2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee -

We'll be at the BC in just two weeks from today and I can get pictures of the current tea selections if no one else gets them sooner.

We returned late Friday after an awesome week at WDW and the BC. We had a spectacular room location although the room was oddly shaped and our first floor patio was basically non-existent. I'm sure it was because we had a corner room. But ... we were just a hop, skip and a jump away from the Marketplace and the door leading to the outside and "secret" door to Epcot was right outside our room. I know you shouldn't request a specific room number when making reservations, but I certainly wouldn't mind this room in the future (hopefully there IS a future visit).

Weather predictions called for rain almost every day, but it never really happened. One afternoon was about it. The sunshine and warmth were perfect for this Wisconsinite!

Was surprised at the crowd levels given it should be a slower time of the year, but I don't think any time is all that slow any more.

If I can convince DH, we should be heading back in January with the whole family. Sadly that won't involve a stay at BC (likely POFQ), but for the chance to go to WDW, I'd gladly stay almost anywhere.

We enjoyed dinner at Cape May Cafe one evening and it was out of this world. Thank you to everyone who chimed in while I was planning. You did NOT lead me astray!!!

We returned late Friday after an awesome week at WDW and the BC. We had a spectacular room location although the room was oddly shaped and our first floor patio was basically non-existent. I'm sure it was because we had a corner room. But ... we were just a hop, skip and a jump away from the Marketplace and the door leading to the outside and "secret" door to Epcot was right outside our room. I know you shouldn't request a specific room number when making reservations, but I certainly wouldn't mind this room in the future (hopefully there IS a future visit).

Weather predictions called for rain almost every day, but it never really happened. One afternoon was about it. The sunshine and warmth were perfect for this Wisconsinite!

Was surprised at the crowd levels given it should be a slower time of the year, but I don't think any time is all that slow any more.

If I can convince DH, we should be heading back in January with the whole family. Sadly that won't involve a stay at BC (likely POFQ), but for the chance to go to WDW, I'd gladly stay almost anywhere.

Glad you had a nice trip!!!! :cool1:

Heading to the airport to fly home in about an hour. Had a great stay with my girls!!!

As far as the international flights and checking in the luggage at the resorts, right before I left to come visit Jeanne and Lily, it went into effect at our resort. I was told the airlines that already were part of this whole "thing" are still the same .. no new ones were added .. so their flights that were international were now part of the program. The airlines like American, USAir, etc. that are part of the program ... if you have a flight with them to any place outside the US, you can now check your bags in at the resort and not have to carry them with you to the airport. At the time I left, no new airlines were added to the list of participating carriers but I do not know if there are any plans for more airlines to participate.

Heading to the airport to fly home in about an hour. Had a great stay with my girls!!!

As far as the international flights and checking in the luggage at the resorts, right before I left to come visit Jeanne and Lily, it went into effect at our resort. I was told the airlines that already were part of this whole "thing" are still the same .. no new ones were added .. so their flights that were international were now part of the program. The airlines like American, USAir, etc. that are part of the program ... if you have a flight with them to any place outside the US, you can now check your bags in at the resort and not have to carry them with you to the airport. At the time I left, no new airlines were added to the list of participating carriers but I do not know if there are any plans for more airlines to participate.

Safe journey home Teena. Hope you're not too sad and that you are feeling a lot less wheezy than you were when you started your trip:hug: Wont be too long until your girls are on their way to visit you in the summer :goodvibes

Safe journey home Teena. Hope you're not too sad and that you are feeling a lot less wheezy than you were when you started your trip:hug: Wont be too long until your girls are on their way to visit you in the summer :goodvibes

Thanks!! Wheezing is pretty much gone ... still have a cough though. I'm not too sad this time leaving. Jeanne arrives for her "adult" spring break on April 12th (Lily's Daddy and his family have plans for spring break and want Lily along so Jeanne gets to come to Florida alone and sleep in and have some adult fun and I invited her two best friends from PA and they are flying out for four of the days ... we have lots of Disney plans those days with adult attractions instead of Lily attractions ending with a fun night at Hoop Dee Doo ... definitely not a Lily thing yet). Jeanne will be here for 7 nights. Then I fly back out here to spend Mother's Day with the girls and Jeanne's birthday (5/14). I always come out for that!! Then the girls come for 2-1/2 weeks in the summer. So it's not too bad saying goodbye this time. And Lily and I Skype all the time ... greatest invention ever!!!

I really miss being in the BC Lobby and seeing all my guests!!!

Travel safe, Teena!

Someone asked about split stays, and we do these all the time! Two ways:

Option A: We use this option if we're going to be out and about for the day and don't need our luggage until bedtime. We also use this option if resort #1 is closer to the park we're visiting that morning. Finally, this option works for us when we have CL at both resort #1 and resort #2 or we enjoy them both equally. Example: Transfer from Poly to BWI and spend most of the day at MK. Perfect for Option A! Here's how it works: Give luggage to Bell Services at resort #1. Enjoy day. Arrive at resort #2 and check in whenever you're ready. Call for luggage delivery to your room. Dee is correct - it's best to not expect that luggage until later in the day. If we let Disney transfer our luggage, we bring anything we might need before bedtime in our park bags. Usually that's just a swimsuit.

Option B: We use this option if we're anxious to get to resort #2, need our luggage during the day and/or resort #2 is near the park we're visiting that morning. Examples: Transfer from BC to CR, spending morning in MK and need MNSSHP costumes in the afternoon (love BC, but really needed those costumes!); transfer from Dolphin to AKL and want to enjoy AKL pool for the day; transfer from POFQ to YC and just want to get to YC ASAP and spend the morning at DHS; transfer from POR to BWI after a late-night arrival, spending the morning at DHS and want to grab breakfast in the BWI club lounge instead of the POR food court! Lots more examples, because we choose this more often than Option A. Here's how it works: Get cab at resort #1 and load luggage. Arrive at resort #2. If room is ready, settle in. If room is not ready, leave luggage with bell services and call for luggage delivery when room is ready. Our luggage is available to us all day and we don't have to worry about it. Cab fare is always under $20, and we're usually transferring to a resort where we booked CL, so it's cost-efficient for us to pay the $15 cab fare and then eat breakfast in the club lounge.

If I were staying at Pop and transferring to BC/YC, I'd definitely go with Option B - would be very anxious to get to BC/YC!

Thanks!! Wheezing is pretty much gone ... still have a cough though. I'm not too sad this time leaving. Jeanne arrives for her "adult" spring break on April 12th (Lily's Daddy and his family have plans for spring break and want Lily along so Jeanne gets to come to Florida alone and sleep in and have some adult fun and I invited her two best friends from PA and they are flying out for four of the days ... we have lots of Disney plans those days with adult attractions instead of Lily attractions ending with a fun night at Hoop Dee Doo ... definitely not a Lily thing yet). Jeanne will be here for 7 nights. Then I fly back out here to spend Mother's Day with the girls and Jeanne's birthday (5/14). I always come out for that!! Then the girls come for 2-1/2 weeks in the summer. So it's not too bad saying goodbye this time. And Lily and I Skype all the time ... greatest invention ever!!!

I really miss being in the BC Lobby and seeing all my guests!!!

Sounds like you have lots of fun times planned. I too love Skype -it saves my sanity when my daughter is visiting her future-in-laws in Denmark. Amazing invention!! Love that you are flying out for Mother's Day too. It's on the 30th March here-cant wait as it's the one day of the year that I'm on strike -no cooking, cleaning or anything remotely resembling housework (don't know what my excuse is the rest of the year):lmao:
I'm sure the lobby just isn't the same without you but it's good for the soul to visit your girls :goodvibes

Off to youngest son's parent-teacher meeting! Wish me luck! Clever adorable child who sees no earthly reason to use 2 different colours to paint a picture when "1 is quicker and you get to go outside for play sooner" !Here's hoping his teacher is the understanding sort who "gets" my son :eek:

Thanks natebenma and luvpoohandcompany for the tea info. I'll keep my eyes on this thread in case anyone comes up with more info. (especially regarding the cups/lids in room to take hot bevs to go)

:offtopic:

Love it when friends without children feel they can comment on the right age to bring a child to Disney World.

Just registered for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon! It will be my first half. :scared: DH is doing the 5k, kids are doing the one-mile. Any other BC/YC friends running?

I'm running W&D and bringing my family. Unfortunately there are no CL rooms available at either BC or YC so we are currently planning to stay at Boardwalk. I keep checking to see if any availability opens up because I'd rather be at BC (or YC).

Amanda

MOUSEMOMMY
Well per your sage advice, I upgraded to CL at YC! You and Teena helped me remember how convenient those morning breakfasts are! Though I am sure a box of pop tarts in the room would suffice! :rotfl2:. At any rate, I made the switch the other day...now just praying for the June discount to roll out!

MOUSEMOMMY
Well per your sage advice, I upgraded to CL at YC! You and Teena helped me remember how convenient those morning breakfasts are! Though I am sure a box of pop tarts in the room would suffice! :rotfl2:. At any rate, I made the switch the other day...now just praying for the June discount to roll out!

NICE!!!!!! I am actually booked at BC and we are non-CL for the 1st time in a couple of trips. :faint:

But, our trip is completely paid for now...so I am just going to sit back and wait for August....:cool1:

Wishing for a nice discount for you!!! pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter