2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

My TA was able to modify my two Standard rooms at POP for our 8/19-8/26 stay to free dining! I got the confirmation at 5:30 am this morning :) I'm a Disney Visa holder so we got 8/19 included. Good luck everyone, especially my Maine girls!

I am already booked at Grand Floridian, checking in on 11/20, checking out 11/27, so I should fall under the criteria for Free Dining. How do I add it/where do I find it? I see nothing on the website for special offers and on MDE, it keeps just sending me back to the home screen.

Free dining is based on ARRIVAL dates, so 11/20 is not an arrival that falls in that category. FD is for arrival dates 11/24-11/27. So no your dates don't qualify.

So we are traveling 11/24-11/30 and DONT plan to use free dining. Will it be miserably crowded and hard to get ADRs now?

The 24th and to a lesser extent the 25th will be crowded. Rest of stay should be light crowds in parks. Restaurants will be more crowded so ADR's will be more difficult. Were you able to get a deal that saved you more than free dining would?

Was anyone able to book Free Dining at Pop beyond Nov 30th? I was able to book Standard Pop Nov 24-30 but really wanted Nov 24-Dec 1st. Was wondering if it was ever available. I was on at 5am but had so many issues.

Was anyone able to book Free Dining at Pop beyond Nov 30th? I was able to book Standard Pop Nov 24-30 but really wanted Nov 24-Dec 1st. Was wondering if it was ever available. I was on at 5am but had so many issues.
I’ve heard several others say the same thing. Couldn’t extend into that weekend.

Can someone please explain this for me? First it says 5 night 6 day with tickets with parkhopper option, then it says 4 night 5 day with 4 day parkhopper minimum:
You can get a FREE dining plan when you purchase a 5-night/6-day non-discounted Magic Your Way package that includes a room at a select Walt Disney World® Resort hotel and a ticket with a Park Hopper® Option. A minimum 4-night length of stay and 4-day ticket with Park Hopper® Option is required.

It is ONLY 4 nights!!! I promise you. I booked 4 nights with FD this morning. The 5 nights/6 days on the offer page is an example NOT a requirement that’s why it says “Note: packages for other lengths of stay may be available.”
Thank you! :thumbsup2 That is really good to hear. I was shocked when I saw five nights pop up at fourish this morning. :eek:

I logged into website within seconds of FD going live and was unable to book 11/24-12/3 at Pop. This was the same experience I had when booking in prior years. After a few days or weeks Pop opened up and I was then able to book.

It took us forever to decide on POR and now it isn't included. Debating between CSR or AKL...my heart says AKL but is it really worth the extra $$?

I was wondering if that had anything to do with Pop Warner week taking up rooms. CSR was also not available in the time frame either, so maybe they're staying in that particular moderate this year (along with POP & the values)?

No you should not have to pay parking. They are grandfathering that in as long as you have the same reservation number you had when you first booked before March 21st
That is what I thought. Thank you and thanks to everyone for all of the great info. Now instead of anxiously waiting for FD, I am anxiously waiting for our vacation to get here!

Can someone please explain this for me? First it says 5 night 6 day with tickets with parkhopper option, then it says 4 night 5 day with 4 day parkhopper minimum:
You can get a FREE dining plan when you purchase a 5-night/6-day non-discounted Magic Your Way package that includes a room at a select Walt Disney World® Resort hotel and a ticket with a Park Hopper® Option. A minimum 4-night length of stay and 4-day ticket with Park Hopper® Option is required.
The 5 night/6 day part is an Example NOT a requirement. It is suggestive selling. That’s why it says after that “note: packages for other lengths of stay may be available”
The requirement is 4 nights

I think Disney was just gaslighting us into thinking you have to do five nights. I just looked and you can indeed select four nights rather than five. Sneaky buggers!

Hi just getting back on after a long night but has anyone heard anything if they opened up something for Disney Visa card holders?

My husband just called in to the reservation line, just to play around with our dates and see what they had available club level and he was able to get Boardwalk and Sugar Loaf at the Grand, for those 2 offers, the one at the Boardwalk was the same price as our Bounceback offer we booked at the Contemporary and the one at the Grand was 1500.00 more than our Bounceback.

Our Bounceback is for the Contemporary Club Level and he used the exact same dates.

Congrats to all of you who got what you wanted!!
November dates were so limited did anyone get Pop for November???
I got my dates changed but had a client really wanting Pop and no go!

I was wondering if that had anything to do with Pop Warner week taking up rooms. CSR was also not available in the time frame either, so maybe they're staying in that particular moderate this year (along with POP & the values)?

I had the exact same issue last year, I couldn’t book POP beyond the first Saturday in December. I was told it was a combination of Pop Warner allotment and the renovations, but since the renos won’t be an issue by that time this year - looks like it has more to do with Warner.

The minimum is really 4 nights. The 5 nights is just an example. I guess they hope people won't read the details and book a longer 5 night stay even if they weren't planning to originally. They have done this other years as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter