• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Last year it wasn't until after booking began did they begin to release the remaining details of the seminars
When I was booking early last year, I knew what was being prepared at each culinary demo. And I certainly knew about the other special events. Perhaps they released MORE detail afterwards, but we weren't flying blind as to what dishes were being demo'd. I hope that if it's "next week" that means early on Mon.

Help! I'm feeling lost. Can anyone direct me to a comprehensive list/explanation of Party for the Senses 2017?

Last year it wasn't until after booking began did they begin to release the remaining details of the seminars
No, we had the details for the culinary demos and beverage seminars prior to when early booking started. For the beverage seminars, there is the name of the winery, beer company, etc and the type of beverage that will be presented, i.e. wine, beer, rum, tequila, etc.

For the culinary demos, there is the name of the chef, name of the restaurant, and the main ingredient of the dish, i.e. shrimp, chicken, pastry.

At this point, you know Disney has the information for the deminars. It puzzles me every year that we go through this waiting for details and then sometimes when the details are released, it's not accurate. This is the 22nd festival, you'd think they could plan this event without all of these issues.

No, we had the details for the culinary demos and beverage seminars prior to when early booking started. For the beverage seminars, there is the name of the winery, beer company, etc and the type of beverage that will be presented, i.e. wine, beer, rum, tequila, etc.

For the culinary demos, there is the name of the chef, name of the restaurant, and the main ingredient of the dish, i.e. shrimp, chicken, pastry.

At this point, you know Disney has the information for the deminars. It puzzles me every year that we go through this waiting for details and then sometimes when the details are released, it's not accurate. This is the 22nd festival, you'd think they could plan this event without all of these issues.
Maybe if they didn't change the coordinating staff each year things would be different. I think TIW provides over-site but the actual management for coordination & dissemination of info seems to change to whoever has moved up the ranks from other departments. So they flex their muscles & try to reinvent the wheel to put their personal spin on things rather than improving on the 20+ years of experience & past history.

Help! I know a link to all the dining events is usually on Page 1, but I'm not finding it. If early booking starts the 18th, I need to find a list to make my own list. So looking forward to this again this year.

Help! I know a link to all the dining events is usually on Page 1, but I'm not finding it. If early booking starts the 18th, I need to find a list to make my own list. So looking forward to this again this year.
Unfortunately, Disney has not provided the links to the events as in the past. Usually tables in wonderland members receive an email with the links to the various events and seminars. Those are the links I include on the first page of this thread. I will try to post some info on the initial page in the next or day or so.

I specifically remember you posting a pdf last year where several times said "To Be Announced" and this was after booking had begun

Unfortunately, Disney has not provided the links to the events as in the past. Usually tables in wonderland members receive an email with the links to the various events and seminars. Those are the links I include on the first page of this thread. I will try to post some info on the initial page in the next or day or so.
Thank you! Disney seems to be making it a little difficult to search for a list that would make it easy to pick the events.

I was kind of wondering about that too. Last year was the first year we got the glasses, but just out of curiosity how many years have they been doing it? Also, we had to keep track of our entrances. No one told us when we qualified, so it was up to us to count.
What do you mean having to keep track of your entrances? What do you need to qualify? Not just have AP?

What do you mean having to keep track of your entrances? What do you need to qualify? Not just have AP?

Yes, keeping track of the # of times you've entered Epcot. If I remember right, you were eligible for the glass after you'd entered Epcot 3 times.

Thank you! Disney seems to be making it a little difficult to search for a list that would make it easy to pick the events.

I did an update to post #3 on page 1 of this thread. Once you click on each link, you may need to click on other links once the page downloads in order to view specific information on the event. Sorry, not very user friendly, but hopefully this information will be beneficial to everyone who is planning to book this Tuesday.

Still no information on the culinary demos and beverage seminars, at least none at 3:30 PM EST.

Happy planning everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter