2015 Amazing-can-do-Attitude April WISH challenge! ALL welcome!

Never too late! Welcome! PM your information to ohmom (our hostess for April) so that she adds you to our list of participants, tell us a little about yourself, and then feel free to just jump into the convrsation!

Just taking a minute to say Happy Sunday and HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying that all of the Easter goodies and Passover treats are light in calories and easy on the waistline! See you all tomorrow!....................P
Great thanks! What do I PM?

Sorry. Totally clueless!

My name is Ellie. I'm 27. Always been a bit on the chubby side. Finally got on the path to my dream job this past year so I got a confidence boost.. Then realized how I could get a bigger one by also losing the weight I can't seem to shake. So despite all my exercising and running I never ate the right things and thus never lost weight. Thought if I joined in with you guys you'd help me stay motivated and to stay away from junk food. My goal is to lose about 15-20 pounds to put me around 130 Lbs!

Easter with the family - too much eating!! I still think I did better than in past years. And if I only eat off plan during Easter, my birthday and Christmas then it should not be too bad. I just need to eliminate all the other excuses for eating off plan... :rolleyes1

At least I managed a nice long, but slow run. I went running with my sister and am very proud of her that she is really improving! She just started running last summer and has some knee issues, so is taking it slowly. But she is getting there! In 5 weeks we will run a 5k, her first, together. I really need to start training for that seriously! So tomorrow (which is another holiday here in Germany, Easter Monday) I need to do a nice long but faster run! :thumbsup2

@bellanotte10 :welcome: great to have you join us!! If you are usually active, but eating too much junk, just improving your diet should give you a nice boost! There are a few really experienced people on this thread which certainly can give you some hints on where the hidden calorie traps are and how you can make substitutions! Just ask ahead! And good luck with that dream job!!

Great thanks! What do I PM?

Sorry. Totally clueless!

Just tell her you are participating and that should be enough because we aren't reporting weights this month.

My name is Ellie. I'm 27. Always been a bit on the chubby side. Finally got on the path to my dream job this past year so I got a confidence boost.. Then realized how I could get a bigger one by also losing the weight I can't seem to shake. So despite all my exercising and running I never ate the right things and thus never lost weight. Thought if I joined in with you guys you'd help me stay motivated and to stay away from junk food. My goal is to lose about 15-20 pounds to put me around 130 Lbs!

Welcome (again)! Sounds like you've got a firm grip on the exercise thing! I struggle with that so I am always jealous!

Morning all!! Hope your Easter weekend was delightful! I kept some pretty good control over my eating yesterday and other than a glass of wine and LITERALLY 3 Tb. of a pudding type dessert, I had zero indulgences. I stuck to the salads (mixed greens with goat cheese that my DSIL brought, plus the quinoa salad with butternut squash and asparagus tips that I brought) a bit of chicken and the roasted green beans that I brought (no rolls, no ham, no potatoes, no corn, etc). No pastries, no pie, no carrot cake, no candy (well... I did eat 3 M&Ms that my DD shared from her basket). I had oatmeal for breakfast with some fruit, an apple mid-morning, dinner at my DSIL's, and then a low-carb snack bar plus tea when I got home at 9pm. I'm calling yesterday a full-on success!

I'm off to work today..... TTYL!........................P

Excellent job staying on track, pjlla! I did not do as well, but am focused today. I have the day off from work and plan on doing some house cleaning. It is shaping up to be a beautiful day here. I will get a walk in later as well.

It is so cold here!!! But I am still determined to go out for a nice run in a little while. At least it is dry and has a little sun coming through the clouds now and then.

Visited friends for coffee this morning and one of them has been battling his weight for quite some time now. He put on quite a lot of weight due to medications that he had to take. He now signed up for a one-year program at our local hospital for weight loss. They start the first 12 weeks with a formula diet and then learn how to transition into healthy eating habits afterwards. I usually am not a huge fan of formula diets as I think it does not help you to change the habits that made you gain weight. But this program actually sounds like it makes sense. I hope it will be good for him!! And it will be interesting to compare notes!

It is so cold here!!! But I am still determined to go out for a nice run in a little while. At least it is dry and has a little sun coming through the clouds now and then.

Visited friends for coffee this morning and one of them has been battling his weight for quite some time now. He put on quite a lot of weight due to medications that he had to take. He now signed up for a one-year program at our local hospital for weight loss. They start the first 12 weeks with a formula diet and then learn how to transition into healthy eating habits afterwards. I usually am not a huge fan of formula diets as I think it does not help you to change the habits that made you gain weight. But this program actually sounds like it makes sense. I hope it will be good for him!! And it will be interesting to compare notes!

I hope it warmed up and you got out for that run!

That program sounds really interesting, I hope that your friend is successful with it. :) It's nice that it has a transition period, that's where a lot of diets seem to fall apart. At the very least, I bet he'll pick up quite a lot of good information to use in the future.

---

Congrats to everyone who stayed on track over the weekend! I, uhhh, didn't. But you gotta put your past behind you, so I'm not fretting too much over it and am making up for it by chowing down on scrambled egg whites and broccoli.

As far as exercise goes, I had a few good gym sessions this weekend, and then today tried out a bit of boxing with my trainer. He's been trying to get me into it for about six months now but I wasn't really sure it was something I'd like. I finally gave in, bought some gloves and we spent an hour on technique tonight. Oooooh boy, I'm terrible. Bonked myself in the face a few times, fell over a bit, and just looked very silly. It was a good work out, though. I can hardly type now my hands are shaking so much. Hopefully I'll have recovered by Friday, because he signed me up for an extra session this week.

I did not do good yesterday but I blame chronic stomach issues and since I was already feeling yucky I decided to go all out. A cupcake and four cookies were my brunch... And I had a crazy busy afternoon/evening so I had to grab something on the run and the closest thing was a McDonalds. :sad: But this morning I'm back to yogurt for breakfast. Might do oatmeal for lunch. Depending on my stomach. Not sure about dinner yet!

:welcome: bellanotte10, I will add you to the participant list at the beginning of this thread! so glad you joined!

and :welcome: to DisFam 9 who PM'ed to join in too! the more the merrier!!

sorry I was MIA over Easter and yesterday...

Pamela wow you totally rocked your goals on Easter! you will get those 4 lbs off this month, I bet your awesome WI on Friday was very motivating for you

for those who indulged a little or a lot, I'm there too....glad to say it was more on the side a little for food...but wow I had too much sangria and paid for that yesterday. that will fix me on that temptation for a solid year or more! so sadly I did not get my steps in yesterday, and I'm in a 5 day hustle challenge on fitbit with a couple friends. boo! and it's going to rain all week so Piper (pup) walks look limited. after this check-in though I'm hopping on the TM

so let's do a TASTY TUESDAY ....tell us, what is your new found healthy go-to treat or something you looking forward to grilling now that spring is around the corner?

for me, I dug back out my fruit infuser water pitcher and have been drinking cucumber and lime. it's so refreshing. I had put it in the back of the cupboard during the winter as fruit is so expensive here then. I am also eager to get some herbs plants (basil, rosemary, mint) and infuse that with the fruit this summer

Last edited:
:rotfl:
Excellent job staying on track, pjlla! I did not do as well, but am focused today. I have the day off from work and plan on doing some house cleaning. It is shaping up to be a beautiful day here. I will get a walk in later as well.

Thanks.....I did got a little bit off my written plan to skip dessert and sweets all together, but I'm really pretty pleased with how well I did.

As long as he hangs tight until he learns how to transition, he should be okay! Hopefully you can encourage him and be his inspiration!

I hope it warmed up and you got out for that run!

That program sounds really interesting, I hope that your friend is successful with it. :) It's nice that it has a transition period, that's where a lot of diets seem to fall apart. At the very least, I bet he'll pick up quite a lot of good information to use in the future.

---

Congrats to everyone who stayed on track over the weekend! I, uhhh, didn't. But you gotta put your past behind you, so I'm not fretting too much over it and am making up for it by chowing down on scrambled egg whites and broccoli.

As far as exercise goes, I had a few good gym sessions this weekend, and then today tried out a bit of boxing with my trainer. He's been trying to get me into it for about six months now but I wasn't really sure it was something I'd like. I finally gave in, bought some gloves and we spent an hour on technique tonight. Oooooh boy, I'm terrible. Bonked myself in the face a few times, fell over a bit, and just looked very silly. It was a good work out, though. I can hardly type now my hands are shaking so much. Hopefully I'll have recovered by Friday, because he signed me up for an extra session this week.

I've had it in my head for a loooong time that I might like kick boxing if I gave it a try..... but I'm sure I'd look sillier than anyone! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Just checking in to say I hit my 10,000 step goal for the day.

WOOHOO!

I did not do good yesterday but I blame chronic stomach issues and since I was already feeling yucky I decided to go all out. A cupcake and four cookies were my brunch... And I had a crazy busy afternoon/evening so I had to grab something on the run and the closest thing was a McDonalds. :sad: But this morning I'm back to yogurt for breakfast. Might do oatmeal for lunch. Depending on my stomach. Not sure about dinner yet!

Glad you are back on track..... I find oatmeal very soothing, so maybe it is a good choice!

sorry I was MIA over Easter and yesterday...

All good, NBD! Hope it was a good weekend for you!

Pamela wow you totally rocked your goals on Easter! you will get those 4 lbs off this month, I bet your awesome WI on Friday was very motivating for you

It was motivating, but I'm concerned about not being able to repeat it. Since I'm essentially within my maintenance range, the pounds fight tooth and nail to stay on!

for those who indulged a little or a lot, I'm there too....glad to say it was more on the side a little for food...but wow I had too much sangria and paid for that yesterday. that will fix me on that temptation for a solid year or more! so sadly I did not get my steps in yesterday, and I'm in a 5 day hustle challenge on fitbit with a couple friends. boo! and it's going to rain all week so Piper (pup) walks look limited. after this check-in though I'm hopping on the TM

Rainy here all week too..... so I plan to dust off the treadmill and the BL/Jillian Michaels videos!

so let's do a TASTY TUESDAY ....tell us, what is your new found healthy go-to treat or something you looking forward to grilling now that spring is around the corner?

for me, I dug back out my fruit infuser water pitcher and have been drinking cucumber and lime. it's so refreshing. I had put it in the back of the cupboard during the winter as fruit is so expensive here then. I am also eager to get some herbs plants (basil, rosemary, mint) and infuse that with the fruit this summer

Funny you mention the water. My DH just recently asked me to make him some "fruity water" for the first time. I started with cucumber and then cucumber strawberry....but cucumber lime sounds good too!

For TASTY TUESDAY I'm going to say that my newest super-yummo lunch has been stir-fry/sautéed veggies with garlic hummus. I warm the veggies and then plop the hummus on top and stir to mix..... so delicious!! I've done this a few times now and every veggie combo worked well. Today was onions, red bell peppers, celery, green cabbage, broccoli, and green beans.

I'll share the funny story about the infused water I made for DH. I made the cucumber water one morning as I was dashing out of the house. I told him it was there in the fridge. When I got home I found my broccoli "juice" (I keep the water leftover after steaming broccoli to use in my soup stock) container sitting empty on the counter. I thought maybe he had spilled it. NOPE..... he DRANK it thinking it was his cucumber water!! Said it tasted pretty icky (and YES, it was labeled.....he just didn't bother to look at it). I'll be chuckling about that (and teasing him about it) for a long time to come! :rotfl:

At work now and working tonight, so I'll be back to chat some time tomorrow!.........P

Hey--Intro--
My names Susan Day, I work for Albertsons-- soon to be Haggen in a week or so. I'm really excited about the takeover but trepidatious too. Everything I've heard so far is good but it will be a lot of change for me, especially if I'm the supervisor which I probably will be as my boss is finally retiring. I'm struggling today to not go and check out 3 new Albertsons that just converted all in the same area. I already have been up to one but it was small compared to our store so I'm very curious about the others. I don't need to do that though--I need to stay home and work out lol. And Not eat at Burgerville which I would definitely do if I went up.
I have been married 25 years, have 2 (grown) kids and about 20 cats that are permanent residents. There's a few more we feed. We are rescuers and they are all fixed-- we have a cat fenced back yard that a few can escape out of--they all have their immunizations and reasonable health care. We are definitely in the No More mode at this point. I really love my cats but the mess factor is just constant--it is so much work and kind of deflating.
I am a Big eater. I rely heavily on the happiness factor of food. I'm also super active with work being very physical and kind of a fitness buff. Nowdays though, it's just not enough, I need to cut back on calorie consumption. I'm also bad at eating frequently--every time I eat something it pretty much has to be a big production or I won't eat at all. Or if I do manage to eat more frequently it's not smaller portions lol. Like right now-- I haven't eaten anything for 4 hours or so but i won't eat because it would just kill my appetite for dinner in just a few hours. I haven't done anything but sit here and watch a documentary and dink around on the internet-- so I'm not hungry...
I've lost 9 pounds since January but lost my steam on the whole thing--I was down to 158 a few weeks ago then gained 3 pounds. I did hurt my shoulder this week which hampered things, and there was Easter but still it's like I'm ready to give up again. I'm considering joining a new gym because my membership will be up in May and if my schedule changes to days then I'll be pretty limited where I go. I'll look around and look at rates--the place I go now is probably the cheapest and closest and I won't go anywhere without a jacuzzi but I will look and compare prices. It sucks dodging the kids with all their swim classes at night and it closes at 5 sat and sunday.
Well I better go get to doing something (even if it's bad) :-)

I'll share the funny story about the infused water I made for DH. I made the cucumber water one morning as I was dashing out of the house. I told him it was there in the fridge. When I got home I found my broccoli "juice" (I keep the water leftover after steaming broccoli to use in my soup stock) container sitting empty on the counter. I thought maybe he had spilled it. NOPE..... he DRANK it thinking it was his cucumber water!! Said it tasted pretty icky (and YES, it was labeled.....he just didn't bother to look at it). I'll be chuckling about that (and teasing him about it) for a long time to come! :rotfl:

At work now and working tonight, so I'll be back to chat some time tomorrow!.........P

Haha I love it! You would've thought once he first tasted it he would've checked to see what was going on!

Morning all! Just a fly-by to say Happy Wednesday! Off to work in exactly 6 minutes, but I'll try to pop on during the day if I have a break or at least tonight when I get home! ...........P

After looking around I am so appreciative of my gym! What it is is a community center and for me (in district) it's only 210 for a yearly membership. This comes with the fitness center, a big indoor pool, 2 outdoor jacuzzis (the big one is covered) and a sauna. Yes the kids at night can be a pain but if you just time things right like showering in between lessons, it's ok. Plus it's a 5 minute bike ride from my house. Also I see a lot of the same people there pretty regularly. I had a little girl (young woman) extremely indignant at me last night for even considering leaving lol. Sure a lot of the equipment is old, you can only really swim if you're great at the crawl at night (you have to share) or if you're lucky during the day there might be some open lanes, and they close 3 weeks for maintenance during the summer, but over all it's a great place and extremely well maintained. Looking around did give me a better idea of where I want to go when the place is closed this year :-)
Well--I'm off to the gym- I'm hoping to do some pantry organizing later tonight. With the new store going in next week I'm expecting mass markdowns even though Another Albertsons will come in to get most of our stuff during conversion. I know everything we're left with will be marked down, products Haggen doesn't carry.
The Tuesday food thing--I don't have anything to share as far as food goes but I will tell you, I picked up a toaster oven awhile back at Goodwill and Love it! All I've had for dinner since easter is ham sandwiches and been making them with a tiny roll of sourdough garlic bread and it's so nice to just stick the small pieces of bread into the toaster oven, then melt the cheese in there as well. It takes a little ham sandwich from boring to great.
**Just FYI those who have comcast it's watch a thon week--you can watch premium chanel series and movies on on demand. There's other channels too, I watched the new tv land series Younger which I'd been looking forward too but wasn't sure when it started and I can't find it on demand anywhere else. Watched a Showtime documentary on the acting biz in Hollywood and how hard it is for women--it really is a male dominated industry.

Last edited:
Just have time for a quick check in: birthdays are terrible for diets. Three birthday cakes and an apple pie later, I'm on the worst sugar buzz and just waiting for the crash. Well, I was on track for two whole days, I guess

After looking around I am so appreciative of my gym! What it is is a community center and for me (in district) it's only 210 for a yearly membership. This comes with the fitness center, a big indoor pool, 2 outdoor jacuzzis (the big one is covered) and a sauna. Yes the kids at night can be a pain but if you just time things right like showering in between lessons, it's ok. Plus it's a 5 minute bike ride from my house. Also I see a lot of the same people there pretty regularly. I had a little girl (young woman) extremely indignant at me last night for even considering leaving lol. Sure a lot of the equipment is old, you can only really swim if you're great at the crawl at night (you have to share) or if you're lucky during the day there might be some open lanes, and they close 3 weeks for maintenance during the summer, but over all it's a great place and extremely well maintained. Looking around did give me a better idea of where I want to go when the place is closed this year :-)

Glad you were able to do some gym shopping!

Well--I'm off to the gym- I'm hoping to do some pantry organizing later tonight. With the new store going in next week I'm expecting mass markdowns even though Another Albertsons will come in to get most of our stuff during conversion. I know everything we're left with will be marked down, products Haggen doesn't carry.
The Tuesday food thing--I don't have anything to share as far as food goes but I will tell you, I picked up a toaster oven awhile back at Goodwill and Love it! All I've had for dinner since easter is ham sandwiches and been making them with a tiny roll of sourdough garlic bread and it's so nice to just stick the small pieces of bread into the toaster oven, then melt the cheese in there as well. It takes a little ham sandwich from boring to great.
**Just FYI those who have comcast it's watch a thon week--you can watch premium chanel series and movies on on demand. There's other channels too, I watched the new tv land series Younger which I'd been looking forward too but wasn't sure when it started and I can't find it on demand anywhere else. Watched a Showtime documentary on the acting biz in Hollywood and how hard it is for women--it really is a male dominated industry.

Oohhh... wish I could do some clearance grocery shopping here! Love to load up the pantry with bargains! Target used to be great for that, but I'm trying to stay out of any and all stores unless I have an actual NEED to shop for something... no more random browsing, as it is NOT good for the wallet!

Just have time for a quick check in: birthdays are terrible for diets. Three birthday cakes and an apple pie later, I'm on the worst sugar buzz and just waiting for the crash. Well, I was on track for two whole days, I guess

Yes they are! Your birthday? If so, give yourself a "pass" for now and move on..... and Happy Birthday!

Afternoon all! Believe it or not I am looking at SNOW falling right now.... it is NOT making me happy! :mad:

Long slightly boring day at work today..... I'm glad to have the work (and the pay), but can't WAIT until this testing is done! Days are easy but dull right now (remind me that I said this when I am ready to pull my hair out with frustration some day soon :rolleyes1 ).

WWOWWW..... just peeked out the window again and it is REALLY snowing HARD! YIKES! Glad we changed our plans for the night (we were going to take DS to a local college open house night, but he really didn't want to go) and can stay home and stay warm and safe!

Anyhooo.... what's everyone got planned for dinner? I pulled out some low-sugar teriyaki marinated sliced steak from the freezer.... gonna do a stir-fry with green beans and onions and serve it over whole wheat noodles (for DS) and tofu noodles (for DH and I).... noodle bowls are all the "trend" now around here!

Off to change out of my work clothes and get dinner going!........................P

Not a good day... Tomorrow will be better. I am not getting my eating and snacking under control...

Not a good day... Tomorrow will be better. I am not getting my eating and snacking under control...

I too did terrible on the snacking today. I stopped at the store and was hungry and bought a small package of Oreo peanut butter cookies and proceeded to eat half the package WHILE cooking dinner. Should've know better.

On the positive side, I did get over 12,000 steps in so far today.

The day is not a TOTAL failure.

:rotfl2:omg the 'broccoli juice' story......bahahahahaha!

:welcome: back Susan! i'll add you to the list!

so sorry I mean to post Woohoo Wednesday last night before I went to bed, b/c I knew I wouldn't be on the comp this morning. and I totally forgot after I left b/c I was very focused....a friend and I took a road trip today to the Vera Bradley Outlet sale in Ft Wayne, IN. that is such a fantasticly crazy and chaotic but amazing thing to do, if you love Vera and happen to be close enough to IN. anyhow, we just got back at 5 p.m., I'm trying to log my food into MFP but it's being so slow and I'm hungry for dinner! hope I have some calories left after being on the road!. I did think of you all and forced myself to take a walk around my long (1.2 mile) block when I got home to let Piper stretch her legs after being crated all day, and to finish out my fitbit step goal for the day. I think I might fall asleep right here sitting at the computer! it was a long but fun day!

Pamela -- what state do you live in? that it's snowing...omgoodness I feel ya! no more snow!!!!!!!

Magdalene -- tomorrow WILL be better!

@pjlla I got that today then it turned to hail then rain. Don't you just love New England?

It's been rough at work this week and I'm luckily too stressed out to stress eat! So I've been happy about that at least this week! One positive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter