2015 Amazing-can-do-Attitude April WISH challenge! ALL welcome!

Out there is a wild storm - and I was hoping to leave work early (last day before the Easter Weekend!) and go for a run!! This sounds like it would be even unsafe to just walk outside!! In the light of my favourite motivational quote "Losers have excuses, winners have solutions", I guess I need to get out my Jillian Michaels DVDs and do a workout in front of the TV today...

Chalkboard-Weight-Loss-Quotes.jpg

I forgot to post the consensus on tracking our WI this month, I felt it was 50/50 so I've decided not to officially track....however, I will be WI each Friday and for those who said they are planning on it, I encourage you to join me in posting your +/- for the week. If you want to figure your percentage to share that, divide what you lost by your goal loss to get the percentage, i.e. 1/5 = 20%. :thanks: for being flexible everyone! :wave:

Good Morning everyone!

I realize that I forgot to introduce myself: My name is Magdalene, I am German and live in Germany (that explains the time of my posts and any possible language issues).

I was a heavy child in the 70s and 80s when kids here were all slim and not overweight (sadly, today I see many kids that are far more pudgy than I was, but back then I was the odd one). I turned into a heavy teenager. Having since learned about BMI, I am pretty sure that I was never in the "obese" category, but kind of came close to it.

In university I ended up with three wonderful friends who were all really skinny. They were the girls who were wearing size 0 before anyone knew that size 0 existed. They were great as they never felt me any less accepted because of my weight issues, but encouraged me in a positive way to lose weight. They took me with them to the university's exercise classes and taught me about eating healthier (one of the was a vegetarian, so when we cooked together there were always lots of veggies, and it is much cooler if your friends cook them than when your mother does...). I lost a lot of weight and got down to an BMI of 22. I looked great and gained a lot of confidence.

But then my life changed as university ended and I lost my routine that had worked so well. I struggled for some years and then when I started a new job that was highly stressful and had me relocate to a place where I knew no one, the weight quickly came back. That was one of the reasons why I decided that I needed to make changes and got a new job that while still stressful in phases, does not come with crazy long hours. That was 10 years ago. Since then I have had my downs and ups. I managed to loose a lot of those job pounds with WW Online and got down to a healthy BMI again. Then went up again. Lost some more several years later. In the last four years I have managed to kind of stay in the area of a BMI between 25 and 26. I seem to be able to get below that only for very short moments.

My goal for this year is to finally make it further down. Unfortunately, the first three months were not really good for that. Then last week I found out that I might have a slight thyroid problem that could cause the difficulty in losing weight. So, I am working on that (it might only be the necessity to get more iodine) and with spring starting I am looking forward to getting back into more running. So far it has often been only one 30 minute run on the weekend and that is not enough.

Yesterday the month was already off to a good start: I managed to only use one extra point out of my weekly points! And that without feeling overly hungry at any point in the day. I also had a very low carb dinner: Just a large bowl of stir fried chicken with veggies! I also stupidly had forgotten my fitbit during the day and therefore went out at 9pm for a walk around the neighborhood to get at least some steps in for the day!! Can't let my sister get too far ahead of me!!

Sounds like you have learned a lot about yourself and weight loss over the years.... it will all lead to a life at goal weight!! Good job getting out for some steps! I've had stir-fry three times this week and it was delicious!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

hello fellow RT! i'll take it as a challenge your faith in me to rock the swimsuits! i will conquer! you got your chorcolate fix, now make today count! :teeth:

that's the first time i've heard this about you...and i MUST adopt this attitude. the first day home...back OP! that is a HUGE downfall for me

today is a recovery day on the WO schedule, but i'm off to the grocery for Easter meal food and then to the Scotts Co. store for yard work supplies. looks like another beautiful day, so my plan is a dog walk to get my steps in before the rain hits this evening.

It is NOT a recovery day for me, but I forgot my sneakers AND my work schedule changed AGAIN today.... so probably very few steps logged today. Yard work.... still just a dream for me.... too much snow (which will be followed by too much mud very shortly!).

What are you cooking for Easter??

Here briefly while I have a short break in my schedule at school. After the school day I'll be on the road heading south to pick up my DD for the long weekend (she has Good Friday off), so I won't be back on again tonight..... but plan to report a weight loss in the morning (fingers crossed!). See you all tomorrow.........P

I forgot to post the consensus on tracking our WI this month, I felt it was 50/50 so I've decided not to officially track....however, I will be WI each Friday and for those who said they are planning on it, I encourage you to join me in posting your +/- for the week. If you want to figure your percentage to share that, divide what you lost by your goal loss to get the percentage, i.e. 1/5 = 20%. :thanks: for being flexible everyone! :wave:

Sounds great! I'm putting it out there that I have a goal to lose 4 pounds this month (my "month" started last Friday). Praying for a solid one pound off this first week......................P

well, not sure how WISH friendly my menu is, I'm aiming for portion control! this is my in-law side and they are very meat and potatoes: ham, green bean casserole, fresh fruit, twice baked potatoes, deviled eggs, shrimp cocktail, and cupcakes from a local bakery.

now I can skip the potatoes and green bean casserole, they all love it but they are not my thing. i'll save those calories for one carrot cake cupcake.

I'm making both virgin and regular sangria as well

Magdalene -- your countdown ticker, what does the tent reference mean? is this DCL?

I didn't knwo we were supposed to introduce ourselves - I will do that now!

My name is Lena - I am 27. I have strugged with being the "fat kid" all through school, up through now. I was a loner in school, really didnt have any friends until middle school. I was the sports manager instead of playing, but it kept me moving and i slimed down until I hit college. Then it was all about the 24 hr caff. Yikes.

I married my HS sweetheart in 2008, two days before he left for bootcamp. I have been married and an army wife for 7 years now. We have had 13 miscarriages in first trimester in the course of our marriage. No live births.

Reality hit about 2 weeks ago when the scale tipped at 300 lbs. I was upset, so I ate. and ate, and ate. I ate a full carton of ice cream in one sitting - directly from the box.

My husband gave me a wake up call - by asking me what my plan for the Disney Trip was. I looked at him like he was a moron (you know that look we give them...most of the time :) ) and asked what he was talking about. He was up front and blunt with me. - He asked me what my plan was for disney. Becuase in the condition im in, I would not be able to go at the pace I want to while there. It was a smack in the face. I jumped in HSN and ordered a fitbit which came in last Friday and i have been wearing it ever since (minus showers of course). I am involved now with this group and the April Mousercise group and have committeed to 5,000 steps minimum a day and 20 minutes of active exercise a day, plus a drastic change in eating habbits. We have cut out red meat and are focusing on more veggies and eating lean protens like chicken and turkey with some pork added in for a change of taste.

I didn't knwo we were supposed to introduce ourselves - I will do that now!

My name is Lena - I am 27. I have strugged with being the "fat kid" all through school, up through now. I was a loner in school, really didnt have any friends until middle school. I was the sports manager instead of playing, but it kept me moving and i slimed down until I hit college. Then it was all about the 24 hr caff. Yikes.

I married my HS sweetheart in 2008, two days before he left for bootcamp. I have been married and an army wife for 7 years now. We have had 13 miscarriages in first trimester in the course of our marriage. No live births.

Reality hit about 2 weeks ago when the scale tipped at 300 lbs. I was upset, so I ate. and ate, and ate. I ate a full carton of ice cream in one sitting - directly from the box.

My husband gave me a wake up call - by asking me what my plan for the Disney Trip was. I looked at him like he was a moron (you know that look we give them...most of the time :) ) and asked what he was talking about. He was up front and blunt with me. - He asked me what my plan was for disney. Becuase in the condition im in, I would not be able to go at the pace I want to while there. It was a smack in the face. I jumped in HSN and ordered a fitbit which came in last Friday and i have been wearing it ever since (minus showers of course). I am involved now with this group and the April Mousercise group and have committeed to 5,000 steps minimum a day and 20 minutes of active exercise a day, plus a drastic change in eating habbits. We have cut out red meat and are focusing on more veggies and eating lean protens like chicken and turkey with some pork added in for a change of taste.

It's not an all the time thing to introduce ourselves, but I think there are so many new people to the board, or people returning after absences, that everyone wanted to make sure that we all know each other. :)

My turn: I was always a skinny kid. My mom made good food, and I liked veggies, and apparently I had a great metabolism. Ah, to be young again... I started putting on pounds more in middle school. A lot of it was muscle mass, esp. in my legs, thanks to playing more sports, but I was definitely getting bad eating habits, and my metabolism had nosedived. Freshman year in HS, I was a size 8. By the time I graduated, I was a 12. Enter college, where you have tons of access to bad food. I was a size 16-18 when I graduated.

I lost some weight before my wedding in 2005, but was still about 180 lbs, but strong! I had been working with a trainer, and my core and arms felt amazing. After the wedding, though, we stopped using the trainer (expensive), and I gained again. I had my DD in 2011, and was 235 lbs after she was born. Up and down weight since then, but I have been on track since January, when I found the motivation of a Disney trip. True Disney Magic. My husband surprised me with the start of a Disney fund for Christmas, and like verleniahall, I started thinking about getting around the parks and what I wanted to look like in my pictures and be able to enjoy while we were there. So far I am down about 13 lbs. :yay:

I have the most trouble when I'm PMSing (sorry to the guys on the board). I just get really moody, want to eat everything in sight, esp. anything salty or chocolaty, and its like I have no self control. I am working on that, but it has been REALLY hard.

Also, I have learned that there are some people I need to tune out in my life. My mom is one of them. Don't get me wrong, she is the sweetest person in the world, and would feel TERRIBLE if she thought she was hurting anyone's feelings, but some of the things she says are really condescending to anyone struggling with their weight. She has always been fairly thin and athletic, plus she eats like a bird and runs a ton. She's about to be 60 and is still running 1/2 marathons. Last year she did so in under 2 hrs. But she will say things in passing about what exercises I should be doing, or comment about a celebrity being overweight, etc. Just does not need to be said. I should add that I'm adopted, so I don't have her genetics or body structure, and she doesn't really get that either. She tries to buy me clothes that would look good on HER body type, and they are just not flattering at ALL to me. *Sigh*:charac2:

Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to get that out there.

oops my bad, I think the multi-quote got the best of me! sorry!!

great intros -- great to read everyone's stories!

this Jan/Feb I had the honor of realizing I wasn't quite in shape to walk the World for my quick March visit myself! you girls are smart for thinking ahead and getting started now!

I'll join Pamela and put out in public my goal is to lose 5 lbs this month I almost caved and opened the jellybeans when I got home from the grocery...but I thought of my goals and that' I'm only 4 days back on good eating, counting calories and that would be pathetic to blow it for 1/4 cup of jellybeans for 150 calories. my calories are tight today since it's not a WO day, and my dinner I have planned. I'm actually hungry right now! I'm going to get some cucumber/lime water and a handful of baby carrots

Lena -- I :love: my fitbit! I tried to sneak a dog walk in but the rain got us, I think my drama queen pup was more upset that I was :lmao:

Good job, ohmom, avoiding the jelly beans! I'm more of a savory... so it's the tortilla chips and popcorn that call to me. Stay strong!

I'll put my goal out there too: 5 lbs. This is my monthly goal each month, though I know I won't hit it each month. If I can keep this rate, I would be at my thinnest in 10 years when we hit Disney in November! :woohoo:

:welcome: to chbc and jenne who each sent me a message to join!

overall i have lost my sweet tooth, but lately i've been craving!

apparently I have pushed a bit too hard this week, i wasn't able to get up for yoga class. not sure i'll get a WO in today, but I'll count my food carefully

I love that Disney seems to be the great motivator for people to work towards being healthy! Makes total sense.

Since everyone else has their goals up, mine is to maintain at my current weight (133lb) +/-4lb (pretty sure that after Disney it will definitely be on the +side, luckily we're doing the Hoop-Dee-Doo at the beginning of the trip, it's my biggest downfall. My BF is the worst enabler, though).

So April has really, really started off with a bang for me. Yesterday was both my manager's birthday and our students last day. Which means plenty of food at lunch and out for dinner and drinks after work. Which means I had a few to many and then ate everything I could get my hands on. ;) Luckily, my weigh in this morning was only +.4lb.

I planned to get back on track this morning with some protein oatmeal... so, I put everything together, threw it in the microwave and... it exploded everywhere. Said oh well, tossed it and started a new batch. Well, guess what? It also exploded. Ever determined, I salvaged the remains, mixed in my protein powder and strawberries and... spilled it all over my carpet. Clearly today isn't going to be my day (but I still ate what I had left, which rang in at around ~300 cal and 29g of protein). Maybe it's time for another cup of coffee.

I would like to join the April challenge. I was very successful on this site many years ago (OMG--could it really be 12 years!---my son was 5 when I first joined and is now 17) but as the story goes, I regained almost all of the 65 pounds I lost. We have a June trip planned and my goal is to get 10,000 steps a day on the Fitbit, 6 out of 7 days of the week. I want to up it to 15,000 in May. I am also watching what I eat and limiting my coffee intake to one cup a day (it isn't the coffee that gets me but the flavored creamer that I love to put in it). When I finally looked at the calories of just one tablespoon of creamer and realized how much I was actually using, I was flabbergasted at the total number of calories.

I do not want to be the person in our travel party this time that is the slow one.

Good job, ohmom, avoiding the jelly beans! I'm more of a savory... so it's the tortilla chips and popcorn that call to me. Stay strong!

I'll put my goal out there too: 5 lbs. This is my monthly goal each month, though I know I won't hit it each month. If I can keep this rate, I would be at my thinnest in 10 years when we hit Disney in November! :woohoo:

WOOOOOHOOO on heading to a 10 year low!!

I love that Disney seems to be the great motivator for people to work towards being healthy! Makes total sense.

Since everyone else has their goals up, mine is to maintain at my current weight (133lb) +/-4lb (pretty sure that after Disney it will definitely be on the +side, luckily we're doing the Hoop-Dee-Doo at the beginning of the trip, it's my biggest downfall. My BF is the worst enabler, though).

So April has really, really started off with a bang for me. Yesterday was both my manager's birthday and our students last day. Which means plenty of food at lunch and out for dinner and drinks after work. Which means I had a few to many and then ate everything I could get my hands on. ;) Luckily, my weigh in this morning was only +.4lb.

I planned to get back on track this morning with some protein oatmeal... so, I put everything together, threw it in the microwave and... it exploded everywhere. Said oh well, tossed it and started a new batch. Well, guess what? It also exploded. Ever determined, I salvaged the remains, mixed in my protein powder and strawberries and... spilled it all over my carpet. Clearly today isn't going to be my day (but I still ate what I had left, which rang in at around ~300 cal and 29g of protein). Maybe it's time for another cup of coffee.

Seriously? Karma was NOT on your side.... but good for you for not letting it get you down!! HOpe the rest of the day improved!

I would like to join the April challenge. I was very successful on this site many years ago (OMG--could it really be 12 years!---my son was 5 when I first joined and is now 17) but as the story goes, I regained almost all of the 65 pounds I lost. We have a June trip planned and my goal is to get 10,000 steps a day on the Fitbit, 6 out of 7 days of the week. I want to up it to 15,000 in May. I am also watching what I eat and limiting my coffee intake to one cup a day (it isn't the coffee that gets me but the flavored creamer that I love to put in it). When I finally looked at the calories of just one tablespoon of creamer and realized how much I was actually using, I was flabbergasted at the total number of calories.

I do not want to be the person in our travel party this time that is the slow one.

WELCOME!! And congrats on getting ready for a DISNEY TRIP!! :mickeybar

Hey all! Happy Saturday! Friday absolutely got away from me so I didn't get a chance to pop on in the morning with my weigh-in numbers, but I was down 1.6 for a solid 40% of my goal.... now to keep up the progress through the minefield of Peeps, Cadbury eggs, and Easter dinner!:rolleyes1

Trying to get my chores done this morning so I can sit at my scrapbook table for some time this afternoon, but since tomorrow is a loss as far as a productive day at home, I need to do my Sunday meal planning and meal prep today, on top of laundry, etc. But I am chugging along..... got a load on the clothesline after the rain stopped this morning, plus I have a load on the rack and in the washer and just folded and put away 5 loads I washed between Wednesday night and this morning... PHEW!

Hoping to talk someone into the house into accompanying me on a walk/run later today.... wishing it could be DD, but she has a ton of studying to do and while I would love to have DS accompany me, after a solid week of track practice, I'm sure he is ready for a break! DH has already left for the gym, so I guess I'll be on my own... kind of makes me wish I had a:dog: sometimes!

I'll try to pop on later today to check in on the chatter!...................P

:welcome: joshmom5 !! great to see you back!

Pamela -- wow! great loss this week! your to-do list for today makes me exhausted :worship:

I'm in the kitchen as well today, prepping and do as much as I can for the Easter meal here tomorrow afternoon. I picked up the cupcakes I ordered (dessert..check!) and they are sooooo adorable, omg! I am planning on having one, but will gladly skip the potatoes and green bean casserole to do so...which leads me to my motivating quote for the weekend.....

Weight-Loss-Quotes.jpg

I believe there are times in our lives where we have to keep living, but not lose sight of the goal! this weekend is a great example! what's your strategy?

beside the one I already mentioned, I'm going to walk my dog here shortly to get some activity in today, I'm going to decide on a limited number of Easter candy (I purchased individually wrapped for this purpose)...probably 3 and that's it. I'll get the taste, I'll realize it's not worth it, and then I'll move on. I'm sending cupcakes home with folks and only leaving a couple behind (if there are any) for the family members who live here and not for me. after all, the first few bites are the best ones anyhow..after that I'm just going through the motions. then Monday it's back to WO schedule and MFP counting calories...gotta make April count!

Thanks for the welcome! I had to run three different errands today and I parked further away in the parking lot at all three spots in order to increase my step count. Already over 5,000 for the day. My son has really been watching what he eats trying to stay in shape. He plays on the high school tennis team. That means he isn't getting much in the way of candy in his Easter basket. He is getting some new clothes for our vacation and gift cards.

:welcome: joshmom5 !! great to see you back!

Pamela -- wow! great loss this week! your to-do list for today makes me exhausted :worship:

Don't be too impressed.... folding laundry is time consuming, but pretty easy work!

I'm in the kitchen as well today, prepping and do as much as I can for the Easter meal here tomorrow afternoon. I picked up the cupcakes I ordered (dessert..check!) and they are sooooo adorable, omg! I am planning on having one, but will gladly skip the potatoes and green bean casserole to do so...which leads me to my motivating quote for the weekend.....

Weight-Loss-Quotes.jpg

I like that one!!

I believe there are times in our lives where we have to keep living, but not lose sight of the goal! this weekend is a great example! what's your strategy?

I'm sticking low carb this weekend..... it will be tough, but it will keep me from that slippery slope of "just one ______________". Lots of greens, some protein, some fruit and skipping dessert.... it will be difficult if my DSIL makes her cheesecake, but I know it will be worth it and it will keep me on track for a successful week! My "splurge" might be a glass of wine :)

beside the one I already mentioned, I'm going to walk my dog here shortly to get some activity in today, I'm going to decide on a limited number of Easter candy (I purchased individually wrapped for this purpose)...probably 3 and that's it. I'll get the taste, I'll realize it's not worth it, and then I'll move on. I'm sending cupcakes home with folks and only leaving a couple behind (if there are any) for the family members who live here and not for me. after all, the first few bites are the best ones anyhow..after that I'm just going through the motions. then Monday it's back to WO schedule and MFP counting calories...gotta make April count!

The Easter bunny is also bringing VERY LIMITED candy to our house..... none of us need it! Two or three treats for each kiddo and that is enough!

Thanks for the welcome! I had to run three different errands today and I parked further away in the parking lot at all three spots in order to increase my step count. Already over 5,000 for the day. My son has really been watching what he eats trying to stay in shape. He plays on the high school tennis team. That means he isn't getting much in the way of candy in his Easter basket. He is getting some new clothes for our vacation and gift cards.

Great plan to get in more movement!

Just popping in to say hello and Happy Easter, as I probably will have NO time tomorrow to do so! Happy Passover also to those who are celebrating right now! TTY all soon!................P

Seriously? Karma was NOT on your side.... but good for you for not letting it get you down!! HOpe the rest of the day improved!

Hey all! Happy Saturday! Friday absolutely got away from me so I didn't get a chance to pop on in the morning with my weigh-in numbers, but I was down 1.6 for a solid 40% of my goal.... now to keep up the progress through the minefield of Peeps, Cadbury eggs, and Easter dinner!:rolleyes1

Haha, I kind of gave up at that point and went back to bed for a few hours. The day did get better after that, though. =) Congrats on your loss! And good luck around all that candy. ;)

Weight-Loss-Quotes.jpg

Luckily we only have one dinner planned for tomorrow, so yesterday and today I've been kicking my healthy eating into gear (so many eggs, why am I a vegetarian again?) so I can go into it with a deficit. This way, I can have an eat what you want attitude, although I hopefully won't overindulge too much. Plus I work Monday, so I'll have to limit wine consumption to just a glass.

Great job getting in all those steps! Errands really do add up.

---

I had a great workout today and yesterday, which I'm super pumped about. I've had some problems with my back and lifting recently, but I think that I've isolated the problem areas and I'm working on fixing them. :) Tomorrow's a rest day, so I might pop over to the gym for an hour of cardio, but nothing strenuous.

I hope everyone's having a great weekend so far!

Is it too late for this WISH newbie to join in?

Never too late! Welcome! PM your information to ohmom (our hostess for April) so that she adds you to our list of participants, tell us a little about yourself, and then feel free to just jump into the convrsation!

Just taking a minute to say Happy Sunday and HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying that all of the Easter goodies and Passover treats are light in calories and easy on the waistline! See you all tomorrow!....................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter