2015 Villain’s Sinister Soiree

Just managed to book it online while I was on hold on the phones. I think this will work out well with having two little ones.

I wonder if they will offer the exclusive photopass photo like they did last year? If they have a crap ton of extras, like last year, it sweetens the deal a bit. As this sits now.......eh, I don't know. But, what stinks is that I feel like I need to go ahead and book, just in case its awesome.

I agree. I went ahead and booked for 2 for Oct 31 as my sister has only done 1 MNSSHP and there's a slight chance she'll want to do it. I've done 4 MNSSHP, 2 with the Soiree. I don't think she'll want to keep it with no characters - 5 day cancellation policy, same as the regular Wishes Dessert Policy - but figured I'd book if refundable just in case. I really enjoyed the ambience of the castle and the air conditioning and sitting down there!

Hope most people realize you will most likely be STANDING for HalloWishes as most of the tables at Tomorrowland Terrace are too far underneath to have a good view and people will be getting up to watch the projection show and the fireworks at the rail.

Josh from easywdw has a review of the Wishes dessert party with a lot of good pictures and video of the fireworks from there (from before it was changed in July for the tablecloths and lanterns) here:
http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/wishes-dessert-party-review-is-it-worth-it/

I was thinking the same thing about the Soiree sounding like a bargain. Wasn't it just about $20 more and you got to meet with all the characters in a cool venue (CRT) where you could sit down and enjoy the desserts? The other thing that is concerning to me is that the website says to check in for the parade at 7:30, which won't start for over an hour later. Seems like a long time to be standing in a viewing area and missing character greets, trick-or-treating, smaller ride lines, etc. But I hope those who are choosing to go have a super time and that it turns out to be really magical!

Isn't that backwards...... I was told to check into the parade area at 7:30 for the 8:35 parade by the flag pole and then check in the the Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace at 9:30 for the 10:00 fireworks.

Not backwards...poorly worded.

The party technically starts at 8:35, when the parade starts, I guess...though the "dessert portion", as you're thinking, follows the parade viewing. I thought the same thing you did, at first.

I transcribed it the way she read it to us, but.....looking at the details on the WDW page....I think that's what she meant.

I was thinking the same thing about the Soiree sounding like a bargain. Wasn't it just about $20 more and you got to meet with all the characters in a cool venue (CRT) where you could sit down and enjoy the desserts? The other thing that is concerning to me is that the website says to check in for the parade at 7:30, which won't start for over an hour later. Seems like a long time to be standing in a viewing area and missing character greets, trick-or-treating, smaller ride lines, etc. But I hope those who are choosing to go have a super time and that it turns out to be really magical!

By the time the parade actually reaches the viewing point it will be after 9:00pm. If you get in the viewing area at 7:30, you'll be there for over two hours by the time the parade passes.

So someone help me...I've never done these. If they say checkin is at a certain time..do you check in and just wait there for 30 minutes? I'm torn on doing this with my kids....would this make it easier for us or harder? I wanted to minimize sitting out and waiting in the heat to get a good spot. Is this a good option?

I know some of you are disappointed, but this works perfectly for our family. I was really concerned about doing the Soiree with a 4 year old since it would have started after the fireworks. The dessert party is a great way for us to get reserved seating for the parade and fireworks. I'm also thrilled that it looks like the villains will be available for everyone to meet. I hope it is an organized meet and greet like it was supposed to be last year at FTH with Aurora. maleficent is a must meet for us.

Question, are your reservations for this showing up on MDE? I didn't write the confirmation# down bcuz she said I'd get an email and it'd be on MDE, but I don't see it, and I did not get an email...

It says STARTING at 7:30, which is what our CM said, too. ;)

You should be able to check in right up until 8:15/8:30, just before the parade starts. Your position in the area will be effected, obviously, by when you show up, but you don't have to check in AT 7:30.

No, you don't have to be in the area at 7:30. Last year people filtered in until right before the parade started, and there was plenty of room for everyone.

I hope it's a similar situation this year. Having to wait 2.5 hours for the parade to start defeats the purpose of the benefits to purchasing the dessert package!

Question, are your reservations for this showing up on MDE? I didn't write the confirmation# down bcuz she said I'd get an email and it'd be on MDE, but I don't see it, and I did not get an email...

Ours is showing up in MDE and was right after we got off the phone!

I went ahead and booked for 10/1, but I still have reservations. (Bad sort-of pun.) If we get through the first parties and I decide the value isn't there, we will bail. Also, if the weather forecast 5 days out isn't looking favorable, i.e. low pressure system, tropical depression, or hurricane lingering off of either coast of Florida, this experience is going bye-bye. It doesn't saying anything about what happens to you if the parade or fireworks get cancelled for inclement weather, which happened to several of the September parties last year.

It was $30 more, per adult.

The reviews were not great, either. I know some people loved it, but there were at least a pretty equal number who hated it, too.

So with the five day cancellation policy- you can cancel up to 5 days BEFORE your event correct? If so, that'll give plenty of time for reviews to come out regarding logistics etc.

If it rains the dessert party still goes on regardless of even if there are fireworks. The event won't cancel itself because of rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter