2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any of you are members of D23, the details of the annual D23 sip and stroll were released today. The date is October 22 and the cost is $130. Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 1 p.m. ET .

The price seems expensive to me for what you actually get.

OVERVIEW
Our fan-favorite D23 event returns October 22 in celebration of the 23rd Epcot International Food & Wine Festival at Walt Disney World Resort!

DETAILS
This year, to kick off the event D23 is partnering with Walt Disney Imagineering for a special Food & Wine chat inside the Spaceship Earth VIP Lounge. While in the Spaceship Earth VIP Lounge, guests will have the chance to taste some Cast Member- and fan-favorite items of the festival.

Each guest then will receive a $25 Disney Gift Card to “sip and stroll” some of the delicious offerings at the Food & Wine Festival throughout both the World Showcase and Future World.

Attendees are then invited to head over to the America Gardens Theatre for reserved seating at the 5 p.m. Eat to the Beat concert!

The event will culminate in a delightful dessert reception at the Italy Pavilion. D23 Members will mix and mingle in the moonlight while enjoying a variety of specialty desserts—the perfect setting to enjoy VIP viewing of Epcot’s stunning nighttime spectacular, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth!

Continuing the tradition, this D23 event wouldn’t be complete without an exclusive gift—created just for you and this year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival!

What’s sad is that Disney did something free for kids at food and wine and it’s full of adults.

Once Again Disney didn’t handle things well. They really should have a limited the number of adults

yeah, or did the spots just for kids (accompanied by and adults) .... or, as I know some adults legitimately wanted to do it maybe have some sessions for just kids and some for adults or something - heck do the kids ones during the day and the adults as like a Sushi Making and Wine class with a small fee or something

I’m not going to feel bad for taking two adult spots towards the end of the festival. My husband runs on skittles so when I saw how exciting he was when I mentioned it, totally worth it.

I wonder if they are holding back 3:30 for day of reservations or spots for walk ups.

If any of you are members of D23, the details of the annual D23 sip and stroll were released today. The date is October 22 and the cost is $130. Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 1 p.m. ET .

The price seems expensive to me for what you actually get.

OVERVIEW
Our fan-favorite D23 event returns October 22 in celebration of the 23rd Epcot International Food & Wine Festival at Walt Disney World Resort!

DETAILS
This year, to kick off the event D23 is partnering with Walt Disney Imagineering for a special Food & Wine chat inside the Spaceship Earth VIP Lounge. While in the Spaceship Earth VIP Lounge, guests will have the chance to taste some Cast Member- and fan-favorite items of the festival.

Each guest then will receive a $25 Disney Gift Card to “sip and stroll” some of the delicious offerings at the Food & Wine Festival throughout both the World Showcase and Future World.

Attendees are then invited to head over to the America Gardens Theatre for reserved seating at the 5 p.m. Eat to the Beat concert!

The event will culminate in a delightful dessert reception at the Italy Pavilion. D23 Members will mix and mingle in the moonlight while enjoying a variety of specialty desserts—the perfect setting to enjoy VIP viewing of Epcot’s stunning nighttime spectacular, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth!

Continuing the tradition, this D23 event wouldn’t be complete without an exclusive gift—created just for you and this year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival!

I don't know... seems worth it to me. Dessert parties will run you $70+, then the $25 g.c. leaves $35 value for the Spaceship Earth lounge with food and reserved concert seating. I'm not a D23 member, but if I was I would seriously consider this!

I’m not going to feel bad for taking two adult spots towards the end of the festival. My husband runs on skittles so when I saw how exciting he was when I mentioned it, totally worth it.

I wonder if they are holding back 3:30 for day of reservations or spots for walk ups.
I don’t drink any alcohol so having something that actually sounds fun to me is nice. No other events honestly interested me and I love candy. We only took two spots as two adults and it’s at the end of October. We are going to Japan in May so I thought this would be a fun thing for me and Dh to do.

From the Candy Sushi page: "Calling all candy fans! Sunshine Seasonsinvites kids of all ages to sharpen their itamae skills at Candy Sushi, a family-friendly culinary workshop that teaches attendees how to transform their favorite sweets into masterful maki- or nigiri-style rolls. "

Doesn't sound like it's only meant for just for kids. The wording actually sounds more encouraging for adults to be kids at heart. It even states, "complimentary for all ages."

I am bringing my kids, but don't think any adults should feel bad for wanting to book this for themselves! Heck, next year, Disney will do the same thing and slap on a $50 price tag regardless of your age. ;)

As long as the page is saying it's open to kids of all ages and as long as Disney itself is marketed as a vacation spot to families with children, no children and families of all shapes, types and sizes I refuse to feel bad for those who aren't as quick or as interested on this event as me. I called to inquire as to when they would first start to book this event, I actually woke up earlier to book it and called when I couldn't book it online.

So people can keep their negativity and their 'won't you think of the kids' attitude and I'll be here, happy that I booked a silly but cute candy sushi demonstration for two adults.

From the Candy Sushi page: "Calling all candy fans! Sunshine Seasonsinvites kids of all ages to sharpen their itamae skills at Candy Sushi, a family-friendly culinary workshop that teaches attendees how to transform their favorite sweets into masterful maki- or nigiri-style rolls. "

Doesn't sound like it's only meant for just for kids. The wording actually sounds more encouraging for adults to be kids at heart. It even states, "complimentary for all ages."

I am bringing my kids, but don't think any adults should feel bad for wanting to book this for themselves! Heck, next year, Disney will do the same thing and slap on a $50 price tag regardless of your age. ;)
And if it was $50, I probably would have still done it. :rotfl2: Disney just take all my money!

I was thinking I should enter via International Gateway on my arrival day -- I'll be Uber-ing over from AoA. I should hopefully be entering around 11:45, and I'm booked to go to a culinary demonstration at the Festival Center at 12:30. Now I'm rethinking entering via IG, as I would need to walk all the way around World Showcase. Would it make more sense to come in via the regular entrance? I'd have to bypass grabbing a snack or two as I walked, but I think that could wait until later.
For some reason I thought they won't allow you to be dropped off at BC/YC if you aren't a guest or you don't have a dining reservation. Would double check on that before trying this. (Fwiw I wouldn't try it anyway. There's a number of booths in FW now and there's stuff in the Festival Center you could munch on for F&W.)

For some reason I thought they won't allow you to be dropped off at BC/YC if you aren't a guest or you don't have a dining reservation. Would double check on that before trying this. (Fwiw I wouldn't try it anyway. There's a number of booths in FW now and there's stuff in the Festival Center you could munch on for F&W.)

We Uber to and from BC all the time for access to World Showcase without staying there or having a dining reservation and have never had any issue whatsoever.

You might be thinking of the fact that you can’t park your own vehicle there (BW too) without a hotel or dining reservation. Uber, Lyft and Minnie Van should all be fine.

I was thinking I should enter via International Gateway on my arrival day -- I'll be Uber-ing over from AoA. I should hopefully be entering around 11:45, and I'm booked to go to a culinary demonstration at the Festival Center at 12:30. Now I'm rethinking entering via IG, as I would need to walk all the way around World Showcase. Would it make more sense to come in via the regular entrance? I'd have to bypass grabbing a snack or two as I walked, but I think that could wait until later.
If you have the time you could enter through the IG, grab a few snacks near by and take the friendship boat from morocco to Mexico. I do not like the main entrance. IG is so low key.

We Uber to and from BC all the time for access to World Showcase without staying there or having a dining reservation and have never had any issue whatsoever.
We had an issue once this past march. I asked for a manage when we were finally let in and dropped off. He apologized and promised he would address the mistake.

There should not be any issue getting dropped off.

I also was able to get candy sushi booked this morning (online)...only 3:30 times were available but there was no availability yesterday so anyone who was disappointed yest. may want to try today! :flower1:

I don't know... seems worth it to me. Dessert parties will run you $70+, then the $25 g.c. leaves $35 value for the Spaceship Earth lounge with food and reserved concert seating. I'm not a D23 member, but if I was I would seriously consider this!
I guess I'm thinking about what was offered in previous years for the Sip & Stroll. Several of the chef's would walk around World Showcase with the group, providing details on some of the menu items at the kiosks. There was generally a lunch provided at the American Adventure with members of the F&W team who provided details on that year's festival. Also, the event covered two days, not one. More was included in previous years at a less expnesive cost.

I also was able to get candy sushi booked this morning (online)...only 3:30 times were available but there was no availability yesterday so anyone who was disappointed yest. may want to try today! :flower1:

I was just about to post this. I was able to get a 3:30 slot too!! (not on the day I wanted, but we can park hop!)

Thanks for saying something! I booked a 3:30 and cancelled my 5:30 that I had.

How did you do it online? I see it listed but I didn’t see a link to reserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter