2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: September 14 - November 14, 2016

The beer change happened last year. But I do know that I will be trying a lot less wine this year.

Can't wait to hear about tonight's PFTS. I really enjoyed it last weekend

We went to a local event recently. There was not one food item under $10 and they were the same size as Disney

Just exiting PFTS. Amazing! Possibly best one ever! One nitpick - if you are switching to a band/dj format- have a dance floor!!!

So we had to cancel our Food & Wine festival trip this year due to cancelled flights (twice). The good news is we're not only planning on going next year, but we're going for the Flower and Garden Festival next spring!

There were way too many tables as it was-many reserved sat empty all night. And the set up was bad with the wine view tables all the way in front of the stage. Left only one small way to get through to back of the room.

I'm so glad I didn't pay for reserved seating. There were plenty of tables available plus the portions are so small that you will finish your food before you sit

We have been here a few days. Getting ready to head over to Party for the Senses. We've had a good time but I really have to say this year has been a disappointment. No "wow" items for us, although most things have been good to very good. Prices have really gotten out of control especially for the little splashs of wine and beer (at most a very "light" 2- 3 oz). $4-5 is average and it's really just not worth it. If I remember, the wines used to be $2.50-3.50 average for that small tasting glass which was where it should price. I don't remember the beers ever coming in those tiny glasses except when buying a flight. I remember getting a full 10 oz (?) cup of beer for the $5-6 maybe $7. Not a tiny tasting cup for $5. Food was overpriced as well- most tastes were $5-6 which seemed too high for the small portion. But the food didn't feel as out of whack to me as the wine/beer. The drinks at $9-10 for a tiny cup (6oz?) were also ridiculous. We were also disappointed that most were pre-made and sitting out. Yes, a margarita on the rocks sitting there with the ice melting for $9.50 for a 6oz Dixie cup! I don't think we'll make this an annual thing anymore- every few years is sufficient. Maybe not even.Crowds seem high but even so, no huge long waits for booth items. China, France, Caribbean and Mexico seem to have the longest lines.
This is why after many years at food and wine I am done - I just dont see anything to bring me back to Disney for several years.

We bought the 16 voucher package (split between 2 of us) simply to say that we did it, I'm very glad that we did because we fell in love with some drinks that averaged 8.75-10.50 a piece. Over the course of 3 visits to F&W we saved around $50.

The pin was cute to have as a souvenir even though we don't really collect pins.

We also did the ratatouille scavenger hunt which was so much fun even as adults lol

My Favorite drink:

Frozen Szarlotka Apple Pie featuring Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka in Poland

GF's Favorite Drink:

La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron Vodka, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice in France

Our Favorite Food:

Filet Mignon with mushrooms & truffle butter in Canada

Also we attended a culinary demonstration and wine seminar and highly recommend!

What is the cost of the 16 voucher? Can you find any foods worth the voucher or only for expensive drinks? This is our first f & W. Thank you

What does something like that cost? This is our first F & W.

$7.25 for this dish. There are complete menus with prices on WDWinfo and other Disney fan sites. Try googling "2016 epcot food and wine booths menus prices" and many have photos of the dishes as well.

This is our first F & W and our first AP. It is just a souvenir glass to carry home, or you can get it filled somehow? Thank you!
Just a souvenir to take home.

What is the cost of the 16 voucher? Can you find any foods worth the voucher or only for expensive drinks? This is our first f & W. Thank you

including tax it is $116.09. I don't place any value on the pin included with this as I would not otherwise buy a pin, so the value to me for each sampler tab is $7.25 ($116.09/16). I think there are 3 food items that are not a "loss" of value by using the tabs - the lamb dish above, the steak at the Canada booth, and the lobster roll from the America booth. I used my sampler entitlements entirely for cocktails and was able to save some money versus paying for them out of pocket.

Have a great first trip to F&W! I think you will love it.

As the PP said - it is really only worth it for the drinks - and those higher priced food items. there are several discussions on that earlier in the thread.
Although I would not have purchased the pin - it is a nice souvenir - better than the coin that comes with the 200 gift cards,

This is why after many years at food and wine I am done - I just dont see anything to bring me back to Disney for several years.
My husband and I don't find the booths to be a big draw, but we do love the special events, especially the lunches in France and Italy. Lots of food and wine and great service. We are trying the Moroccan Mediterranean food and wine pairing at Spice Road Table this year.

My husband and I don't find the booths to be a big draw, but we do love the special events, especially the lunches in France and Italy. Lots of food and wine and great service. We are trying the Moroccan Mediterranean food and wine pairing at Spice Road Table this year.

I agree that the special events are great, you'll enjoy the Mediterranean one, I was there the first week and loved it. Did it last year as well. I actually enjoy the booths, although it's not always the best food I've had, it's fun tasting different things. I didn't do many of the drinks this year as I had a wine seminar every day and that just about hit my wine limit (I'm light weight) it was just too hot when I was there to drink alcohol.

I agree that the special events are great, you'll enjoy the Mediterranean one, I was there the first week and loved it. Did it last year as well. I actually enjoy the booths, although it's not always the best food I've had, it's fun tasting different things. I didn't do many of the drinks this year as I had a wine seminar every day and that just about hit my wine limit (I'm light weight) it was just too hot when I was there to drink alcohol.
Thanks, We do enjoy trying things at the booths, but we wouldn't go just for the booths. I am a lightweight too.

My wife and I love the booths. We were there last month when the heat was unbearable, and we left midday to escape the heat. We missed a few of the booths, so we just booked a one night stay in November to visit the booths we missed previously.

The food was good just ridiculously overpriced.

We enjoyed the 2 nights we just spent at Disney Springs much,much better. Great entertainment and awesome food. Art Smiths Honecoming, Morimoto and the Boathouse were all excellent and reasonably priced (especially with AP discount) for the portions & quality. And, OMG on Amorettes patisserie. Best pastries I've ever had! This little cake may very well be in the short list for best dessert of my life!

Attachments

• IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 25
So we had to cancel our Food & Wine festival trip this year due to cancelled flights (twice). The good news is we're not only planning on going next year, but we're going for the Flower and Garden Festival next spring!
I'm right there with you, I had to cancel because of the damage that my house sustained from Hurricane Matthew. I really needed a Disney vacation this year but its just not going to happen. At least on a positive note, I start planning for 2017!

I did really enjoy the two events I did this year - Trader Sams and Morimoto.

I'm not sold on some of the other events - I've had very mixed experiences in the past - especially when they started using mostly Disney chefs.
The two I would do again that are no longer offered - Dinner at Blue Zoo with Todd English and the late night at Epcot food and Wine.

The booths were nothing special and overall disappointing so that will not bring me back.
Considering what you pay for admission the price of the items and drinks is a bit over the top.
The seminars I did were really just product commercials - so unless the actual brewer\distiller\winemaker is there I cant see doing them in future.
paying $15 for an infomercial just isn't worth it - especially since the product provided varies as well.
Some seminars are three full shots - others are pretty skimpy - it's not like they are pouring 30 year old scotch that cost $150 a shot - it's typically standard stuff. I was very annoyed by the 1/3 a shot of the anejo tequila (as I've mentioned before).

Although Ill be in Orlando (at Universal for HHN) during F&W next year I can rationalize the price of Epcot admission on top of the cost of the seminar to go over for a day and do one of the events unless it is something truly unique - for example the Mix it make it Celebrate with Morimoto - that's not something you can do every day and is truly unique - but adding Epcot admission on top of that for one day I cant see it.

I might consider the Trader Sams event since that is at the Polynesian and I would not need Epcot admission - that was very nice - it's just unfortunate it was so early in the day and you cant stay and have another drink since it ends around 2 and they dont open till 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter