2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother sent me this cartoon he found today, and of course had to share it!!

Teena - hope work wasn't too crazy for you today with it being the Holiday and all...enjoy your trip! We will be seeing you in just over three weeks!!!

Linda :)

WDW4us2006, that's a pretty perfect sentiment. On our last trip (just last month), two of the five days we were gone, the schools closed for snow. I swear, that was half the reason I booked a bounceback. At least if I'm coming back to snow and ice, I can get excited about being back at Disney in a few months. Of course, I won't be escaping the snow and ice. But it's not like mid-August in Pennsylvania is a joy to behold.

Teenaglad to hear you're feeling better!
Deehope you're having a great time
Nanette won't be long now, yay for new flip flops ( without yak tracks attached lol)!
Buzzy thanks for the pic!! Very nice :goodvibes
Mickey T great job :thumbsup2

We ate at BOG this past January and really loved it, so I'm going to try to get a reservation for that for dinner. We preferred dinner to lunch, which seems contrary to what most are posting on the dis. I'd also like to take my mom to V&A for dinner. The Chef's Table, if we can get it. I took her there a few years ago and she said it was the best meal she's ever eaten. I'm considering a meal at the Biergarten, too. We haven't been there for quite some time. I loved it - we had lunch with a really interesting group of people (we like meeting new people over brats and beer).

And this photo of my youngest pretty much sums up my opinion of snow right now.

Love this picture! We got another 8ish inches today and that's EXACTLY how I feel! This is the never-ending winter!

Love this picture! We got another 8ish inches today and that's EXACTLY how I feel! This is the never-ending winter!

We're supposed to get another 3-5 inches tonight. At this point, I don't think I can handle another snow day while sober. I honestly think the August trip I'm planning is a direct result of this winter.

We leave on Saturday and I think I've officially entered the giddy stage. I'm at work (shhhh) and I just can't think straight. I'm so excited to be heading back to WDW and the BC. We are forecasted to get 5-7" of snow today and tonight was my only free night to run some last minute errands, but I don't think that will happen. Can't say I'm a big fan of the rain that's currently in the WDW forecast; Monday looks like it could be a lot of rain, but that's still a week away. Started thinking about packing yesterday, but I just can't decide on quantities of short sleeve vs. long sleeve and shorts vs. capris. Okay, must focus and get something done.

I usually pack a couple capris but mostly wear shorts. If it is cool in the morning I will wear a zip hoodie to keep warm, Have fun:cool1:

Yes I will be and yes this is the trip I won :) Everyday I check the weather forecast for there and here in NYC... there for warmth and here praying there is no snow and I'll get out!! So far it looks ok to be able to leave, and there it's warm so, the new flops have been ordered.. yay for flops!!

I think all of us are really over the weather and the snow for sure right about now!!

Have fun planning your trip!!

~N

I know what you mean about checking the weather obsessively. I do too. I can not wait to leave this stupid polar vortex , constant blizzard. Uggggghhhh. I am now heading to bed since I need to wake up at 3 for my 5:30 flight.
Have fun and yeah to new flip flops:banana:

Hi We were booked for club level at the yacht club in July but it turns out due to medical reasons my mother in law won't be travelling with us. We are thinking that we should downgrade from club level, as she would have loved that but I think its excessive for ds, dh and me ( we also have ddp for length of stay) but it looks like there are no standard rooms available for our dates. Looking at the beach club, standard room, garden view. Is this still a good option, is the biggest difference just the balconies? We will be staying 18 nights. From lurking on the boards both resorts look good, a busy lobby doesn't bother me as we stayed at the Poly last year and will have a 6 year old with us.

Balconies are definitely one of the differences. Decor is another, but both resorts are lovely and the locations can't be best. I believe you would be satisfied going with either. I agree that the DDP plus club level is a lot but my preference would be to keep CL, pay OOP for meals and ditch the dining plan. That's just my preference though.

Balconies are definitely one of the differences. Decor is another, but both resorts are lovely and the locations can't be best. I believe you would be satisfied going with either. I agree that the DDP plus club level is a lot but my preference would be to keep CL, pay OOP for meals and ditch the dining plan. That's just my preference though.

This would be my preference as well. I can't speak to the BC, since this will be our first stay somewhere other than AKL for several trips. But the year we stayed CL and had the dining plan, it was way too much food. Are you definitely planning to have a sit down meal each day? If not, the dining plan might not make sense. Do you have any breakfast ADRs? We loved breakfast in the lounge. The kids could eat their cereal and watch cartoons while I had my coffee and oatmeal. And if we found ourselves back at the resort during the day, we could relax in the lounge.

Thanks. I should have said we are coming from the UK so the ddp was included free (yes I know it's not really free) in our package anyway. Changing to standard room would save loads, waiting to hear back from Disney today, about availability of a standard room at the yacht club on the UK deals.
We had the ddp last year and enjoyed the table service meals, over 18 days it was nice to have a slower pace.

Teenaglad to hear you're feeling better!
Deehope you're having a great time
Nanette won't be long now, yay for new flip flops ( without yak tracks attached lol)!
Buzzy thanks for the pic!! Very nice :goodvibes
Mickey T great job :thumbsup2

Can't speak for everybody but I sure miss Dee :cool:.

Thanks. I should have said we are coming from the UK so the ddp was included free (yes I know it's not really free) in our package anyway. Changing to standard room would save loads, waiting to hear back from Disney today, about availability of a standard room at the yacht club on the UK deals.
We had the ddp last year and enjoyed the table service meals, over 18 days it was nice to have a slower pace.

I have stayed club level many years at YC and BC once. Didn't care for BC CL at all. But last summer we did NOT do club level just YC standard with a lagoon upgrade. We loved it and honestly didn't miss the club level all. For 18 nights take the savings and run. Will be WAY too much food and not worth it honestly.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

In other news.... DH and I were suppose to be in Mexico yesterday through next Sunday but his boss decided that he needs to work Monday and Tuesday:scared1::scared1: He just decided this 4 days ago.. thank goodness we had trip insurance

After being very angry for days I realized that in order for us not to lose the airline credit we had to fly before 4.13.2014 . This is the only time off I have between now and then sooooooo.....

We were booked for club level at the yacht club in July but it turns out due to medical reasons my mother in law won't be travelling with us. .

I love the way we take negatives and turn them into positives. Good from bad. That's our Y&BC for ya.....

And wmoon....I checked the BOG list on page 1 and noticed your dates weren't there. Let us know if you would like to be included.

We've never stayed club level but I know that there are a lot of fans of club level on these boards. Since a club level room is identical to a non club level room, you have to decide for yourself if the additional snacks and beverages are worth the high price. :scared1:

We've never stayed club level but I know that there are a lot of fans of club level on these boards. Since a club level room is identical to a non club level room, you have to decide for yourself if the additional snacks and beverages are worth the high price. :scared1:

Thanks. It's not worth it for the three of us. Looks like we are able to keep the yacht club, pool/lagoon view and our dining and save a great chunk of money towards or spending.

Been reading as much as I can regarding Beach Club. We rented points for Labor Day weekend.
Now I am reading that the pools close at 8pm. Is this true?

Been reading as much as I can regarding Beach Club. We rented points for Labor Day weekend. Now I am reading that the pools close at 8pm. Is this true?
Hours have been fluctuating lately but that time of year they were open until at least 10. Quiet pools are always open but not guarded.

Can't wait! Going April 4-12..We have never stayed at YC...staying CL...Has anyone ever rented boats...etc...my kids are very excited about this. :) :)

If you are talking about the little sea raycers, keep in mind drivers need to be at least 12 years old and 5 feet tall. Unfortunately, my over-12 but undersized DS is still waiting his chance to get to drive. :drive:

I told him there are some adults out there who will never get to drive even though they are WELL over the age.

Younger and shorter kids can still be passengers in the 2-person boats.

Hope you have a great time at YC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter