2015 Amazing-can-do-Attitude April WISH challenge! ALL welcome!

Can't believe it is time to move to the May challenge. I did make my step goal and did track though I went over today.

I checked, and she last posted at the beginning of March on the March thread. Thanks Pam for stepping up! I could take May as well if you feel like you have coached too much this year already (even though I think you are a much better coach than me and would love for you to do it).

So it sounds like perhaps she is has stepped away from the Dis challenge for now.... so I will start the May challenge and plan to coach..... but if ANYONE wants to take a day, a few days, or a week, that would be great!

I think Molly did a wonderful job in April!! Thank you Molly!

I agree! Thanks for keeping us going!

Hi there!! Well done on getting your goals!

Thanks for keeping up with us this month!!

thanks for checking up on the coaching situation..I did not PM her. I'm sorry she's MIA :sad1: thanks for the kudos on coaching, Pamela sure is a hard act to follow! coaching kept my head in the game, so if anyone considering it, please try it!! it's a lot of fun and you can make it be what works for you, tracking WI or not, mini-challenges, questions for chatter, meme, etc. have FUN with it and let it be your motivator!!

You did just fine! Don't forget, I have the advantage of having a job with WW to keep the subject front and center in my mind!

well, mom did not go home Tuesday, but is being released today. Magdalene, you are right, joint replacements now are an revolving door type surgery, in and out. Here we used to send people to 'rehab' facilities after surgery as well, but now insurance will usually only pay for that is there is complications. She should get home physical therapy for a bit. She is actually doing VERY well, has a nerve block pump until Friday so that should get her through the hump of the hardest days. I'm still home now, but scrambling to get things put together to go yesterday. I'm taking a couple crafty type projects that I'm hoping she can help me with :teeth:

Glad your mom is on the mend! Hope things continue to go well and the pain is minimal!

WOO HOO WEDNESDAY -- share with us a victory from the past week!

for some of us, we can claim our mini-challenge victory today!! today is DAY 10 of the journaling challenge!! I made it! the weekend and Monday's food choices were not premium, and a few days I ate all my exercise calories which I generally try not to do. I was feeling so good about it this morning, I thought I'd step on the scale since i'll be gone on our last day for this month. and yes...I was up 2 lbs. UGH!! I have been struggling with my steroid dose, feeling like it's not enough and last week when I took more steroids to get past it, I lost some weight. now I'm back to my regular dose and I'm up. my body is BACKWARDS!! so I'm considering bumping up my regular dose just a smidge with all the extra walking and activity that I've been doing. my lower back is really hurting me too, and that's a sign of not enough as well. it's so very hard for me to wrap my brain around taking more steroids to feel better. especially when I lived with the excess for several years that damaged my body and made me so miserable!! baby steps, though, I'm getting there :rolleyes:

Living on steroids is truly a struggle. :hug: DH was on it for his auto-immune disease for at least 3-4 years.... SO glad when he was able to get off them!

I've had three great WO days in a row, so I feel good about easing up a little while at Moms. I still plan to get some walks in to get my steps, and packed two WO outfits and will probably do her WATP dvds

Good for you for planning ahead!!

Thanks for the water poster..... I've been trying HARD to remember to drink at least a small glass of water BEFORE my morning coffee..... but I'm not always successful.

I did not realize there were monthly goal threads until right now after doing some further digging into the Wish threads. Since I did not write a goal for April I will just report what I did in April. I planned to run/walk about 45 minutes at least three days a week. I was sidelined by the flu in the middle of the month which was a big pain in the tail feathers. So you could say my goal was about ~585 minutes and I did around 450 minutes. I work out tonight and it is still April! So take that up to 495 for April which will put me at 85% for the month. I'll take it with how bad that flu got me. And I'm down a whole pants size to 12!!!!
See you in the May thread...glad I found you all :)

UPDATE: Ok, I just realized each month has different goal rules. Doh! And the above fits into the May rules. I have not been scale watching since I hit below my pre-baby weight. So I'm now just exercising to feel better so I do not obsess about lbs. (just my issue, happy for all those who check the scales...more power to everyone...and pixie dust :) )

Hey there! Welcome! The May weight-loss challenge thread should be posted tonight or early tomorrow so look for us!

Hey friends! Staying super busy here during school vacation week, but I haven't forgotten about you. I took the time to drive to my parents' house today, since they returned just a few weeks ago from a winter in Florida and I hadn't seen the since Christmas. It was a nice visit!

I'll be posting the May challenge hopefully within the next hour.... but if the evening gets away from me I PROMISE, PROMISE, PROMISE it will be posted early tomorrow morning (EST, of course). And I challenge you to INVITE A DIS FRIEND to the May challenge! The more, the merrier, right???..................P

Hey, Howdy-Hey friends! We have OFFICIALLY started our May challenge! Feel free to celebrate those last losses for April here and then be sure to pack up your bag and make the move to May! I'll BBL here later today to check on any chatter, celebrate any victories, and make sure ALL of my friends are making the move!.............P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter