2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only done free dining last year when it released to the general public and booked online. If it opens up to Disney card members tomorrow, how long should I expect to be on hold?

I have to wake up at 4AM since I'm on PST and get kids off to school before work at 8am. Maybe I'll have time to take a shower? :)

So I just learned my TA is in the hospital until the 22nd and wont be checking email until then. We have supplied them with our DV info, etc... and were hoping to get FD. Any clue as to what I should do if it is released tomorrow?

Oh poo! So it won't show on the limited time offers page for visa holders? I thought it would show, but we had to call to book.

So I just learned my TA is in the hospital until the 22nd and wont be checking email until then. We have supplied them with our DV info, etc... and were hoping to get FD. Any clue as to what I should do if it is released tomorrow?

I'd book a second one if you want to make sure you get your first choice. You could always cancel your TA booking and then transfer your new one across to your TA... but that's just me.

Well I guess if you immediately booked and put your deposit on it then that means that Chase gave you your card number there on the spot? I did not know you could get the number from Chase over the phone, but as long as you have the card number, expiration date, and security code then I don't see any reason you would not be able to take advantage of an early release since if you have those then they would not know whether you actually have the card in hand or not.

No, it Let me book and use my card right then for the deposit, but they didn't give me a card #. That really sucks I will lose out :-(

No, it Let me book and use my card right then for the deposit, but they didn't give me a card #. That really sucks I will lose out :-(

I don't have a DV so I don't know how all this works, but if you put your deposit down with it, wouldn't Disney have your card info on file? I'd think if you gave them your reservation number they'd be able to tell you paid with a Disney visa

I may not be understanding your situation correctly, but if you put your deposit on the card, won't that fulfill the DV requirement? Even if you have to modify dates/resorts the deposit will still be applied. You shouldn't have to put any additional money down.

I may not be understanding your situation correctly, but if you put your deposit on the card, won't that fulfill the DV requirement? Even if you have to modify dates/resorts the deposit will still be applied. You shouldn't have to put any additional money down.
Even if you have a reservation booked with Disney Visa, I believe I saw someone mention that you need to put another $200 deposit down.

I've got all of my numbers and notes ready for morning in case I have to call! Eeek, this is so exciting! :mickeyjum:goofy::donald::dumbo::simba::stitch:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

So after midnight, sleep is a good idea for everyone. But be ready 6:30 if you DVCH

I've only done free dining last year when it released to the general public and booked online. If it opens up to Disney card members tomorrow, how long should I expect to be on hold?

I have to wake up at 4AM since I'm on PST and get kids off to school before work at 8am. Maybe I'll have time to take a shower? :)
Last year, I was on hold for so long, I had time to BUILD a shower!

So if the FD is released to DV cardholders tomorrow, do we call the Disney number or is there a DV number to call?

...Sorry, I am new to this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter