues but are not dues, so I believe there is no cap on that piece.

.....(snip).........Biggest complaint I have seen for Copper Creek buy in is fee per point?

What do you think?

According to DVCNews, DVD overestimated the CCV property tax component of the annual fees by $1.61. Had that not occurred (and I am not faulting them for overestimating) , the dues for CCV would have been $5.72 pp. That compares very favorably with the dues at BLT, SSR, PVB & VGF.

As already posted, Members will get a credit applied to the 2018 bill equal to the difference between the estimates and the actual amount of ad valorem taxes paid.

Question about fees. This will be my first time paying. Do they offer a monthly payment option? Does it cost extra to make monthly payments?

Question about fees. This will be my first time paying. Do they offer a monthly payment option? Does it cost extra to make monthly payments?

Yes, you can pay monthly but AFAIK by bank draft only, not by credit card (unless they've changed recently). It doesn't cost extra.

Yes, you can pay monthly but AFAIK by bank draft only, not by credit card (unless they've changed recently). It doesn't cost extra.

Yep. You set it up so it comes straight out of your bank account. When everyone else is paying the year's dues by January (?) you get to spread it out through the whole year. No fee.

i have been building up my Disney visa rewards dollars. can i use Disney visa reward dollars to pay the yearly fee for dvc?

lowering CCV dues $1.61 is a game changer
True. But, actual taxes are probably based on the construction value, so the assessed value of the resort will go up now that construction is complete. My guess is that the fees will end up close to those for BRV within a year or two.

I just purchased a resale contract. It was fully loaded so I paid for the 2017 dues in full at the time of purchase. So in January 2018, the full amount of 2018 dues will be due at that time? Then...I can also pay 1/12th of 2019's dues starting in January so they are paid by January 2019...or am I not thinking of the correctly??

I just purchased a resale contract. It was fully loaded so I paid for the 2017 dues in full at the time of purchase. So in January 2018, the full amount of 2018 dues will be due at that time? Then...I can also pay 1/12th of 2019's dues starting in January so they are paid by January 2019...or am I not thinking of the correctly??

In mid to late Dec you will get an invoice for the 2018 calculated dues. They are due by January 15 but not late until after Feb 14th. You can also set them up for monthly payments and there is no additional fees to pay that way.

Regarding pre-paying 2019 dues. If you really wanted to save up for them I'd just set up a savings account or plan on purchasing gift cards monthly in the amount you'd estimate the dues will be and then pay in DVC in Jan 2019. Or pay monthly for them again in 2019. With the monthly option there's really little reason to pay monthly for the next year too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter