2014 - question about WHEN?

Spoisal

DIS Veteran
Planning an April 2014 trip. Yes, a bit early!! But like most of you, I have been obsessing lately!

WHEN can you book for 2014 online?

WHEN are new rates for 2014 released?

WHEN will 2014 AAA discounts be released?

WHEN will I get a life?!! :rolleyes:

I'm actually wondering the same. We are November regulars but are thinking of April next year instead so I'm a little out of my element.

yep - we usually for in November or January. April is going to be a shock I think - so I am going to plan even more than usual! From what I have been reading, rates, etc wont be out until summer....

Planning an April 2014 trip. Yes, a bit early!! But like most of you, I have been obsessing lately!

WHEN can you book for 2014 online?

WHEN are new rates for 2014 released?

WHEN will 2014 AAA discounts be released?

New rates are usually released in August, but the last 2 years they have come out as early as June/July. Once the 2014 rates are released, you will be able to book packages as well as book online. With that said, room only can be booked 499 days out by calling, which will be quoted at the current year's highest rate for that resort/room type and then automatically adjusted once the new rates are released. Keep in mind that if you want a package to begin with, it's better to wait for the new rates to come out as the room only would have to be cancelled/refunded and the package booked, requiring a new deposit as money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. I can't help with AAA discounts as we've never booked with that, but hopefully someone will be able to give some information on that. HTH :).

I, too, am waiting for pricing for 2014. I just came back from Disney 2 days ago and have another trip in 6 months. But the trip for next year is more a family trip. They last 3 have been my boyfriend and I. Hopefully they will have some really great deals for 2014. I really would like to take the family. :rolleyes1:coffee:

I too need the rates. I'm debating between Feb & April. Trying to work w/when my teen need to see which date will price better

We are also planning to go in late April and waiting for prices to be released. Easter is late next year, how do you think that will effect crowds and prices/discounts?

We are also planning to go in late April and waiting for prices to be released. Easter is late next year, how do you think that will effect crowds and prices/discounts?

I think the week BEFORE easter next year is going to be crazy crowded. most schools do spring break the week before or after easter. because easter is late, i think they will all opt for the week before easter to do the break so it doesnt push into may. Of course - our break has already been scheduled for the week before easter & that is when we are going. Probably nuts!

Which will probably be worse crowds...President's Day week in February or the week after Easter? I need to time around school vacations so have to do one or the other. If we go Presidents Day, we could spend both Valentines Day AND my birthday with Mickey. That's difficult to resist!

i too was planning around school, my eldest will be a junior in HS and missing a week of class is too much to try to catch up. i think I'm going April Spring Break....it will be crowded, but hey, when isn't it! :goodvibes

Oh man! We just got back from an 8 night stay and it was SO COLD!!! I'm from NJ so we missed 8 inches of snow while we were there so of course it was better than being at home. BUT, I was hoping to at least wear t shirts and jeans. NOT multiple layers almost all week :(

Anyway, the point is we decided to come back in April next year so that we would have a better chance that it was warmer. Now that I just heard Easter is April 20th I don't know if we will! Does anyone know how the week after Easter is at Disney?

Thanks!

Yeah, I am working on a surprise trip for November 2014 as a birthday/anniversary gift. I have been pocketing money away since December, and hopefully once they release the rates, I will have more than half saved up already

We are planning a trip for either the end of April or beginning of May 2014. I think the late Easter date of April 20 will make it a little harder to find a low crowd time in April. :confused3

Most of the public schools in our area have spring break during a specific time of the year, like the last full week of March for our school district. So it doesn't matter when Easter is. But the parochial schools all take their spring break the week after Easter Sunday. I'm not sure what other states do, but it may have the effect of spreading out the crowds in 2014. We won't know how that will work out until the crowd prediction calendars come out later in the year.

The 2014 prices will probably be out in June or July. At least I hope that is when we'll see them. :)

Both of my girls have April vacation birthdays, but Easter falls on the youngest's birthday in 2014 so there goes that... We're not willing to pay premium prices and battle the crowds! We were there in February 2012 and with the exception of the first 2 days, it warmed up enough to swim. I know President's week will be just as crowded, but I believe it will cost less than at Easter.

Yeah, I am working on a surprise trip for November 2014 as a birthday/anniversary gift. I have been pocketing money away since December, and hopefully once they release the rates, I will have more than half saved up already

I, too, am hoping to plan a surprise trip for my boyfriend's son and his girl friend as a Christmas gift. I figure I can start saving up when we come back from our trip in September. I soooooooo love Disney World. :rotfl:

My DH and I are planning our first WDW trip together and called the reservations today and they informed me about Summer when the rates would be released. It's probably better this way so my hubby doesn't have me nagging at him to make a reservation now..:rotfl2:

I'm anxiously awaiting too. My teacher husband's school is opting to have the first week of April off for Spring break, which I think might be ideal as it will miss both the week before and after Easter and the traditional college break in March.

We always go in August and I would LOVE April weather instead! :)

WHEN can you book for 2014 online?Later this year, probably June or July

WHEN are new rates for 2014 released?Rates are already guaranteed for 2014 for Room Only Rates. In 2012, rates started being guaranteed for the following year when they were booked. 2011 was the last year that rates were not guaranteed and rather booked then adjusted. I would recommend booking your room only reservation now for the dates you want in 2014. If you are going during a popular time like Spring Break limited rooms like Little Mermaid may sell out if you wait. If you mail in a check for payment instead of a credit card you can then have Disney transfer the payment to the package when they come out later this year.

WHEN will 2014 AAA discounts be released?Usually in Auigust for the following year after Packages have been released.

Ummm, I used to have a crystal ball but Madame Leota found out I had it right before I got the winning lottery numbers and took it back to the Haunted Mansion :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter