2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

meggs100

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I really, really, really want to do the Disney Princess Glass Slipper Challenge next year. Can anyone recommend a good travel agent to help me get registered and plan the weekend? I'm nervous the run will sell out and I'll miss out. From what I understand some travel agents are able to sell the tickets before they're offered to the public ? Is this true ?

Does anyone have any advice about the Glass Slipper Challenge Weekend ? I have a 4 and 6 year old daughters that would like to run in the kids fun run also. Does this typically sell out really fast too ?

Thanks in advance!

Hello! I'm glad someone started a thread for this! I didn't really want to start it myself since at this point I don't know what the chances are that I'll actually be able to make things work to go, but signing up for next year's Glass Slipper Challenge is definitely on my mind frequently, and I really want to do it. I need a RunDisney do-over after this year's Wine and Dine fiasco, and this is my first choice. If it wasn't for my job, I'd be there in a heartbeat with no hesitation whatsoever.

Answers to some of your questions:
-I think a good travel agent frequently recommended is Pat Stone from Acclaim. And I'm pretty sure it is true that they start selling, or at least taking names for, race entries before general registration opens. I'd plan to contact him sometime after this year's Princess Weekend is over to ask any questions. They're one of the travel agents linked on RunDisney's website.
-No specific Princess Weekend advice, since Wine and Dine is the only event I've done and it's the smallest event weekend. Will this be your first RunDisney weekend in general? If so, be prepared for crowds at the expo when it first opens, and plan to go early if you want any specific merchandise. Also, if you stay at a Disney resort, you'll need to get a bus to the starting lines really early as well.
-As for the kids' races, I think some of them have sold out pretty fast, but if you're on to register at the time registration opens, I don't think it should be a problem. Especially if it's the only registration you have to make if you get the GSC through a travel agent, since people will be going for the other races first.

I hope that helps! Hopefully someone else will chime in with anything to add/correct. :)

Thanks for all the information :) This would be my first Disney Run and I'm really excited ( especially after seeing all the posts about the upcoming Disney Princess Run Weekend )! Do all of the Disney Resorts bus to Epcot for the runs ? Are any resorts better than others for people racing ?

And how does one get to the ESPN Sports Complex for registration pickup? Do you have to go to one of the All Star Resorts first or can you get directly there?

Thanks again :) !!

For Princess weekend, yes, all the resorts are "host resorts", which means they have transportation to all the race related events. So they have the buses to the starting line, as well as from all the resorts to the Wide World of Sports for the expo. No need to go to All-Stars. I don't think any resorts are better than others for runners, other than proximity to Epcot being better for after the races. But those resorts are more expensive, so if cost is a factor, the value resorts like All-Stars and Pop Century are both perfectly fine.

Can anyone recommend a good travel agent to help me get registered and plan the weekend?

I'll plug Acclaim Travel as well.

Though I'll tell you that on this year's Princess facebook page (it's closed, but you just ask to join and they'll let you in) there were several TAs popping up saying they had more bibs. Even just a few days ago there were some TAs saying they had GSC bibs.

I liked using Acclaim but it was before they required the hotel stay. I don't like being forced into a hotel stay or a ticket.

Do all of the Disney Resorts bus to Epcot for the runs ?

For Princess (and the January marathon weekend) all onsite resorts are Host resorts. So they will have race-related transportation, and that includes the expo.

How does acclaim work? Are you guaranteed a bib if you go with them? What if there are multiple runners?

Thinking of doing the glass slipper challenge but a little nervous about the HM. I did the princess 10k last year. Maybe when I get in better shape I won't be as worried about being able to do it. I booked it all myself online but I worry I will miss out also since they sell out so fast.

How quickly do these things tend to sell out? I'd like to try the Glass Slipper Challenge in 2017, if I'm online as soon as registration opens to the public, will that be enough?

I have wanted to do this race for years. Lost 150 lbs this year and am finally in running shape to live out my princess race dreams in 2017 :thumbsup2 I've never done a runDisney event so it would be a first for me. Exactly how quickly do the tickets sell out? I'll go through a travel agent if that's the only way to get one, although I'd rather just do it myself, if possible. Thanks for any info!

I have wanted to do this race for years. Lost 150 lbs this year and am finally in running shape to live out my princess race dreams in 2017 :thumbsup2 I've never done a runDisney event so it would be a first for me. Exactly how quickly do the tickets sell out? I'll go through a travel agent if that's the only way to get one, although I'd rather just do it myself, if possible. Thanks for any info!

You can book it yourself online but just need to go on when it opens because it sells out fast. 150lbs!!!!! Wow that is amazing! WTG! I am working on a big chunk of weight myself right now.

You can book it yourself online but just need to go on when it opens because it sells out fast. 150lbs!!!!! Wow that is amazing! WTG! I am working on a big chunk of weight myself right now.

Ok, yay! I can be on right when registration opens up, I think. We are planning to make a special trip down just for the half marathon and make a lovely vacation out of it :o I've wanted to run it for so long, my husband said we would make it happen (he's awesome like that!).

Thank you so much! It has been...such a journey. I still get overwhelmed sometimes, thinking about it. So much work and sadness and happiness and struggle...so many emotions! Keep it up, you can do it! It's so worth it. Especially for dreams like running the Disney Princess half marathon!!! princess:

150lbs?! That's awesome! This will be my first runDisney event as well and I'm so nervous about not being able to secure a spot when tickets go on sale. I've been told to just be waiting at your computer!

150lbs?! That's awesome! This will be my first runDisney event as well and I'm so nervous about not being able to secure a spot when tickets go on sale. I've been told to just be waiting at your computer!

Thank you!!! Losing an entire person is a lot of work, lol :thumbsup2 I'll be at the computer right when the tickets go on sale with my fingers crossed!! I hope we're both able to get one :o cheers!!!

Do we have a registration date? Or have prices been released yet?
Registration opens July 12, 2016...1-2 weeks earlier for DVC members and AP holders.

run-disney-calendar-2016-17.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!