2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel your pain Scott MC...our 180 day mark was on Friday, I got up at 6a so I could make all my ADR's online, was able to make 1, and then no matter what I tried, the online system showed no availability...I was so annoyed as I knew it was the system not working properly. I had no choice but to wait till 7a so I could get a CM on the phone and once I did, I had no issues getting everything we wanted at the times we wanted including BOG & O'hana for dinner :). I also have to admit that the CM I got was excellent...I had lots of ADR's to make as we're going for 9 days and the whole call took maybe 15 min from start to finish...I was a happy girl!!

That's exactly what happened to my two friends who were doing their ADR's this morning. But they ended up getting everything over the phone. :yay:

I've been doing another trial run. Absolutely amazed to find that 180 days from today, I could book Dinner anywhere (except V&A).

I have my A4 plan already for Thursday but think maybe I need to turn it into a list in case I have to ring.

So,
Our ADR window technically opened today, so last night, I stayed up until midnight and at 12:00 on the button...tried for reservations for CRT. No go. The website wouldn't let me do it.
I got up at 7 this morning and logged on. No go.
I called, and was lucky enough to get CRT at very close to the time I wanted it, but truly didn't feel like going through all our reservations for 10 days with the person on the phone. I just did our "hot ticket" items (CRT, Coral Reef, Narcoossee's, Rose and Crown at Illuminations time), and got almost everything I wanted. I love a nice 8:45-ish reservation at Narcoossee's to see Wishes, but the best she could do was 7:45, and my reply was, "Well, I guess I'd better keep ordering, because I'm going to have to kill time until 10!"
Darn you online system! You have the makings of perfection....but you never work!

The silver lining here is....6 months to BC/YC! Wheeee!:boat: :beach:

Yeah for Cindy's Scott!! :cool1: When we were planning our trip last Oct I joined an Oct thread ADR cancellation forum on here. It was great because people would post what they were cancelling and sometimes I was able to coordinate for better ADR times. I bet there will be an Aug one too.:thumbsup2

How early can you make ADRs? Is it 12:01 am (EST), or six. I thought it was six, but have seen a number of posts that state after midnight when your 180 days open. I sent my requests to the YC/BC IPO, but might stay up late Monday and try myself.

Teena, I saw photos of that pileup on the turnpike. I'm amazed no one was killed. We got another two inches yesterday. The pile of snow in the grocery parking lot is almost two stories tall, I swear. It might be gone by May.

I have seen two different threads regarding the possibility of a refurb at the BC. One stated maybe beginning this summer in June, and on the other it states sometime either this summer or early fall. We are trying to determine if there is in fact a refurb going on for our potential visit 7/30-8/5, 2014. Can someone help to clarify what may be happening at the BC? Thanks:)

I have seen two different threads regarding the possibility of a refurb at the BC. One stated maybe beginning this summer in June, and on the other it states sometime either this summer or early fall. We are trying to determine if there is in fact a refurb going on for our potential visit 7/30-8/5, 2014. Can someone help to clarify what may be happening at the BC? Thanks:)

Below is what is on page one of this thread, which I believe is the most current info you are going to get. The main suggestion is to not worry about the reno because they do a good job of making sure the guests don't even notice it.

BeachClubresortlogo.gif
Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQ thread
YachtClublogo.png

:welcome: to the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ forum!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Beach Club Renovation:

We still have not been given an official start date for the renovation of the Beach Club Concierge lounge and the soft-rehab of all of the rooms at the Beach Club. Right now, based on what we have been hearing, we believe it may be this summer or early fall, but nothing is set in stone yet.

The work will start with the renovation and expansion of the Club Level lounge. While the work is being done, club level offerings will be available in the Presidential Suite. After the lounge is completed, work will move onto the actual rooms on the 5th floor. Then, the work will continue on other rooms, floor by floor, until they have all been renovated.

We do not have a timetable about how long it will take to complete each section of the resort.

The work will be completed with the least amount of disruption possible to guests. Sections of rooms will be taken out of service while the renovations are taking place.

As we receive more definitive information, we will post it here.

I am not positive, but I believe this is what is planned:

The first work will be done on the lounge area itself. During that renovation, the lounge will be temporarily moved to the Presidential Suite. There will be no bookings for that suite during the refurb period. When that is complete, the club level rooms will be worked on, a section/wing at a time. I don't think club level bookings will be moved to rooms on other floors, but there may be fewer club level bookings available while the work is being done.

We have been at the BC when refurbs are going on, and most guests won't even know they are going on. I believe the refurbs are more like new carpeting, wallpaper and paint, along with replacing some furniture and bedding, not moving walls and hammering things. If you are concerned that there may be some noise, then you can request to be in an area that is far away from the area being refurbished. But I would not worry about the refurbs at all. They may even be finished by the time you are there.

Only a refurb of rooms and hallways starting on the fifth floor ... probably in August.

That's all we know. Nothing is known for sure until they actually start...

Hope that helps...

~NM

It's been about 5 years since we've stayed at BCV. Can we still check in at the Villa's or do we need to go to the BC lobby?

Teena might be on vacation, so I'm quoting what she posted a few days ago:

Depends on time you get there and whether or not you did an on-line check-in. As of today, they are still doing a "test". If you check-in on-line ahead of time and if you get there between I think it's 9AM to 5PM, then you check-in at the Villas. However, if you do not do an on-line check-in or it is not during those hours, you check-in at the Beach Club front desk.

This is subject to change since this is just a test and I have no idea how long the test will be going on. Could be days, weeks, months, etc.

Sorry ... not very helpful!

Hi! We will be staying at YC from 5/13-5/18. :banana: It is our DS first WDW trip (he will be 17 months old)! Thanks for starting this thread-great pictures and info. Will you please add us to the Be Our Guest list? :cool1:

I am happy to say that we are going to be staying at the BC from Aug 22-26 :woohoo: With all of the snow we have been having this winter, I cannot wait to enjoy SAB during the hot, humid weather! :cool1:

This is our first time at WDW together, and we will be staying at the Beach Club Villas at the end of June. Any suggestions about making then most of this resort would be appreciated. I just joined DIS forums today, and this is my third post. I've already had some great responses, and the information is invaluable. I've been enjoying the DIS unplugged webcasts on YouTube, as well.

Hey guys ... worked today and it was tough talking all day with my cough and wheezing but I got through it. Working again tomorrow and then off to Jeanne's on Wednesday for two weeks. I'll get on the computer a few times while I'm out with Jeanne but depending on how much action our thread gets, I might not have time to read everything. So, if you need me specifically for something, send a PM and that way I know I won't miss it when I log on every few days.

I got the information on Cape May (dinner) for everybody:

As of today ... but always subject to change:

The normal soups and salads

Mediterranean Pasta - Sunday and Wednesday

Vodka Cream Pasta - Monday, Thursday and Saturday

Rigatoni Cream Pasta - Tuesday and Friday

Chicken Breast with Mushroom Cream Sauce - Sundays, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday

Barbeque Pork Ribs - Monday, Thursday and Saturday

Mashed Potatoes

Gravy

Steamed Corn on the Cob

Steamed Red Potatoes

Stewed Roma Tomatoes and Roasted Winter Veggies

Steamed Mussels with Tomato Sambuca Broth

Paella - Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday

Bacalao - Tuesday and Friday

Snow Crab Legs

Steamed Clams

Herb-marinated Salmon

Batter-Fried Shrimp - Sunday and Wednesday

Batter-Fried Calamari - Tuesday and Friday

Fried Claim Strips - Monday, Thursday and Saturday

Kids: Mac and Cheese; Chicken Drumsticks, Fried Cod Nuggets and Cheese Pizza

Desserts: Lemon Cheesecake with Blueberry Whipped Cream; Flourless Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Puree; Strawberry Shortcake; Boston Cream Cake; Individual Caramel Flan, Cookies, Cupcakes and Brownies.

That's all we know. Nothing is known for sure until they actually start...

Hope that helps...

~NM

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

In other news.... DH and I were suppose to be in Mexico yesterday through next Sunday but his boss decided that he needs to work Monday and Tuesday:scared1::scared1: He just decided this 4 days ago.. thank goodness we had trip insurance

After being very angry for days I realized that in order for us not to lose the airline credit we had to fly before 4.13.2014 . This is the only time off I have between now and then sooooooo.....

DH and I need to be added to the BOG list 4/18-4/20 BC SV. We are then transferring to the Swan until 4/23 because the rate was so much better and there "were no rooms at the INN", I am flying down first thing Tuesday and DH is flying down after work on Tuesday. While I am bummed because I really wanted my all inclusive sit and do nothing in Mexico, at least we will get out of this blasted polar vortex and endless snow. We have had 144 inches so far this winter:eek: We have AP's so this just made sense

I will try to send updates.... now back to last minute planning

This is our first time at WDW together, and we will be staying at the Beach Club Villas at the end of June. Any suggestions about making then most of this resort would be appreciated. I just joined DIS forums today, and this is my third post. I've already had some great responses, and the information is invaluable. I've been enjoying the DIS unplugged webcasts on YouTube, as well.

Welcome db75me! What dates are you staying and Dee can add you to the BOG list when she returns!

Teena. Thanks for the Cape May menu update. This is a great planning tool!

EVERYONE ELSE! I am keeping up with the BOG list offline. Really not as efficient as Dee so I won't be able to post each update/addition to The List

Hey guys ... worked today and it was tough talking all day with my cough and wheezing but I got through it. Working again tomorrow and then off to Jeanne's on Wednesday for two weeks. I'll get on the computer a few times while I'm out with Jeanne but depending on how much action our thread gets, I might not have time to read everything. So, if you need me specifically for something, send a PM and that way I know I won't miss it when I log on every few days. I got the information on Cape May (dinner) for everybody: As of today ... but always subject to change: The normal soups and salads Mediterranean Pasta - Sunday and Wednesday Vodka Cream Pasta - Monday, Thursday and Saturday Rigatoni Cream Pasta - Tuesday and Friday Chicken Breast with Mushroom Cream Sauce - Sundays, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday Barbeque Pork Ribs - Monday, Thursday and Saturday Mashed Potatoes Gravy Steamed Corn on the Cob Steamed Red Potatoes Stewed Roma Tomatoes and Roasted Winter Veggies Steamed Mussels with Tomato Sambuca Broth Paella - Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday Bacalao - Tuesday and Friday Snow Crab Legs Steamed Clams Herb-marinated Salmon Batter-Fried Shrimp - Sunday and Wednesday Batter-Fried Calamari - Tuesday and Friday Fried Claim Strips - Monday, Thursday and Saturday Kids: Mac and Cheese; Chicken Drumsticks, Fried Cod Nuggets and Cheese Pizza Desserts: Lemon Cheesecake with Blueberry Whipped Cream; Flourless Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Puree; Strawberry Shortcake; Boston Cream Cake; Individual Caramel Flan, Cookies, Cupcakes and Brownies.

Glad you're feeling a little better. Don't over do it today at work so you're healthy for your flight out.
Wish I wasn't gonna miss you. We'll be at EP tomorrow night, then over for a late night at MK. :)
I'm so excited about the forecast!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We will be checking into the BC on March 1 and I just read on another thread that they are switching out the RFID mugs with a new design (already spotted at another resort). Can anyone tell me whether they have made the switch at BC yet? We are on the dp so we will get 5 and I already have a ton of the old design. It would be great if we could get something different this time! Lol! TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter