2016 Bounceback Offers

drea21

Mouseketeer
So I think I already know the answer to my question, but just want to double check. We are going to WDW end of July/early Aug. coming home on Aug. 4th. January 2016 bounceback offers aren't going to be out yet, are they? Does it make any sense to call the number in hopes that the brochures just aren't out, or are they just plain old not available yet?

This upcoming trip is a bounceback from our January '15 trip and I really wanted to get something booked for next January and having the patience waiting for the AP discounts is killing me!

Thanks!

Last year the 2015 bounceback offers came out around the middle of October. But it doesn't hurt to call when you are there to see if the 2016 are available.

Last year the 2015 bounceback offers came out around the middle of October. But it doesn't hurt to call when you are there to see if the 2016 are available.

Thanks! I guess I will call just to see what they say, wish it was a rolling promotion and not by calendar year!

Last year, mid-late August, the BB offer was either a room only for the remainder of the same year or FD starting later in August the following year. Then it wasn't until mid-October, as Wood Nymph stated, that 2015 R/O BB discounts came out.

Last year, mid-late August, the BB offer was either a room only for the remainder of the same year or FD starting later in August the following year. Then it wasn't until mid-October, as Wood Nymph stated, that 2015 R/O BB discounts came out.

Thanks, that's helpful! Looks like I will be waiting for general/AP discounts for January!

Can bounceback bookings be modified later? We'll be at POR late August this year and will want to book for late July/Aug next year. If those dates are not out yet, can I book whatever is available before I leave, and then change it from home later when the new dates are out?

Or would looking for AP discounts be a better option (not had an AP for ages, but will have one for this year and the 2016 trip)?

Andre

Last edited:
Can bounceback bookings be modified later? We'll be at POR late August this year and will want to book for late July/Aug next year. If those dates are not out yet, can I book whatever is available before I leave, and then change it from home later when the new dates are out?

Or would looking for AP discounts be a better option (not had an AP for ages, but will have one for this year and the 2016 trip)?

Andre
The BB that you will be offered in August will most likely be the free dining BB for 2016, usually late August to the beginning of Oct. You can book the BB and then change your dates and/or resort later, as long as those dates and resorts were included in the original BB offer.

We are using the annual passholder's discount for our upcoming POR stay Aug 29 - Sept 1. I calculated that the AP discount for our king room at POR was approximately 22.5%. The room only bounceback is usually a better discount for a moderate. The 2015 RO BB discount for moderates was 30%.

But - if you were planning to stay at a deluxe resort, then the AP is sometimes better than the BB. We had a 37% AP discount for the BC while the BB discount was only 35%.

Andre
Hi Andre - as you know (and PP said), you can change the dates (and resort) you previously booked for a BB, but you can only change to other dates that were offered (and are available still) in the BB offer you booked. You can call and do this as many times as you like, subject to availability. So, for example, when I go late August, its usually free dining for the next August/early Sep. If Disney comes out with a room only BB in early September, I cannot switch my FD BB to the room only BB. (Also: note that starting spring 2015, WDW got very tough on changing dates. I booked FD BB August 20, 2014 for August 20, 2015 at POR. You can't buy airfare a year out, so I just guessed at dates. In April 2015 I called to change my dates by a day or two - all within the original BB offer. The BB CM refused to change the dates. I did get a manager to override it, as this new stricter rule had just started (I learned of it via disboards). Its pretty ridiculous when they offer the BB for 365+ days in advance - when you can't even buy airfare yet - and refuse to let you change the dates. (They told me my view wasn't still available - but I could change to a much more expensive view. Keep in mind I had a reservation for the dates I wanted - i.e., I was trying to shorten what I booked by 2 days IIRC.) HTH!

Can someone please explain the BB offer to me? DH and I are hoping to go in October to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We also plan on going with the family next summer. Is there always a BB offer and is it either free dining or RO discount? I hope I don't sound silly asking, but I would just love to understand how this works. Thanks in advance for the info.

Can someone please explain the BB offer to me? DH and I are hoping to go in October to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We also plan on going with the family next summer. Is there always a BB offer and is it either free dining or RO discount? I hope I don't sound silly asking, but I would just love to understand how this works. Thanks in advance for the info.

Hi! Bounceback offers have been available for many, many years, so there should be 1 offered in October. We are only making educated guesses as to what any future offers are likely to be from past offers. The last 2 or 3 years, Disney has begun offering % off room discounts for the following year starting in Oct or Nov. There are many blacked out/ not offered dates (you can do a search-- there are lots of threads with the dates listed) . Not all resorts or all room categories are available for all dates. During the fall free dining period, a free dining bounceback for the following year has been offered. Room only % off bouncebacks can be made into packages with tickets & dining plans added, but your discount is only on the room rate. Most importantly, the bounceback must be booked before close of business (10PM) on your check out day -- it is for current WDW guests only.

You might have to search a little for the offer info. Currently, there is a Be Our Guest/ resort info packet somewhere in the guest room. The info is inside that packet--- says something like "book before you check out". If you can't find the info - cal Ext 8844 from your room phone & ask. That is the dedicated number for bounceback offers. They need your current reservation number or the phone num ber your reservation is booked under to verify that you are a current guest ( & they do verify it!). Each adult in the room can book a bounceback room. So if you will need more than 1 room next year, you & your husband can each book a room. You can book more than 1 trip with the offer tho. For example, we were there in January. I booked a room at the Contemporary & then a room at YC. Different dates so it is allowed.

Hope I didn't confuse you even more!! :goodvibes

Edit to add: you do need to make a deposit when you book: usual $200 for a package & 1 night deposit for a room only trip. Usual cancellation policies too. But Disney has started being stricter with date changes, just something to be aware of.Don't let it stop you from booking, just know you might have trouble changing, dropping or adding dates & keeping the discount.

Last edited:
Hi! Bounceback offers have been available for many, many years, so there should be 1 offered in October. We are only making educated guesses as to what any future offers are likely to be from past offers. The last 2 or 3 years, Disney has begun offering % off room discounts for the following year starting in Oct or Nov. There are many blacked out/ not offered dates (you can do a search-- there are lots of threads with the dates listed) . Not all resorts or all room categories are available for all dates. During the fall free dining period, a free dining bounceback for the following year has been offered. Room only % off bouncebacks can be made into packages with tickets & dining plans added, but your discount is only on the room rate. Most importantly, the bounceback must be booked before close of business (10PM) on your check out day -- it is for current WDW guests only.

You might have to search a little for the offer info. Currently, there is a Be Our Guest/ resort info packet somewhere in the guest room. The info is inside that packet--- says something like "book before you check out". If you can't find the info - cal Ext 8844 from your room phone & ask. That is the dedicated number for bounceback offers. They need your current reservation number or the phone num ber your reservation is booked under to verify that you are a current guest ( & they do verify it!). Each adult in the room can book a bounceback room. So if you will need more than 1 room next year, you & your husband can each book a room. You can book more than 1 trip with the offer tho. For example, we were there in January. I booked a room at the Contemporary & then a room at YC. Different dates so it is allowed.

Hope I didn't confuse you even more!! :goodvibes

Edit to add: you do need to make a deposit when you book: usual $200 for a package & 1 night deposit for a room only trip. Usual cancellation policies too. But Disney has started being stricter with date changes, just something to be aware of.Don't let it stop you from booking, just know you might have trouble changing, dropping or adding dates & keeping the discount.

Wow! Thank you so much for all of this information. It is very helpful. I really appreciate it!!

Oh what I would give for the Bouncebacks to go against trend and offer Fall 2016 in late August. Unlikely- but here's to wishful thinking!

We usually travel to WDW every few years so we've never had an opportunity to use a BB offer, so I've never really looked into them before. This year my DH and I will be at WDW in November and I'm trying to plan a family get together with my parents and brothers and their family for the end of May/early June 2016. I am hoping that when we are there in November I get a BB offer for a RO discount. If I do get the offer and if it is for the time we want to travel, can I call and reserve 5-6 rooms and apply the offer to all of the rooms if they are under my name? Or is it just for one room?

Also, I know the offer is subject to change, but does anyone know if historically the BB RO offers can be applied to CL or Savannah View rooms at AKL?

Thanks,
Laurie

We usually travel to WDW every few years so we've never had an opportunity to use a BB offer, so I've never really looked into them before. This year my DH and I will be at WDW in November and I'm trying to plan a family get together with my parents and brothers and their family for the end of May/early June 2016. I am hoping that when we are there in November I get a BB offer for a RO discount. If I do get the offer and if it is for the time we want to travel, can I call and reserve 5-6 rooms and apply the offer to all of the rooms if they are under my name? Or is it just for one room?

Also, I know the offer is subject to change, but does anyone know if historically the BB RO offers can be applied to CL or Savannah View rooms at AKL?

Thanks,
Laurie

You should have a BB offer available for 2016 (dates are restricted, someone may have posted the dates here before you go). If you don't find anything in your room, call ext 8844 from your room and ask. I believe you can book as many rooms as there are adults staying - so only 2 (one for you & one for DH). Sorry never tried club level so don't know that one.

You should have a BB offer available for 2016 (dates are restricted, someone may have posted the dates here before you go). If you don't find anything in your room, call ext 8844 from your room and ask. I believe you can book as many rooms as there are adults staying - so only 2 (one for you & one for DH). Sorry never tried club level so don't know that one.

Thanks for the info!

Hi! Bounceback offers have been available for many, many years, so there should be 1 offered in October. We are only making educated guesses as to what any future offers are likely to be from past offers. The last 2 or 3 years, Disney has begun offering % off room discounts for the following year starting in Oct or Nov.
Thanks for your post about bounce back offers. I would like to take advantage of the offer when I am At WDW in November 2015 for November 2016. How do I compare a bounce back offer to Disney's vacation package or room only price? Are taxes included in both types of pricing? Is the bounce back based on a "rack rate" and discounted from that number? Any help on how to compare would appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for your post about bounce back offers. I would like to take advantage of the offer when I am At WDW in November 2015 for November 2016. How do I compare a bounce back offer to Disney's vacation package or room only price? Are taxes included in both types of pricing? Is the bounce back based on a "rack rate" and discounted from that number? Any help on how to compare would appreciated. Thanks

Typically in the past the BB offer which is released towards the end of October has been a "room only" discount for the following year. As an example, we stayed in October last year and booked the BB offer for this coming October and got 35% rack rate at the Beach Club. If I recall, most deluxes were between 30-35% off, Moderates were like 25% off but I remember Coronado being like 30% off and I can't remember what the discount was on values. Doing the math should be pretty easy, just take the rack rate room only price and subtract the percentage off and that will give you an idea of what you'll pay approx...taxes would then be added at the end. HTH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter