2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is probably a really dumb question but does the pool staff at Stormalong Bay monitor beach chairs that are not being used? Nothing gets me more peeved on a vacation than people who put towels on a dozen chairs in the early hours of the am and never come back to them until later in the afternoon (if at all ever). I know this is silly but I was just wondering as we are going during a busy time and there are only 3 of us. I usually only take 1 chair as one parent is always playing with my son and we just need the one for breaks or if one parent is relaxing. I wish everyone else was courteous too!

I have only seen a CM once go around & remove towels from chairs and that was 2 years ago and I couldn't agree with you more about the whole chair "hogging"... it's extremely annoying. What we do is if we see chairs that have towels and no personal belongings, we'll ask folks in that area if they've seen anyone in those seats in a while. If the answer is no, we remove those towels and take the seats.

I omitted to make a room request/preference at the time of booking. Is there a number I can call to specify this (I am in the UK if that makes a difference), and if so, how many days prior to arrival should I do this

Thanks

You can call and add a room request to your reservation at any time. I would do it at least a week before arrival. If you wait too close to your arrival date, they might have already transmitted the reservation (without room request) from reservations to your resort ( at least, I think that's how it works).

I'm not sure if there's a different number from the UK, but I would just try the main reservation number, (407) 939-5277. Just have your confirmation number for your reservation handy and tell them you want to add a room request.

page 103-106

I just booked YC for 5/24 - 5/28 with the FL resident discount. Dh and I stayed at YC last year over the same weekend for SWW. This trip will be my sister and two nieces (8 & 5) and myself. It will be the second time I have taken them to disney. I just found out I am expecting, I will be about 15 weeks during our trip. Even though I am a passholder and have many trips under my belt I am a little nervous about going pregnant! Any tips or room request ideas would be appreciated!! Can't wait to be back at YC!

:welcome: back and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

No particular hints for you other than stay hydrated, take it easy and have fun!

:goodvibes

Beach Club Bum and DH 09/17-09/28 BC CL bounceback FD DDP

:welcome:

:cool1:

Updating my info for the Be our guest list , We will be at the BC CL from 5/30 - 6/7

AND I have a question(s)! We have decided to fly in Thursday night (5/29) instead of Friday morning. I booked a room at POP for that night. Our Flight comes in at 8:30

SO my questions for anybody that has done a split like this. When checking into pop do I just make arrangements for them to move our luggage to the BC the next day? We are packing a carry on with items we need so we don't need out big luggage.

Also...We are planning to Hit the MK Friday....what's better, just check out and hit MK...then take a little afternoon break and check in at BC? Or head over there before we go to MK?

Got it!

I have never done a split stay within Disney, so I only know what I have read- I don't think I have anything in the FAQ post, but I really should try to write something up.

If I recall correctly, Disney does not transfer luggage between resorts until the afternoon. If you are in no rush to get your larger bags that day, then you certainly could have Disney make the switch, and then head directly to MK-

Will you be driving to MK, or using the bus? If you have a car, you could just transport the luggage yourself, although I don't know if it is wise to keep your luggage in the trunk if there is one. If you don't have a car, you will need a place for your carryon stuff- so you could rent a locker at MK if you don't have a car and don't want to carry your things.

:)

Thanks for adding us. We will be there from May 10-14. Really looking forward to it. :beach:

:thumbsup2

Just checking in from my family trip to Port Orleans RIVERSIDE.

So far it's been the trip from H E double hockey sticks....

*snip*

~NM

Wow! :scared:

Hope things have gotten better for you and your family.

Here is a question about transportation to and from the BC. I am aware of the busses to and from the parks, the boat to and from HS, and the monorail from Epcot to the MK (after a 20? walk from BC through the international gateway). What I don't quite understand is timing and procedure. For instance, if we want to me at AK by opening, at what time do we go to the bus? Are there busses that go directly to each park, or do the make various stops on the way? Thanks for your insight in advance.

I wish there was a definitive answer about the buses! In the past, at least, a lot has depended on the time of year and the time of day you are using the buses.

We always hit the parks at early extra magic rope drop (8 am), after having a quick breakfast in the CL lounge. When we have been at the bus stop at 7:30 am, a bus to where we are going has always arrived within 5 minutes, and the buses have always gone directly to MK or AK (15 minute ride). We have always arrived either at rope drop or close to it. If you wanted to guarantee arrival for opening, I would recommend being at the bus stop 45 minutes to an hour before opening at that time in the morning.

Question about the meetup - will anyone have kids there? I'll be traveling with my mom and three older kids (they'll be 11, 9, and 6 at the time). I'm sure they'd be happy enough hanging out at the pool but if there will be other kids there, I'd bring them with.

Some do, some don't.

Robyn- I have only seen pictures of you, not your DH or kids. Do they usually come to the meets?

Let's try to get a feel for this in August as everyone is solidifying plans. Personally, if the kids would be happier at the pool, I think it makes sense to let them do that, and enjoy some adult time with your new friends!

Just wanted to post about our wonderful trip to the YC!

DH and I stayed from 2/5-2/16 at the YC. We got married at the gazebo on the 10th! The wedding was fabulous! loved the gazebo and we took pics all around the YC which is beautiful.

Our stay was not without hiccups but was so fun. We were suppose to fly out 2/5 at 630AM from Philly but that was when we had that huge ice storm. We got on the 330PM flight but ended up flying out at 830PM. I think we checked in at 1130PM. We unpacked some stuff and got our room ready and went to bed. Had to get up at 530 for our Keys to the Kingdom tour. I think we got 3-4 hours of sleep. It was fine though because it was our first day in the MK so we were pumped!

We loved the YC. We ate at Captain's Grille for breakfast (loved the ala carte and buffet style), Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner, had room service a couple of times (Martin was fabulous!!), Cape May Cafe Clam Bake and Beaches and Cream. All were so good!! DH got a massage at Ship Shape and I got a facial.. so relaxing! I tried to go back for a walk in manicure but they were really booked. We love, love, LOVED the pool! So awesome! Loved the slide and the lazy river. We also loved the walking distance to the Boardwalk and EPCOT. Wish we could have made it over to Jellyrolls but there's always next time ;) ;)

Everyone was super friendly and we really liked all the accommodations. We were suppose to fly home on the 14th but we had another huge storm on the 13th so we stayed an extra two days and switched our flight to Sunday the 16th. It was amazing. One of our best trips ever! We stayed at BWI before but weren't really a fan. Definitely loved YC and would love to try BC next!!

ETA: forgot to say we stayed in room 4132. It was on the 4th floor, really close to the elevators. It was definitely prime real estate! It was so quick to get to everything, especially the store. We had a garden view room but could see the Disney bus stop partially through the trees. The rooms are so nice and comfy. Especially after staying at POFQ.

Thanks for your review! I'm so glad to hear the wedding was fantastic and your trip was great!

:goodvibes

Just registered for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon! It will be my first half. :scared: DH is doing the 5k, kids are doing the one-mile. Any other BC/YC friends running?

Fun!! When is that? I really want to do a half next year. :-)

Booked yesterday! This will be our first stay at YC and our first time at any Epcot resort. I'm a little nervous about that since our DDs love MK and we do spend the majority of our time there. But excited to try something new!

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

ETA: oops! Staying 9/13-9/20.

I have only seen a CM once go around & remove towels from chairs and that was 2 years ago and I couldn't agree with you more about the whole chair "hogging"... it's extremely annoying. What we do is if we see chairs that have towels and no personal belongings, we'll ask folks in that area if they've seen anyone in those seats in a while. If the answer is no, we remove those towels and take the seats.

Fast passes for pool chairs! :hyper:

I'm sur this has been asked, but I would love opinions from those who can compare...

We are planning a 4-5nt May trip and want to return to our favorite area - Beach & Yacht. We found some great AP rates on both for all 3 of our potential dates. I am HOPING we can score BC for Memorial Day Weekend but we may need to go earlier in the month due to DH's work. Those dates only are available at Yacht - which we have never stayed at. Since we will not be doing CL ($500 up charge wasn't going to be worth it for this trip) we know at BC we can use the Marketplace, but at Yacht how does the Ale & Compass compare? We will get quick food stuffs there in the morning and coffee.
We grabbed pastries and coffees with a banana on the odd morning -all very good!
I'm bumping this for Happymomof1 becasue I'm kind of interested and it got overlooked in the thread and I was hoping someone had an answer :p ::yes::
Don't have any photos but there was definitely Earl Grey Breakfast tea and Green Tea among others in my room-both very tasty :thumbsup2
Thanks!!!!!!!

page 107-110

GRRRR!!!! Almost finished my replies and I lost what I had typed!

Take 2:

Thank you to all of you for your concern.

:grouphug:

Anyone who has been to BC lately know, or have photos of the hot tea selection in the room and in marketplace? (I have not been to WDW since before they changed beverages to Joffrey's)

Also, are Styrofoam cups/lids still stocked in the room to take them "to go"?

Thanks!!

I'm bumping this for Happymomof1 becasue I'm kind of interested and it got overlooked in the thread and I was hoping someone had an answer :p ::yes::

Thanks!!!!!!!

Another BUMP!

There is definitely a photo of the tea selection in one of the Marketplace photo threads, but the picture is not recent.

Can someone who is going in the next few weeks check out the selection and snap a picture?

TIA

Just introducing myself on this thread. We just booked our first stay at the YC for 8/15-8/23. I'm very excited, I've always wanted to stay at an Epcot resort! (We usually stay at POR or POLY.)

It will be me, DH, 2 DDs, and 5 DSs, including a newborn that will be just old enough to travel for his first visit to the happiest place on Earth in August! (Yes, we have 6, almost 7 kids.) :) As an added bonus, we are blessed to get to bring my parents with us for their first trip since they took me to the Magic Kingdom for one day in 1978. :goodvibes

Now, to see how much of this thread I can get through. :thumbsup2

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Definitely check out the first two pages of this thread. LOTS of info and pictures about the resort can be found there. If you aren't able to get through the rest of the thread, no worries. Just keep up from where you came in.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

We are thinking about switching things up and staying at the YC/BC next time. We typically stay at the GF so what can I expect? It been 20 years since I stayed at the BC. Any insights - especially regarding ambiance -- is appreciated! :)

My favorite thing about the resort is that you can leave your room and be in EPCOT in less than 10 minutes!

I prefer the lighter décor of the Beach Club, but the more sophisticated nautical décor of the Yacht Club is also great. As far as ambiance, you will certainly find it to be quieter and more relaxed at the YC than at the BC.

back to the world on the 22nd-24 (super quick trip) for our 23rd anniversary. I had booked Polynesian again but after hearing about all of the mess about to begin at the GCH I told hubby I was thinking about canceling the trip. I told him about all of the things going on, etc. He suggested going back to YC, which we haven't stayed at in years. I was able to change the reservation over to YC GV and add our 16 year old on with a ticket and dining for only $150 mire than what I was paying for the two of us at the Poly.

Can anyone tell me that QS options will be available in the evening on the BW and also any reviews of the breakfast buffet at YCG (or Captains Grille, think that's the new name for it ;) )

:welcome: and Happy Anniversary!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

There are links to a couple of reviews, with pictures, of the Captain's Grille breakfast in the Dining Link on Page 1.

I posted this information in a subsequent post.

Continued...

Im hoping someone here can help me.Ive read that some international flights now qualify for Resort Airline Check-in, but i can't find which airlines they are,or even if YC is one of the participating resort.Any ideas? :confused3
TIA x

I haven't seen anything definitive about this. I did go over to the Transportation subforum yesterday and searched RAC International but I didn't find anything helpful.

:sad2:

I omitted to make a room request/preference at the time of booking. Is there a number I can call to specify this (I am in the UK if that makes a difference), and if so, how many days prior to arrival should I do this

Thanks

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS.

When is your trip?

How did you book the trip? Travel agent, phone or email?

If TA, then he or she can add your request to your reservation for you.

If you booked it yourself, contact Disney's Central Reservation Office (not sure if there is a special number for UK guests) and add your preference to your reservation now. I suggest following up 10 days before your trip to make sure your request is still noted.

Just registered for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon! It will be my first half. :scared: DH is doing the 5k, kids are doing the one-mile. Any other BC/YC friends running?

:woohoo:

I'm sur this has been asked, but I would love opinions from those who can compare...

We are planning a 4-5nt May trip and want to return to our favorite area - Beach & Yacht. We found some great AP rates on both for all 3 of our potential dates. I am HOPING we can score BC for Memorial Day Weekend but we may need to go earlier in the month due to DH's work. Those dates only are available at Yacht - which we have never stayed at. Since we will not be doing CL ($500 up charge wasn't going to be worth it for this trip) we know at BC we can use the Marketplace, but at Yacht how does the Ale & Compass compare? We will get quick food stuffs there in the morning and coffee.

Let us know when you book the trip!

There are some pictures of the Ale & Compass breakfast offerings in the Dining Post on Page 1. I posted the info below.

The A&C doesn't have the same items available as The Marketplace. It is like comparing apples and oranges (which, in fact, the A&C does have)

A&C is good if you want a quick cup of coffee, muffin, fruit or some cereal.

Ok this is probably a really dumb question but does the pool staff at Stormalong Bay monitor beach chairs that are not being used? Nothing gets me more peeved on a vacation than people who put towels on a dozen chairs in the early hours of the am and never come back to them until later in the afternoon (if at all ever). I know this is silly but I was just wondering as we are going during a busy time and there are only 3 of us. I usually only take 1 chair as one parent is always playing with my son and we just need the one for breaks or if one parent is relaxing. I wish everyone else was courteous too!

The Towel Game!

Unfortunately, this is a problem on cruises, at beaches and many resorts throughout the world. I don't think the lifeguards or other CMs typically go through and remove towels. I think people have usually been able to find a seat, even in busy times.

I wish I had a great solution for this problem!

:confused3

Fast passes for pool chairs! :hyper:

Best idea I have heard all morning.

Whoo HOO! I couldn't agree more! We are officially booking for August Yacht Club! Will be celebrating DS 10 yr bday. So excited!:dancer:party:

I'll add you to the list.

Yay! I should be able to call and book our trip tomorrow. :D

Let us know when you book. December? January?

Booked yesterday! This will be our first stay at YC and our first time at any Epcot resort. I'm a little nervous about that since our DDs love MK and we do spend the majority of our time there. But excited to try something new!

Let us know if you have any specific questions

DSCN2926-1.jpg

The Captain's Grille (formerly the Yacht Club Galley) serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Please note: Disney Visa holders can save 10% on the purchase of breakfast or lunch by using their card at the Captain's Grille

Captain's Grille Menu

Captain's Grille Buffet, January 2014
Seasonal fruit, Yogurt, assorted pastries, Pancakes, Smoked Salmon and Bagels, Bread Pudding, Oatmeal, Cold Cereals, Bacon, Sausage, Potatoes, Scrambled Eggs, and Chef's Frittata (includes coffee, tea, juice, or soft drinks) $18.99 per person

Early Starters
Seasonal Fruit Arrangement - honey-lemon fruit salsa, house-made granola bar and yogurt $8.99
Steel-cut Oatmeal Brulee - brandied bananas, dried cranberries and sweet cream $8.99
Smoked Salmon and Toasted Bagel - served with traditional accompaniments $8.99

A La Carte Selections
Tailored Eggs - two eggs, savory hash browns, with a choice of bacon or sausage and a biscuit $10.99
Lobster Omelet - butter-warmed lobster, asparagus, chive-infused cream and captain's potatoes $13.49
Tailored Omelet - your choice of Meats, Vegetables, and Cheese served with savory hash browns, and a Biscuit $11.49
Poached Eggs - lump crab salad, prosciutto, potato rosti, and herb hollandaise $13.99
Citrus-scented French Toast - Challah Bread with lavender-infused strawberry compote and white chocolate ganache with your choice of Bacon or Sausage $10.99
Dark Chocolate Waffles - dried cherry compote, espresso-mascarpone cream, chocolate shavings and a choice of bacon or sausage $10.99
Buttermilk Pancakes - served with Bacon or Sausage $9.49; Add Blueberries or Chocolate Chips $1.00 ea.
Lemon-Ricotta Hotcakes - blueberry compote, citrus pudding, and savory hash browns $10.99
Mickey Waffles - choice of bacon or sausage $8.99
Petite Strip Loin and Eggs - Charon Sauce and savory hash browns $15.49
Egg Whites or Egg Substitute available

Here is a link to a few pictures from the daily breakfast buffet provided by TaraPA: Breakfast Buffet pictures

Captain's Grille Breakfast review by missyrose and pixeldust

Captain's Grille Breakfast Buffet, Review by emmysmommy

We're making a quick getaway to BC this weekend...checking in Friday and out Sunday. We don't plan on leaving the resort at all and I'm so looking forward to it, it's been awhile! :cheer2:

When we were there in Feb we saw the CM who was emptying the dirty towel bins taking towels off chairs. He only took towels off the chairs that was not any personal belongings with.

Enjoy the pool. It is awesome:cool1:

DSCN2926-1.jpg

The Captain's Grille (formerly the Yacht Club Galley) serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Please note: Disney Visa holders can save 10% on the purchase of breakfast or lunch by using their card at the Captain's Grille

Captain's Grille Menu

Captain's Grille Buffet, January 2014
Seasonal fruit, Yogurt, assorted pastries, Pancakes, Smoked Salmon and Bagels, Bread Pudding, Oatmeal, Cold Cereals, Bacon, Sausage, Potatoes, Scrambled Eggs, and Chef's Frittata (includes coffee, tea, juice, or soft drinks) $18.99 per person

Here is a link to a few pictures from the daily breakfast buffet provided by TaraPA: Breakfast Buffet pictures

Captain's Grille Breakfast review by missyrose and pixeldust

Captain's Grille Breakfast Buffet, Review by emmysmommy

Love the breakfast buffer:goodvibes

thank you natebenma, I just looked back through my signature and realized that it's been six years since we last stayed at YC. Wow. Back then our girls were 10& 12. Now our 16 almost 17 year old will be the only one with us this time. Just a quick visit for Flower and Garden. We used to come during spring break each year but once the girls got older the oldest insisted on going to the beach. Now she's in college and her spring break is this week, in the cold! Younger one doesn't want to go anywhere during Spring Break and I have federal Jury Duty that seek so I decided to convince her to come with us since it's just one day of school missed.

That's awesome! I just did the 5K and half marathon during Princess Half Marathon weekend. I loved every minute of it! You are going to have a blast. I wish I could win the Lotto so I could do W&D and all Disney races!

Happy training!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter