• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprising my mom on our trip with a stay at the GF, it is her bucket list hotel at WDW! She thinks we are staying at POR, which isn't too bad either. I waited to change the reservation until after we got the resort overview mailed to us. This time next week will be our first wake-up and we will be hitting MK first. Unbelievably excited, been looking at the resort pictures all day.

Surprising my mom on our trip with a stay at the GF, it is her bucket list hotel at WDW! She thinks we are staying at POR, which isn't too bad either. I waited to change the reservation until after we got the resort overview mailed to us. This time next week will be our first wake-up and we will be hitting MK first. Unbelievably excited, been looking at the resort pictures all day.
Awesome!

I believe it might be due to the facet

Did you get those "My Pillows"? I got some and love them!

I tried "My Pillow" and they didn't like them. I grew up using Latex Foam pillows and there are so hard to find. My mom finally found them on JCP.com and I love them!! The rest of the family is on the fence...lol!!

This is the sweetest thing I read all day!! I am so excited for the two of you, you must be busting. You girls are going to have an amazing trip!!

I tried "My Pillow" and they didn't like them. I grew up using Latex Foam pillows and there are so hard to find. My mom finally found them on JCP.com and I love them!! The rest of the family is on the fence...lol!!

This is the sweetest thing I read all day!! I am so excited for the two of you, you must be busting. You girls are going to have an amazing trip!!
Thanks Wishes! My mom hasn't been since 2006 and so much has changed. And Yes, I am busting. It is hard keep this a secret. It will also be my first time at the GF. Plus my mom is bringing her, "My Pillow", :rotfl:! She loves it.

This is our first time at GF and I had a quick question about Gasparilla. Their menu shows pizza available "late night." Does anyone know those hours? Is there any chance of getting a regular pizza at lunch time?

Thanks Wishes! My mom hasn't been since 2006 and so much has changed. And Yes, I am busting. It is hard keep this a secret. It will also be my first time at the GF. Plus my mom is bringing her, "My Pillow", :rotfl:! She loves it.

That's great, 2006 boy have things changed, that's going to make the trip even better. Wait until she tries the GF pillows and the bed!!!:cloud9: I hope you come back to visit afterward to let us know how it was and how she responded to your surprise. When are you telling her? Magical Express? :ssst:

This is our first time at GF and I had a quick question about Gasparilla. Their menu shows pizza available "late night." Does anyone know those hours? Is there any chance of getting a regular pizza at lunch time?

Hi! I am really not positive but I will tell you that they are very flexible and helpful, if they have it there you can have it. I change everything to the point that its unrecognizable.:rolleyes1 I am sure a person with more experience will be here shortly, but I wouldn't worry. BTW, the pizza must be good because you see that pizza box EVERYWHERE!

Hi! I am really not positive but I will tell you that they are very flexible and helpful, if they have it there you can have it. I change everything to the point that its unrecognizable.:rolleyes1 I am sure a person with more experience will be here shortly, but I wouldn't worry. BTW, the pizza must be good because you see that pizza box EVERYWHERE!
That's good to hear! I'm a pretty picky eater, so the plainer I can make something the better. We want to spend some afternoons at the hotel to get out of the hot August sun!

This is off topic but I just had to let everyone know that...

MY NEPHEW-IN-LAW IS THE ONE SHOOTING THE FINAL WISHES SHOW TONIGHT!!!

He's on the fireworks team (tech entertainment engineer of some sort), what a great job he has! He just sent me a FB message, and I wished him good luck tonight.

Here's what he said about the new fireworks show..."Disney has knocked it out of the park!"

Woo-hoo!!

Hi to all my dear GFers! Oh, it's been a crazy month. I finally have a day off and can spend time with my favourite thread!

He's on the fireworks team (tech entertainment engineer of some sort), what a great job he has! He just sent me a FB message, and I wished him good luck tonight.

Here's what he said about the new fireworks show..."Disney has knocked it out of the park!"

Woo-hoo!!

Now, that is exciting! Wishes has been a fine way to end the day over quite a few trips. Like a visit from a friend, it will be a little sad to see it go. But, the thought of a new spectacular takes away any lasting gloom! Hope the fireworks team has/had a great night!

Woo-hoo!!
Very exciting Lisann! Can't wait for Nov to see it.

Very exciting Lisann! Can't wait for Nov to see it.
Wow, Lisann, that is exciting for him (and you, as a Disney lover!). I will surely miss Wishes but have high hopes that the new show will not disappoint us. I won't get to see it until December (unless I wrangle DH to go down before then for a quick trip).

That's great, 2006 boy have things changed, that's going to make the trip even better. Wait until she tries the GF pillows and the bed!!!:cloud9: I hope you come back to visit afterward to let us know how it was and how she responded to your surprise. When are you telling her? Magical Express? :ssst:

I loved the beds at BC and I am betting they are just as good at GF! Definitely will come back with trip highlights...I am going to try and hold out until we enter the line at the Magical Express. It will be hard to pretend after that.

Lisann - Very cool :cool2: Although I will miss Wishes, I am REALLY looking forward to the new fireworks show. i want it to be a surprise though so I am not watching any of the sneak peek videos. I want to go in FRESH :rotfl:

I am so sore today :crazy2: Moving my DD18 out of her dorm room was more difficult than I expected. Moving in was a breeze because they had all of the male athletes unloading the cars and carrying up the cargo. She was on the 3rd floor and her dorm has no elevators. Lugging heavy boxes and bags up and down all those flights of stairs and then working the giant tetris game in my car was quite challenging. We ended up donating several items we couldn't fit into the car. Next year....I will send DH :P

Lisann - Very cool :cool2: Although I will miss Wishes, I am REALLY looking forward to the new fireworks show. i want it to be a surprise though so I am not watching any of the sneak peek videos. I want to go in FRESH :rotfl:

I am so sore today :crazy2: Moving my DD18 out of her dorm room was more difficult than I expected. Moving in was a breeze because they had all of the male athletes unloading the cars and carrying up the cargo. She was on the 3rd floor and her dorm has no elevators. Lugging heavy boxes and bags up and down all those flights of stairs and then working the giant tetris game in my car was quite challenging. We ended up donating several items we couldn't fit into the car. Next year....I will send DH :P
Been there and done that! Those college dorms (especially the older ones) can be a challenge. Don't miss those days at all!

I'm not sure how late they make pizza but I know my husband has gone around midnight and gotten one. I don't see why you couldn't order a regular pizza at lunch. I'm sure someone knows the answer.

Unless it has changed very recently, that is only available at Contemporary.

Didn't actually hear it with my own ears, but I noticed that one of the channels on the tv said Wishes. the channel was always blank when I turned it on, but did wonder if they played the music on that channel during the show. We watches Wishes from the patio in front of Gasparilla every night we were there. I get a little claustrophobic in large crowds so this was the perfect way for me to watch them. And just to add, we had a corner theme park view room on the third floor with a pretty good view of the castle from the balcony (a tree was slightly blocking it.) and we had a second balcony with a fantastic view of the Poly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter