2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can call CRO (Central Reservations Office) and add your request to your reservation any time. Last I knew, you couldn't get that specific with requests for the online checkin. I think there are selections you can make like "Full balcony" "Ground Floor" or "Upper Floor"

FYI- I think what you want is the back of the resort- the front is where the ME buses pull up, by the port corchere (sp).

So the request would be "Courtyard View, back (lakeside) side of Beach Club" I was in one of these rooms that fit this description. It was awesome people watching.

Oops, yes thank you!! That would have been a dumb mistake. :rotfl: I will call closer to trip time. :)

I want to be looking towards the front of the resort, boardwalk side, not the back if that makes sense. I know it won't be a direct view, because those are lagoon views. I just don't think I want a woods view?

So do you request when you check-in online or before?

FYI- I think what you want is the back of the resort- the front is where the ME buses pull up, by the port corchere (sp).

So the request would be "Courtyard View, back (lakeside) side of Beach Club" I was in one of these rooms that fit this description. It was awesome people watching.

Oops, yes thank you!! That would have been a dumb mistake. :rotfl: I will call closer to trip time. :)

I was always told that the front of the resort was the side that was facing the water. The back of the resort would be the service side, the side that was not at all attractive, which would be the back door, the door that you walk through when coming from the buses or parking lot.

But I see so many people call the back entrance the front entrance that I wouldn't use either description when asking for a room location. ;)

I was always told that the front of the resort was the side that was facing the water. The back of the resort would be the service side, the side that was not at all attractive, which would be the back door, the door that you walk through when coming from the buses or parking lot.

But I see so many people call the back entrance the front entrance that I wouldn't use either description when asking for a room location. ;)

The front of the resort is where the front entrance or front door is ... you come in there from the parking lot, from the road, etc. The back of the resort faces the lagoon and that is the back entrance. The back entrance is the way to go to the pool, the boats and Epcot. The front door is the door that you go through when you come into the resort. I have never in the ten years I've worked there heard anybody confuse the two.

The front of the resort is where the front entrance or front door is ... you come in there from the parking lot, from the road, etc. The back of the resort faces the lagoon and that is the back entrance. The back entrance is the way to go to the pool, the boats and Epcot. The front door is the door that you go through when you come into the resort. I have never in the ten years I've worked there heard anybody confuse the two.

Thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup2
I'm sure that there are others who have been confused, too. ;)

That is why I always refer to this as the back (lakeside) entrance in my posts. That way it is clear.

Guess I'm the first! There's one in every crowd... :rotfl:

Thanks everyone for your help! :)

Funny story. Our preschool son now has decided he does not like princesses, which is funny BC we don't really do them anyway (we assume boys at school must have been discussing that Disney is cool, just not princesses). But he loves Belle (ever since he was picked as beast at etwb) so he and I will have words with anyone who calls her a princess. And I think he is struggling with how to reconcile that he thinks Sofia is nice too.

amg35 said:
Guess I'm the first! There's one in every crowd... :rotfl:

Thanks everyone for your help! :)

While many/most Disney fanatics-or at least BC/yc afficianados - know the back/front distinctions, I can tell u I know several frequent wdw travelers (including even in my own family )who get it confused.

So I got a call yesterday morning from my aunt saying that she booked a room at the BC for her and her DH (this will be the first time staying here for both of them, they normally stay at the Poly). They used the 30% off deal when they booked. She wants me to come to her house this morning to help her plan out her trip for her (she has gone many times, but hates the planning part of it). Her trip is in June (they check in on 6/17) and she wants me to make all of her reservations, help her plan out which days to go to which parks, etc.... I am fine with this and all since I love to plan out any Disney trip, (whenever someone in my family, even friends of family members, needs help planning a trip, they know who to call :goodvibes) but she can be so indecisive about things....wish me luck :goodvibes. However, I am excited that they are trying out this beautiful resort, for years it was either the Poly or nothing at all....it was almost like they didn't know there were tons of other resorts to choose from :sad2:.

So I got a call yesterday morning from my aunt saying that she booked a room at the BC for her and her DH. They used the 30% off deal when they booked. Her trip is in June (they check in on 6/17) and she wants me to make all of her reservations, help her plan out which days to go to which parks, etc....

I just wanted to point out the current public discount (30%) is only valid for stays through June 15.

There are some private pin offers out there but all I have seen or read about exclude the summer months, including all of June.

Perhaps they are eligible for the military discount?

Just wanted you/her to be aware she may think that she got a discount but is currently booked at full rate. Then, if and when a discount would be offered, she wouldn't know to call and have it applied to her stay.

Hope that make sense. Know I would not want to be thinking I had a discounted rate when reality was it was full price! And don't want your aunt to either. ;)

We're booked for 3rd week of June at full rate. I could have gotten AAA discount for a water view room, but didn't want to give up my Garden View. That's all that's available at this time, although I am crossing my fingers and hoping for a discount code to come out!

Funny story. Our preschool son now has decided he does not like princesses, which is funny BC we don't really do them anyway (we assume boys at school must have been discussing that Disney is cool, just not princesses). But he loves Belle (ever since he was picked as beast at etwb) so he and I will have words with anyone who calls her a princess. And I think he is struggling with how to reconcile that he thinks Sofia is nice too.

Ahh... the memories! When one of my boys was little some imperious kindergarten huzzy decided that Thomas the Tank Engine was for babies and ganged up on him and his Thomas love with some of her other hapless toadies. No matter what I did I couldn't talk him back into his Thomas obsession..... but He did replace it with a Star Wars fever! No chick would ever dare mess with a guys Star WARS obsession.....

Today at the ripe old age of teenager he still thinks fondly of Thomas and we still have all of his trains for when he has kids, only this time his kids will have a Grandmom who patrols the playground listening for the dream killers and other losers who think they can peer pressure the joy out of innocent little dreamers. I'll sidle up to them and in a quite moment whisper that Santa Claus knows exactly who they are and that they won't be getting diddly squat for Christmas because they are SO MEAN!

Humph!

~Ninja Grandmom

You know, it's funny, my DD is a tomboy and was never into the Princess thing. But we did a couple of Princess meals (Cindy's, Ariel's Grotto at DCA) because we wanted to eat at those locations. My son *loved* the Princesses. He was chatting them up and charming them at the age of 3, beaming at them and flirting up a storm. At Cindy's Jasmine gave him a kiss on the cheek, and left a big red lipstick mark behind! He wouldn't let us wipe it off, and he had lipstick on his cheek all afternoon, proudly telling anyone who asked that Jasmine had kissed him! And at Ariel's at DCA, Belle taught him how to dance, and we have a great little video of him dancing with Belle.

So it seems to me that some boys can enjoy the Princesses too. ;)

I just wanted to point out the current public discount (30%) is only valid for stays through June 15.

There are some private pin offers out there but all I have seen or read about exclude the summer months, including all of June.

Perhaps they are eligible for the military discount?

Just wanted you/her to be aware she may think that she got a discount but is currently booked at full rate. Then, if and when a discount would be offered, she wouldn't know to call and have it applied to her stay.

Hope that make sense. Know I would not want to be thinking I had a discounted rate when reality was it was full price! And don't want your aunt to either. ;)

Thank you so much for the info....I will have to check with her on that. When she told me she booked she said that she got something in the mail (I am guessing it was a pin code :confused3) for a package and they were going to add the dining plan to it. I automatically assumed that it was the promo that Disney has right now, but it definitely could be something else since the dates are different then the promo has....and come to think of it, wasn't that promo that is out right now only for room only and not a package? I will definitely look into it and let her know, and if they did book at rack rate and a discount comes out for their dates, I will make sure to have her call and get that applied :goodvibes.

They are staying in a standard gardenview room and had already requested to be placed on the second floor with a balcony. I explained to her that that all rooms have balconies (unless you are on the first floor) but there are 2 different types of balconies which she said that she is going to call back and request to have a full balcony (she knows that it is only a request and may or may not be fulfilled). I also had to explained to them what the IG was and showed them how close the resort was to both Epcot and DHS, which they had no idea it was that close. Like I said before they are only used to the Poly and the MK resort area so they have no idea about the Epcot resorts.

I noticed it mentioned in this thread there was so supposed construction happening at the BC, does anyone have a time frame on this? What is it that they are doing in the construction or refurbishment, I'm not even sure what to call it.

We are thinking about staying at the BC instead of the Poly where we normally stay, because of all the construction happening over there. Now I'm concerned that the BC might not be ideal either (we will be there in July if that matters).

I'm sorry if this question was already answered, I'm making my way through the thread and saw construction mentioned.

I noticed it mentioned in this thread there was so supposed construction happening at the BC, does anyone have a time frame on this? What is it that they are doing in the construction or refurbishment, I'm not even sure what to call it.

We are thinking about staying at the BC instead of the Poly where we normally stay, because of all the construction happening over there. Now I'm concerned that the BC might not be ideal either (we will be there in July if that matters).

I'm sorry if this question was already answered, I'm making my way through the thread and saw construction mentioned.

Only a refurb of rooms and hallways starting on the fifth floor ... probably in August.

Hi all - we are booked in a 1 bedroom villa at BCV and I'm wondering about any special location requests we should be aware of. Is there a "better" place to be? Just not sure what options there are for the villas! Thanks!

Only a refurb of rooms and hallways starting on the fifth floor ... probably in August.

Thanks for this info, even though we will be there at the end of July into the first week in august I doubt a room/hallway refurb will be anything for us to worry about so I'm glad to hear that.

Calling soon...I'm going to do it. We are upgrading to CL, I think you guys are right! I think mornings will be easier and I can drink my weight in Diet Coke on any given day...lol

You will NOT regret it. Especially with a large group you can take turns getting fully ready and having breakfast instead of having to wait for everyone to be ready and then go get breakfast somewhere... Only problem is that you will be spoiled forEVER. LOL

Just booked the BC for May 3-10th.

I have never stayed at a Deluxe before and decided to break the budget and book as I have always wanted to stay in the Epcot resort area.

Booked Gardenview (was the cheapest available) and I can't wait!!

Those are pretty much our dates for our 2012 trip. It was perfect - crowds were low and it wasn't too hot.

Ah, SO SAD that this starts in preschool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter