2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** Updated 7/29 with Corral Info

Has anyone gone to the Spaghetti Dinner? I think it is way too expensive, but I am curious about it.

Belle Ella in what ways did the C25K didn't work? I know each of us will respond to each program differently. I am curious to see if this one is the best program for me. Maybe it is not!

I picked the C25K because when I was on a walking program (a long long time ago!), I was sorta of doing something similar on my own. I am glad there other programs just in case this doesn't work for me.

Another benefit to training for the 5K is it will help me tons for my WDW trip in July. One by conditioning me for long park days with lots of walking and two by losing a few pounds! I guess I am going to have to schedule some training days in there, too! It is much too close to the 5K to set it aside.

I am registered for DDD. I'll also be going for my C2C medal. It will be my first time to DL. DH and I are leaving the kids behind and calling it an anniversary trip (ours is earlier in August).

For anyone with an AP that was not able to register for what they wanted on the 22nd, the following was just posted on the AP Facebook page:

Passholders, we are aware of the recent difficulty with the early registration for the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Events and appreciate your feedback. We understand how precious your time is and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. In an effort to allow more of our Passholders the opportunity to sign up for these events, we will be offering a second early registration opportunity exclusively for our Disneyland Annual Passholders.

Beginning at 8:00 am PST on January 28, there will be a limited quantity of registrations available for the Dumbo Double Dare, Disneyland Half Marathon, Disneyland 10K, and the Disneyland Family Fun Run 5K (registration for the general audience opens at 9:00 am PST). Thank you for your passion around the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend and all of our Run Disney races. Keep running!

So if you missed out earlier this week you have another shot. It's a small window, but it's a window nonetheless.

Good luck!

Belle Ella in what ways did the C25K didn't work? I know each of us will respond to each program differently. I am curious to see if this one is the best program for me. Maybe it is not!

I picked the C25K because when I was on a walking program (a long long time ago!), I was sorta of doing something similar on my own. I am glad there other programs just in case this doesn't work for me.

It's hard to say. It was more of a personal preference for me. If I remember the goal of C25K correctly, it's to work your way up to running the full 5K without stopping. Is that correct? It's been a long time since I've looked at it. The difference with Galloway's method is that he completely encourages the run/walk intervals no matter how seasoned a runner you are. It's helped keep my pace steady (each 5K split I had for Tink last weekend had no more than 20 second difference in pace), helped me feel like I can keep going longer distances, and not feeling completely drained afterward. I was also getting injured more often with the C25K approach and barely at all since following Galloway's method.

It was trial and error for me. C25K is a great place to start, but there are definitely other options out there.

Oh, and my favorite part of Galloway's official aps is the fact that you get some coaching throughout, some different techniques to try on walk breaks. There's some variation in your stride that you get waked through. Plus you get to add your own music and it will adjust the speed of the song when you run/walk. And it keeps track of your progress and has a calendar to go with it. I swear by it now.

Thanks, Belle Ella for the update. My friend who has an AP may want to sign up. I'll pass on the news to her.

It's hard to say. It was more of a personal preference for me. If I remember the goal of C25K correctly, it's to work your way up to running the full 5K without stopping. Is that correct? It's been a long time since I've looked at it. The difference with Galloway's method is that he completely encourages the run/walk intervals no matter how seasoned a runner you are. It's helped keep my pace steady (each 5K split I had for Tink last weekend had no more than 20 second difference in pace), helped me feel like I can keep going longer distances, and not feeling completely drained afterward. I was also getting injured more often with the C25K approach and barely at all since following Galloway's method.

It was trial and error for me. C25K is a great place to start, but there are definitely other options out there.

Oh, and my favorite part of Galloway's official aps is the fact that you get some coaching throughout, some different techniques to try on walk breaks. There's some variation in your stride that you get waked through. Plus you get to add your own music and it will adjust the speed of the song when you run/walk. And it keeps track of your progress and has a calendar to go with it. I swear by it now.

Thanks for the info. This will help me a lot. Yes the C25K does work your way up to running the full 5K without stopping. I see a big disadvantage to that. I do not want any injuries. I do like the way C25K starts you off, though. I am looking into Galloway's method. So thanks again.

I just want to say that I did C25K years ago when I first started running. however, I run (not run/walk). it is definitely geared towards running 100% and not towards run/walk.

I'm going to do the 10k with my husband and parents. I've never been a runner and found that I have some issues with my legs that are holding me back from any serious training. Hopefully I'll be good by then!

Got accommodation booked at desert inn and suites, and hoping to jump on some good airfares next week. I'll be getting up early on registration morning and refreshing that screen until it opens!

And for what it's worth, for the person doing the c25k program, that's how I started. Got up to the 4km run before having to stop due to my legs, and I was absolutely loving it! Was devastated that I had to stop :-(

GET travels rates info and discount tix info for DL Half...

Hello,

Thank you for inquiry into the 2014 Disneyland Half Marathon. We currently have availability at all 3 Disney Resort hotels. The following is the per night cost for the 3 Disney properties for the 2014 Disneyland Half Marathon weekend:

Paradise Pier- $315*
Disneyland Hotel- $350*
Grand Californian- $432*

*The standard rooms at all Disney Hotels have 2 Queen Beds. The Paradise Pier has 2 Queen Beds and a fold out and is suitable for 5 guests.
*Prices include the 17% sales tax, but do not include the resort fee, if you are driving into the resort. Our contracted resort fee is $12 per day/ up to two vehicles per room, the normal resort fee is $15 per day. The 3 Disney resort hotels require a 2 night minimum stay.
If you want more than 2 rooms, just add #3 to the form, with all guests names and ages (if not an adult).

*If you book and pay in full for 3 or more nights at one of the Disney Hotels (by our 7/31 final payment date), you will receive a $25 per night credit to be used towards the purchase of discounted theme park tickets. The credit will not exceed the total cost of the tickets and is only good towards the purchase of tickets.

If you are interested in a good neighbor hotel, we will have the per night cost confirmed by the end of the month, or early February. If you would like to look at those hotels, please let me know and I will forward the pricing to you, as soon as it becomes available. All of our good neighbor hotels will have the free shuttle race weekend and several of them are within walking distance. You can book a 1 night stay at anyone of the good neighbor hotels. We do not book airfare for this event.

The following is the discounted theme park ticket cost:

Twilight Ticket (good from 4pm to the park closes)-$66
1Day/1Park Ticket-$82
1-Day Park Hopper-$112
2-Day Park Hopper-$170
3-Day Park Hopper-$200
4-Day Park Hooper-$225
5-Day Park Hopper-$240

*You can buy discounted tickets for family & friends who are not participating in a race
*The discounted tickets only include the Magic Morning Hour, if you are staying at a Disney Resort property
*Discounted theme park tickets cannot be upgraded to an Annual Pass.

Please open up and compete the attached booking form, save it, and email it back to me as an attachment. A reservation requires a $75 per room deposit at the time of booking. You can log onto your account via our website (www.gettravel.com) and make payments, if you choose to do so. Our final payment date is July 31st, 2014. Thank you.

I registered for the 10k and can't wait! Anyone know how they do the corral assignments? Or have a link to the times assigned to each corral fir last year?

I registered for the 10k and can't wait! Anyone know how they do the corral assignments? Or have a link to the times assigned to each corral fir last year?

http://www.rundisney.com/disneyland-half-marathon/#pacing
if link doesn't work, go to Runner Info > Pacing

looks like we'll be signing up for the 5k as a family and likely signing up with another family. it'll be the first race for the kids (DD12 and DD9), but not for us. DW isn't a runner and with the exception of the 5k i ran in september, haven't run a race in 10+ years. to put it in perspective, i ran a half for $35. no medal, just a t-shirt. the parents of the other family are runners and faster than my current pace and my DW doesn't want to get stuck watching 5 kids while we run the 10k. lol.

any tips for first timers? in addition to our kids, there will be 3 other DS ranging from 3 to 11. we'll probably sign up for another family 5k between now and then so they know what to expect.

GET travels rates info and discount tix info for DL Half...

Hello,

Thank you for inquiry into the 2014 Disneyland Half Marathon. We currently have availability at all 3 Disney Resort hotels. The following is the per night cost for the 3 Disney properties for the 2014 Disneyland Half Marathon weekend:

Paradise Pier- $315*
Disneyland Hotel- $350*
Grand Californian- $432*

*The standard rooms at all Disney Hotels have 2 Queen Beds. The Paradise Pier has 2 Queen Beds and a fold out and is suitable for 5 guests.
*Prices include the 17% sales tax, but do not include the resort fee, if you are driving into the resort. Our contracted resort fee is $12 per day/ up to two vehicles per room, the normal resort fee is $15 per day. The 3 Disney resort hotels require a 2 night minimum stay.
If you want more than 2 rooms, just add #3 to the form, with all guests names and ages (if not an adult).

*If you book and pay in full for 3 or more nights at one of the Disney Hotels (by our 7/31 final payment date), you will receive a $25 per night credit to be used towards the purchase of discounted theme park tickets. The credit will not exceed the total cost of the tickets and is only good towards the purchase of tickets.

If you are interested in a good neighbor hotel, we will have the per night cost confirmed by the end of the month, or early February. If you would like to look at those hotels, please let me know and I will forward the pricing to you, as soon as it becomes available. All of our good neighbor hotels will have the free shuttle race weekend and several of them are within walking distance. You can book a 1 night stay at anyone of the good neighbor hotels. We do not book airfare for this event.

The following is the discounted theme park ticket cost:

Twilight Ticket (good from 4pm to the park closes)-$66
1Day/1Park Ticket-$82
1-Day Park Hopper-$112
2-Day Park Hopper-$170
3-Day Park Hopper-$200
4-Day Park Hooper-$225
5-Day Park Hopper-$240

*You can buy discounted tickets for family & friends who are not participating in a race
*The discounted tickets only include the Magic Morning Hour, if you are staying at a Disney Resort property
*Discounted theme park tickets cannot be upgraded to an Annual Pass.

Please open up and compete the attached booking form, save it, and email it back to me as an attachment. A reservation requires a $75 per room deposit at the time of booking. You can log onto your account via our website (www.gettravel.com) and make payments, if you choose to do so. Our final payment date is July 31st, 2014. Thank you.

If you are staying at one of the three Disneyland hotels, do those discounted tickets get you early entry into the parks each day? I know the good partner hotels only have the tickets with one Magic Morning.

However, from what I read when you stay in one of the three Disneyland hotels, you get early entry to one of the parks on each day of your stay. Trying to weed through the confusing ticket options.

If you are staying at one of the three Disneyland hotels, do those discounted tickets get you early entry into the parks each day? I know the good partner hotels only have the tickets with one Magic Morning.

However, from what I read when you stay in one of the three Disneyland hotels, you get early entry to one of the parks on each day of your stay. Trying to weed through the confusing ticket options.

Yes when you stay onsite at a Disney Resort you get Magic Mornings every day of your stay :goodvibes

Guess I will jump in here. I am turning 40 this year and really the only thing on my bucket list that I really want to do is run a Disney half marathon.

I am not a runner. I have done a 5k and did the walk/run thing. I struggle with asthma so I am just fearful of running. :( I am very determined to do this though. I started walking last week to get into a good groove. I plan on doing the walking thing 3 days a week for about 8 weeks. Then I will start on a walk/run plan. I will probably just start the Jeff Galloway plan early so if I hit any speed bumps I have time to work through them. ;)
On a good note I walked a mile today in 17 minutes. Probably not that impressive but I didn't have any asthma issues.

Here is my biggest concern ... how quickly is the half going to sell out? I can't swing the registration fee until mid Feb. :scared:

Don't forget everyone - tomorrow is the big registration day. Hopefully things work out the way Disney obviously wanted them to by limiting pre-sales and it doesn't sell out as fast and everyone is able to get in. Good luck!

Don't forget everyone - tomorrow is the big registration day. Hopefully things work out the way Disney obviously wanted them to by limiting pre-sales and it doesn't sell out as fast and everyone is able to get in. Good luck!

Any early registration for Disney Visa cardholders!?

Me and my wife want to do the DDD to complete the C2C challenge....

Will this be something that sells out in a matter of minutes????

I would also love to know how fast it is sold out. Way stressed that I won't get registered.....

Any early registration for Disney Visa cardholders!?

Me and my wife want to do the DDD to complete the C2C challenge....

Will this be something that sells out in a matter of minutes????

The only announcement that I saw for tomorrows added early registration was for annual passholders only :(

I'll be trying to stay posted with how fast it sells out, but I picked up a work shift for tomorrow morning. Oops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter