2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** Updated 7/29 with Corral Info

I'm going to be registering early for the Half as an AP holder!! Can't wait, it will be my first half.

And my hubby and 6 year old will do the 5k!!

So excited, already booked FFI so only have to walk across and through DTD.

Awesome! Good luck on your first half.

Great. Thanks so much. I'll try to get him in. I will relax more once I have the registration behind me.

Even with early registration I'm never quite settled until I have my official confirmation. I probably get more nervous with Tink each year since I'm going for legacy. I definitely want in on at least one event for the Disneyland Half weekend.

I'm not getting any run disney emails. I've checked my spam. The last one was the beg on Nov. I've called And emailed several times with no response. Anyone have any thoughts?

I've never gotten any of mine sadly, so you aren't alone. I just gave up on it. It helps that it usually gets posted somewhere here on our check ins if there's ever any new information.

I'm not getting my e-mails either. I just keep checking the Run Facebook page and a few of my friends and I are all looking out for info for each other. I'm so glad there's a place here to come. :)

Hi everyone! I'm excited to sign up for this 10k. It will be my 3rd RD 10k by then (Tink this coming weekend! EEK!), and I'm hoping to keep improving. I'm still nowhere near where I want to be for this weekend, but better than last time. So we'll see!!

I book the DLH with my DVC points this morning, so I am ready to go!!

Welcome aboard the waiting train ;) And good luck with Tink this upcoming weekend. I've started to come to the conclusion that it's almost impossible to be where we want to be before an event, lol. Or at least in my case too.

I'm so glad that I got to pre-register last year because the Dumbo sold out SO quickly.

I plan on running Dumbo again this year and AP pre-registering again! :cool1:

Returning for Dumbo. This will be exciting and nervous since it will be my first big race since the weight loss surgery (scheduled for February 24th which means I will be out of training for around 6 weeks according to my trainer (he had surgery before) while I recover). Normally excited for this race, but I think I will be coming into this race a lot more excited than normal since a lot will have changed since the upcoming Tinkerbell.

I'm so glad that I got to pre-register last year because the Dumbo sold out SO quickly. I plan on running Dumbo again this year and AP pre-registering again! :cool1:

I am thinking this is why they are not letting people register at the Expos. At least there is still AP.

I hate Windows8. Maybe this time it will let me finish this post ...

Does anyone else see the cutback on pre-registration creating a new headache when actual registration opens? Now there will be more people trying to access registration, probably ASAP, so they can get in before it sells out. The fact of the matter is the events are getting more and more popular each year, which means more and more people trying to get in. There's only so much you can do to stop it from selling out so fast. But I also wonder if there will be problems with the site crashing?

But I could also just be paranoid. Has there been any other runDisney events lately that didn't have more than just AP pre-registration?

Does anyone else see the cutback on pre-registration creating a new headache when actual registration opens? Now there will be more people trying to access registration, probably ASAP, so they can get in before it sells out. The fact of the matter is the events are getting more and more popular each year, which means more and more people trying to get in. There's only so much you can do to stop it from selling out so fast. But I also wonder if there will be problems with the site crashing?

But I could also just be paranoid. Has there been any other runDisney events lately that didn't have more than just AP pre-registration?

I don't think you're being paranoid. Disney sites crash all the time when there is a surge....

Definetely not paranoid. What I think they are doing is they think they are doing is they think they are making it better by having more slots available. But instead they are making the situation worse. Because everyone is all ready panicked because of last year's situation and due to lack of pre-registration anyone who can't pre-register (non-APs and such) are going to be rushing to the site on the 28th. And its going to cause a mass chaos I don't think the like Disney (I would say Active too but Active has handled MCM before so they've seen crazy mass registration before) has ever seen. I've seen it a couple of times courtesy of Comic Con but nothing quiet like this, thankfully I get to sit this out with an AP status. Because I am telling you that site is going to crash and its going to crash fast. And then they are going to have to deal with some very pissed off customers. January 28th is going to be a very interesting day. And I am betting right now pre-registration at the expos will be back next year if what I think is going to happen on opening day happens.

Definetely not paranoid. What I think they are doing is they think they are doing is they think they are making it better by having more slots available. But instead they are making the situation worse. Because everyone is all ready panicked because of last year's situation and due to lack of pre-registration anyone who can't pre-register (non-APs and such) are going to be rushing to the site on the 28th. And its going to cause a mass chaos I don't think the like Disney (I would say Active too but Active has handled MCM before so they've seen crazy mass registration before) has ever seen. I've seen it a couple of times courtesy of Comic Con but nothing quiet like this, thankfully I get to sit this out with an AP status. Because I am telling you that site is going to crash and its going to crash fast. And then they are going to have to deal with some very pissed off customers. January 28th is going to be a very interesting day. And I am betting right now pre-registration at the expos will be back next year if what I think is going to happen on opening day happens.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some site crashing action on AP registration day either!

I wouldn't be surprised to see some site crashing action on AP registration day either!

Gah! I really hope not. I am all ready stressed about this. Add the fact I am traveling on the day of AP registration and I really don't need the website to crash on the 22nd!

Is there going to be early reg for DVC?

And is early ap reg for wdw ap as well as dlr?

So disappointed they didn't have registration at wdw marathon expo.

Tomorrow is the AP early sign up day.

Well I am considering doing the Family 5K. I have never done this before, but I think it would be manageable for me to do for a first time try. I was at DLR last weekend and saw how much fun folks were having. Asked a few people what they thought and if it was hard to do the 5K. I got positive responses. Got me thinking, "Why not?" If I don't do it this Aug, I will for January 2015.

Wish me luck!

Is there going to be early reg for DVC?

And is early ap reg for wdw ap as well as dlr?

So disappointed they didn't have registration at wdw marathon expo.

To the extent of my knowledge it's just for AP holders. Should be for all AP's, but I could be wrong.

Tomorrow is the AP early sign up day.

Well I am considering doing the Family 5K. I have never done this before, but I think it would be manageable for me to do for a first time try. I was at DLR last weekend and saw how much fun folks were having. Asked a few people what they thought and if it was hard to do the 5K. I got positive responses. Got me thinking, "Why not?" If I don't do it this Aug, I will for January 2015.

Wish me luck!

Tomorrow, tomorrow! If you're gonna give it your first go, the 5K is a great way to start :)

I just realized tomorrow is my first day back at my other job since Tink so I wont be home when registration starts. Man, this is gonna drive me nuts all day now. But at least I settled on registering for the Half after much debate.

Is there going to be early reg for DVC? And is early ap reg for wdw ap as well as dlr? So disappointed they didn't have registration at wdw marathon expo.

Posts on Fb are saying they emailed DVC and we would get early registration too - check under Special Offers on your DVC login.

Well today's the day! Good luck registering, AP holders. It's gonna be a long day at work, waiting to get home so I can register (plus not looking forward to standing so long - my knee is still feeling Tink).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter