2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

So, I am trying to figure what we learned today.
1). Traditional dogma was to not book early because you are depleting possible rooms in FD, shutting down resorts from being included, etc. Did that pan out to be true?
2). If one had booked early on, was it easier to add FD onto their promo? Or did it seem to be easier to be starting afresh with new booking?
3). Were you able to both start afresh AND/OR modify an existing ressie at 4:15 this AM, or was it just a modification with the online option?
4). Did booking with a TA end up helping most or hurting most for getting FD?

I know that some of this is still yet to be seen, but figure that we have a general gist by now.
I agree it was difficult to not make any reservation before this morning, but i dont regret it at all, when a book at 5 am this morning, i had my first choice (ok it was all star sport lol) but all the moderate had room also if i wanted that option. Everything was done in about 3 minutes..really glad to have wait for the release, I,m one of the lucky one who was all set in 5 minutes

My travel agent accidentally upgraded us to the regular dining plan but we really just wanted quick service (staying at POP). She seems to be offline for the day. Is she going to be able to change it from regular to quick service? I don't want to lose my room at POP!

Thanks for telling us, I did not know this. This may change our minds of choosing water parks and more option. Forgive me if this has already been asked, but I assume you can call ( obviously not today) and switch to park hopper instead. Is it as easy as I am thinking it will be? TIA
It will be a big issue for people who have chosen water parks add on during free dining. Usually only 1 of 2 water parks will be open late fall into winter. Particularly as the weather gets colder into late October and into November and lord help us into December. I am 45 yrs old & I am SO over tight polyester bathing suit gotchies up my something. . . what ever on high speed water slides. But think positive . . . there is a lazy river somewhere. Maybe with my sweatshirt or hoodie on! This would be different if I was bringing kids with me. No matter the weather, my guess is that a young niece would drag me to one of the water parks even if ice was forming on nether regions. I would suggest that those who chose this mandatory must pay option over park hopper . . . that they really put some time & thought into weather channel & similar forecasts for their fall trip. Will this realistically work for you & your family?? Are you going to get the freezies just to get your monies worth? Good luck! And I mean this in the best and most positive way possible. Look into it thoroughly. I went with park hopper. And I don't know if I will get my money's worth out of this or not. But I can try. With my clothes on! I just can't do the Mr. Freezy water parks at this time of year. :)

My travel agent accidentally upgraded us to the regular dining plan but we really just wanted quick service (staying at POP). She seems to be offline for the day. Is she going to be able to change it from regular to quick service? I don't want to lose my room at POP!

I wouldnt guess that the level of dining plan would affect your reservation. Seems like a doable switch.

I agree it was difficult to not make any reservation before this morning, but i dont regret it at all, when a book at 5 am this morning, i had my first choice (ok it was all star sport lol) but all the moderate had room also if i wanted that option. Everything was done in about 3 minutes..really glad to have wait for the release, I,m one of the lucky one who was all set in 5 minutes
Because those that were trying to modify seemed to have more trouble? And congrats, BTW!!

Does anyone know when we can expect to see a confirmation email/receipt of what was booked this morning at 3:00 a.m. MDT? I know the system is probably still running very slow but I typically see one within a few hours of making my reservation. Thanks!

And good luck to all of you that are still trying to get something booked. If it's any consolation, I was online shortly after they announced FD and STILL didn't get my first choice. Had to change resorts but I'm thankful that we are able to go at all. Oh, and getting all the ADRs we wanted took some of the sting off from not getting our resort :yay:

Umm I booked my trip at 5:15am and had my confirmation at 5:30am...I would think you should have had it by now.

So, I am trying to figure what we learned today.
1). Traditional dogma was to not book early because you are depleting possible rooms in FD, shutting down resorts from being included, etc. Did that pan out to be true?
2). If one had booked early on, was it easier to add FD onto their promo? Or did it seem to be easier to be starting afresh with new booking?
3). Were you able to both start afresh AND/OR modify an existing ressie at 4:15 this AM, or was it just a modification with the online option?
4). Did booking with a TA end up helping most or hurting most for getting FD?

I know that some of this is still yet to be seen, but figure that we have a general gist by now.

I had a reservation beforehand. I was going whether or no free dining happened and wanted to make sure i had a room. I could not modify my reservation. I actually still can't cancel it. I am waiting to call until tomorrow or the next day, I don't want to tie up any lines. When I couldn't modify, it actually went back to old dates that I had already changed, I ended up just booking a new reservation.

One thing I learned was I am glad I didn't go through a TA.

Umm I booked my trip at 5:15am and had my confirmation at 5:30am...I would think you should have had it by now.

Hmmmm, that's discerning. I am able to view my ressie in MDE but just no email yet. Maybe because after I booked it online at 3:00 I decided to upgrade the dining and therefore had to call in to have a CM change my FD plan to a partially paid dining plan? :confused3

I'm so frustrated. Am I the only person left that still can't seem to book a reservation today? I can get all the way to the payment screen but anytime I apply my payment, it tells me that an error has occurred.

Same thing happened to me. I gave up online, the only reason I can think of for it not working is because I originally booked with my Disney Visa. Was on the phone at 7:00 on hold for 2 hours, then cut off. Finally got through at 2:30 and got free dining added. Couldn't get CSR at that point - I'm now at All Star Music.

It will be a big issue for people who have chosen water parks add on during free dining. Usually only 1 of 2 water parks will be open late fall into winter. Particularly as the weather gets colder into late October and into November and lord help us into December. I am 45 yrs old & I am SO over tight polyester bathing suit gotchies up my something. . . what ever on high speed water slides. But think positive . . . there is a lazy river somewhere. Maybe with my sweatshirt or hoodie on! This would be different if I was bringing kids with me. No matter the weather, my guess is that a young niece would drag me to one of the water parks even if ice was forming on nether regions. I would suggest that those who chose this mandatory must pay option over park hopper . . . that they really put some time & thought into weather channel & similar forecasts for their fall trip. Will this realistically work for you & your family?? Are you going to get the freezies just to get your monies worth? Good luck! And I mean this in the best and most positive way possible. Look into it thoroughly. I went with park hopper. And I don't know if I will get my money's worth out of this or not. But I can try. With my clothes on! I just can't do the Mr. Freezy water parks at this time of year. :)
:rotfl2: Thanks for the laugh!!! I am definitely switching!!

I'm so frustrated. Am I the only person left that still can't seem to book a reservation today? I can get all the way to the payment screen but anytime I apply my payment, it tells me that an error has occurred.
I dealt with that from 4:30 to 6:45. Finally gave and and was lucky enough to get through the phone lines. People have suggested try8ng different devices, browsers etc. But it didn't work for me

Hmmmm, that's discerning. I am able to view my ressie in MDE but just no email yet. Maybe because after I booked it online at 3:00 I decided to upgrade the dining and therefore had to call in to have a CM change my FD plan to a partially paid dining plan? :confused3

If it's on MDE I wouldn't worry then. :)

is it really that cold first week of november in MOntreal during summer we swim at a temperature of 77 with no problem at all and the pool are not heat at 82

I can not believe that a multi billion dollar company can be this bad at handling all of the calls that have been placed today. You can't tell me that they could not have been set up to handle these kind of volumes. I have been trying to talk to a cm since 7am and have not even come close to talking to one. If they only had a few rooms to offer why not just give pins to people to fill their rooms.

I was originally booked at CBR as we were going with or without a discount. I checked the website last night around midnight, but no new offers. I asked a friend who works overnights to stalk the website and she texted me at 3:42CT to let me know it was up! I ran to the laptop to modify - nothing was available at CBR except pirate rooms. POR only had royal rooms available, and I was able to snag a garden view one. My kiddos will be thrilled. Thanks again to everyone - to the people who initially found the dates, to the "regulars" who answered questions time and time again, and to everyone else for just their happy-Disney-positivity pixiedust:

I woke up at 5:30 central, checked the thread and went online to book. Nothing but royal rooms or a pool view at POR. so I got a standard at CBR. Interesting, huh?

:magnify::magnify::magnify:

I'm not sure who posted or when it was posted earlier, but does anyone have the information for the new dining option available to annual pass holders that includes (I believe) a discount on the room? TIA for any information you can share!

Bumping this question because I'm interested in the answer as well! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter