2016 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR

Well, you know (as I do) that Disney has not announced that BTRBBQ is closing, so you know there is not a link.
Frankly, no, I did not know if there was a link to something official or not. Information can be released at all times and it's possible that something may have been announced and I had not yet seen. I didn't see the Frozen announcement on the Parks Blog until after you'd mentioned in your post. It was possible that something about the BBQ's last date was finally announced between the last time I checked something and when you posted about in this thread. So, I was just checking to see if you'd seen something that finally gave an official end date. I do know that Disneyland has been confirming the closure of the BBQ on their various social media platforms, but they have not yet given a date the last time I checked.

Not every bit of info is going to be delivered via an announcement to the public, and quite frankly -- depending on where the info is posted/located -- I don't think that everything should be linked. I have purposely avoided linking some things for various reasons. Some things are discovered and official but not announced. They also did not announce that the Star Wars Launch Bay would start on October 11th, but I found that on my own -- no announcement needed -- though it could always change.
This is where you and I disagree. I think things should be linked to the original source if possible so that people can judge for themselves if something is a rumor, tentative, or official.

Frankly, no, I did not know if there was a link to something official or not. Information can be released at all times and it's possible that something may have been announced and I had not yet seen. I didn't see the Frozen announcement on the Parks Blog until after you'd mentioned in your post. It was possible that something about the BBQ's last date was finally announced between the last time I checked something and when you posted about in this thread. So, I was just checking to see if you'd seen something that finally gave an official end date. I do know that Disneyland has been confirming the closure of the BBQ on their various social media platforms, but they have not yet given a date the last time I checked.

This is where you and I disagree. I think things should be linked to the original source if possible so that people can judge for themselves if something is a rumor, tentative, or official.

I just take it on a case by case basis, really. I link lots of things as you know, but there are some things I won't link and some sources I won't reveal, or some specifics I won't give. Some things are totally okay to link, and some are not. Some sources are okay to reveal and some are not. I just use my discretion and judgment. I represent this forum/board as one of the team members here, so I have to think carefully before I reveal where and how info was released. I will share the info I learn (because it's usually not really anything that juicy or unexpected :lmao:), but I may not always say who told me or where to find whatever it is.

Found the Parks Blog piece on Frozen/Aladdin. I know there have been a lot of rumors and CMs saying BTMBBQ is closing, but has Disney official announced it yet? I'd like to include the link if they have.

D23 does seems to usually run every other year, but at this point there hasn't been any word about whether there will be one in 2016 or not. I figure it's better to list it as a possibility, and then remove it when it becomes clear that it won't happen. I'll note that it might not happen this year.
In my previous post, I should have said thank you for your hard work in compiling all of this information for us. It's very appreciated!

Thanks for the info!

Planning a trip next May:
Would it be better to go the week of May 16-20th or May 23-27 for less crowds?
I see several school districts last week is May23-27. thanks

I don't think there is going to be a huge difference between those two weeks, except perhaps on Friday, May 27th. While we don't know the parks' schedules yet, for the last few year's they've used the Memorial Day weekend as the kick-off to the summer season. They've had the 24-hour day on the Friday before Memorial Day (so, if that pattern holds true, the 24-hour day/kick-off to the summer would be on Friday, May 27 in 2016). I think Mon to Thu is going to be relatively the same between the two weeks, but the second Friday will be markedly more crowded (if it's the 24-hour day and the kick-off to summer).

Thank you figment_jii, I know this is a tremendous undertaking to research, compile and share this info. For extreme early planners such as myself (planning a last week of Sep 2016 trip) I cannot thank you enough!

Great info. Planning a first time trip next August. Would there be a big difference in crowds between the week of the 14 and the week of the 21st? Thanks!

Will you be getting the dates for Grad nights of May 2016 soon? thanks so much

Will you be getting the dates for Grad nights of May 2016 soon? thanks so much
I know that the dates for Grad Nites have been posted on several unofficial sites already, but I was waiting until something showed up on one of the official channels. This was one of the sites with the dates posted. For the official information, I've been watching Disneyland Resort Grad Nites and the Facebook page. I'll add them to the main list, but with a tentative/unofficial designations to be safe.

'ello!

I just wanted to let you know I was looking at that goth day they have (and discovered its called Bats Day)

Wasnt even sure if it was still a thing, but their website has it listed as April 21 - May 1 2016
Just thought I'd let you know! :)

PS: Anyone know what kind of impact this has on park crowds?

You might want to add the NCAA West Regional Basketball tournament (sweet sixteen and elite eight) will be March 24 and 26 at the Honda Center in Anaheim. That would bring in more people, especially since that is Easter Weekend.

This calendar is fantastic, thanks for all your hard work putting this together!

I noticed that SoCal APs are blocked on Wednesday and Thursday, June 22-23 2016, which made me think something was going on since it's before the extended summer block for those passes. But I don't see anything listed on the calendar, nor anything on the Anaheim Convention Center calendar. Any theories as to why they would block those midweek days? Looking at a possible trip at that time, but trying to avoid big events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter